Washington Post Special: Black homeowners in PG County have watched wealth vanish

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I know that doesn't equal black but Latinos only make up 13% of the population. Black people make up 65% of the county.
Minority don't mean Black breh. There are a lot of hispanics in parts of PG and a lot of Black businesses seem to be franchises and typical shyt like hair shops and shyt like that but overall, there wasn't a lot of local restaurants or larger businesses.
White people have gone from 19 to 25% in 5 years :ohhh: That's why I voted against the MGM :snoop:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
When whites leave the area the value of your home goes with it unless you have an economic structure to prop up the value of your home.

Cacs leave,
Cacs revalue your property
Cacs come back and buy everything cheap
Cacs revalue their property
New prices guarantee you not coming back anytime soon

Cacs

Probably the most intelligent thing u ever said on here

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Nikkas think I'm playing when I say PG for life. Or at least maybeeeeee Burtonsville, silver spring, Waldorf.

I'd never move Outta this area. Lotta good black folks, jobs in DC, VA and MD that pay well. Beautiful women, HBCUS, black restaurants.

Taking your kids to the doctor and seeing all black pediatricians, black dentists, black restaurant staff, black attorneys. You just don't believe it unless you're here.
Better then the ATL or Houston?

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Why isn't the DMV hyped up like Atlanta,Houston or NC? There is alot of black folks down there and in the long term when my money and career is situated I want to move to a majority black area and leave NYC.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why isn't the DMV hyped up like Atlanta,Houston or NC? There is alot of black folks down there and in the long term when my money and career is situated I want to move to a majority black area and leave NYC.
Because the city is too corporate and boogie. Most events take place usually for networking. Too many career focused folks that have no time for real life.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Because the city is too corporate and boogie. Most events take place usually for networking. Too many career focused folks that have no time for real life.

I moved back to D.C. 12 days ago and I already starting to remember why I was happy to leave the last time. People here are extremely snobby, stuck up and pretentious and the ones that aren't are still corporate drones. DC is like NYC except if it was nothing but, Upper East Side trust fund babies and Wall St. types. In NYC, you have people from every walk of life to balance things out. Down here, it's very bland. My stay won't be for long.