Washington Post Special: Black homeowners in PG County have watched wealth vanish

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You legit need to do some research before speaking . The dmv isn't like other metro areas .

Most people live on outskirts and work in DC .

This is why people who live down here are trying to explain why pg county still hold the most wealthy black family's in the country

You think living on the outskirts is something unique to DC? lol

And having inflated house prices + inflated salaries does not equal wealth especially when its all coming from the government sector.

Point being. The DMV does not have the growth potential that a Houston or Atlanta has and no one informed on the subject would say the same.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

And having inflated house prices + inflated salaries does not equal wealth especially when its all coming from the government sector.

Point being. The DMV does not have the growth potential that a Houston or Atlanta has and no one informed on the subject would say the same.
While there is far less take home pay considering COL, there is far more reach to making income as an investor in this area. It it wasn't, this place would suck. I am about to go back to hacking on Kali Linux. Holla ya'll

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This probably sounds bad, but this type of shyt is why I rent and question whether I'll ever buy a house even though I could afford to. :smh:

Way safer and less stressful to just sign a 1-year lease, and if things go south or prices get too high you can just pack up and move elsewhere. Granted, you don't build wealth but there's not too much to lose either.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps

It's unique to the dmv because of the area .

You do realize most folks that work down here aren't even from here right ? Most have relocated and the crazy part is not even always about government jobs .

you legit have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to inflation so good ahead .

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Yep :yes:. I'm thinking of selling it though.
Hold off yo just a bit you see how hyattsville coming up breh .

New hyattsville is fukking sexy ass hell my homie got a crib over there by buss boys .

Then you see how fort totten looks girl Langley park bout to be the same cause of the new metro .

I wonder where they going to push all those Hispanics to :smh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
It's unique to the dmv because of the area .

You do realize most folks that work down here aren't even from here right ? Most have relocated and the crazy part is not even always about government jobs .

You really think DC is the only city where people commute into the city and has tons of transplants? :pachaha:

you legit have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to inflation so good ahead .

Find any reputable source stating DC and the surrounding area has anywhere near the future cities like Houston and Atlanta have :pachaha:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
You really think DC is the only city where people commute into the city and has tons of transplants? :pachaha:

Find any reputable source stating DC and the surrounding area has anywhere near the future cities like Houston and Atlanta have :pachaha:

You know there is more here than any where else so why are you trying to argue .

i said the most and yea sure DC is about to be a ghost town .

What the fukk are you arguing breh ?

We all know those places are booming including Dallas and Denver as well .

You acting like everyone going broke in the dmv and no one wants to live here is just silly .

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You know there is more here than any where else so why are you trying to argue .

i said the most and yea sure DC is about to be a ghost town .

What the fukk are you arguing breh ?

We all know those places are booming including Dallas and Denver as well .

You acting like everyone going broke in the dmv and no one wants to live here is just silly .

You putting a lot of words into my mouth.

DC is a fine city and will continue to be fine for a certain class of people but Black folks in the area are going to have the same fate as those in Chicago, LA, NYC just on extended time.....the people from those same cities use to kick the same talking points you are right now and eventually gave in to the truth :yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
orr we can build up/take care of our own neighborhoods.

"worth" is subjective, and many times ya'll look at things thru the lense of ppl who hate you :ld:
The thing is, "worth" is not subjective.
It is a dollar amount.
You're definitely right about the buying/maintenance of our neighborhoods, the issue is there is only a small chunk of Black people who can afford to.
We need purchase and control of both Black and White neighborhoods and properties.