winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
joel.jpg

alot of his decisions in the game were selfish...especially the ending

but he also did alot of questionable things..

what do you guys think
Well he certainty wasn't a good person.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
How many people did he kill at the end just because he didn't want to let go of one life? He walked in that building and murdered everyone when he could have walked away and the girl would have likely died but all those soldiers would have went home to their families.

:russ: I see what you did there.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What I did was say that her one life wasn't worth the cost of all the lives he had to take to save it. Most of those people were just doing their jobs.

:dead: I thought you were making a UC2 referenc because Lazarevic puts Drake on blast for that.

Anyway, I don't think it's that easy to sacrifice someone you've bonded with after going through hell to protect them. That's why I sympathize with Joel's decision and what makes it so easy to side with him is how the Fireflies were portrayed. They looked like desperate villains and they weren't clean at all. Their war with the Military and their agitation of Quarantine zones gave birth to the Hunters. They've got just as much bodies on them as Joel. Look how fast the scientists wanted to take Ellie's brains out even after all those previous failures, so hasty and it wasn't even a guaranteed cure. No wonder Tommy left all that bullshyt.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
How many people did he kill at the end just because he didn't want to let go of one life? He walked in that building and murdered everyone when he could have walked away and the girl would have likely died but all those soldiers would have went home to their families.

It's a world where you either get yours or get got breh. The Fireflies been at war with the FEDRA and had been doing their own dirt. They weren't afraid to add Joell and Ellie to that list. So Joell added them to his. Nobody is a "good person" at this point in the game, as you've seen by the number of humans that tried to kill Joell and Ellie up to that point.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's a world where you either get yours or get got breh. The Fireflies been at war with the FEDRA and had been doing their own dirt. They weren't afraid to add Joell and Ellie to that list. So Joell added them to his. Nobody is a "good person" at this point in the game, as you've seen by the number of humans that tried to kill Joell and Ellie up to that point.
the fact remains that a good person wouldn't have killed all those people to save one life. That's about as far away from doing the greater good as one can get. A good person also wouldn't have looked her in the eyes after the fact and lied about what happened.