was Joel a good guy or bad guy in The Last of Us

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
In that situation with those options yeah a good person would have let them have her because the bloodshed involved with saving her cost far more lives than letting them have her.
so if was your daughter/sister/mother... you'd have said "ok sounds good" and then walked on home?

Daps
How many people did he kill at the end just because he didn't want to let go of one life? He walked in that building and murdered everyone when he could have walked away and the girl would have likely died but all those soldiers would have went home to their families.
You can't be this delusional. :why:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Bad guy.

He never would have brought ellies dumb ass if his friend didnt beg him.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's hard to say. He's a martyr for sure though.

You can say bad, because ellie could've saved lives with her death.
You can say good, because maybe he saw through their bullshyt, and realized or hope that there would be a better way.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Can't really say he's bad or good.

On one hand that group tried many times using the same method on chimps, and failed. They also found other immune people and failed, if I were Joel I wouldn't sacrifice Ellie like that especially when I've come to know her as a daughter.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
it was stated ingame that they found somebody who was immune and they failed to make a cure and the person died in the process so joel was in the right for saving her :umad:
the right choice for who? remember joel was the only single solitary person that wanted the outcome we saw