Was plant based meat a fad?

invalid

Banned
Daps
it was a fad to try to make it a mass market product, but if you're actually vegetarian/vegan or want to cut down your animal product consumption, it's something to use occasionally. i think manufacturers messed up trying to pin it as healthier when the macros and amount of processed ingredients all pointed to the opposite, they should've just leaned in on "get the texture/taste without the flesh"

Yeah. The welfare of animals and the environment is it's selling point. Should not have marketed to the masses as a healthier option. People who are legit vegan/vegetarians became so because of the first two points, so they will continue to use the products.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
map_food_vs_fuel.0.jpg

Y'all are swallowing literal beef industry propaganda instead of just looking up the basic facts.
damn, california is legit feeding the country...:wow:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Adding all that sodium to soy and that other shyt ain’t much worse than actual meat. shyt was bound to fail.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
I still eat Morningstar products, the chicken nuggets are better than real chicken. I stopped fukking with BK after they changed their veggie burger to the Impossible Meat brand

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Saw several beyond burger patties with the yellow stickers on them tonight. Two packs for 1.71 each. Maybe this thread was right :jbhmm:
As I always say when people talk about eating Petri protein, take one gander at what’s left on every grocers shelves when a shortage, power outage or natural disaster hits. No one eats this bullshyt

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
World wide there are so many great vegetarian and vegan options, no need for fake meat. Over 200 million vegatarians in India alone, just draw from that cuisine and make your own stuff.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
When all fast food chains have it as an option it’ll pick up.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I still eat Morningstar products, the chicken nuggets are better than real chicken. I stopped fukking with BK after they changed their veggie burger to the Impossible Meat brand
This does not taste better than real chicken.
World wide there are so many great vegetarian and vegan options, no need for fake meat. Over 200 million vegatarians in India alone, just draw from that cuisine and make your own stuff.
No one eats Indian food
When all fast food chains have it as an option it’ll pick up.
Nope