• no

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fredo got mixed up with Roth, who didn't have any of the Sicilian honor (had a hitman shoot up a house with kids and wife inside, involved the law to try and subpoena and subsequently indict Michael). It was a real risk, especially since Michael got paranoid about having his family shot at and facing the possibility of doing serious time.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He was wrong for killing his own blood as it showed in part 3, he regretted it but at the time he thought it was justified. Mike warned him in Part 1 "Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I was just about to make this post. Glad I searched for it.

I say no. I understand why Michael did it, but...it was Fredo. Fredo, for fukk's sake. If it was Sonny or maybe even Tom, I would've understood. Those men were threats. But Fredo was such a fukk-up that he didn't even realize that he was setting his brother up to be killed!

At no time did Michael have anything to fear from Fredo. Michael killed Fredo on GP - understandable, but that was his brother. His stupid, weak, punk of a brother. Banish him, cut him off, leave him to fend for himself. But Fredo was not a threat. He shouldn't have been killed - and the fact that Fredo's death tortured Michael for the rest of his life proved that.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was just about to make this post. Glad I searched for it.

I say no. I understand why Michael did it, but...it was Fredo. Fredo, for fukk's sake. If it was Sonny or maybe even Tom, I would've understood. Those men were threats. But Fredo was such a fukk-up that he didn't even realize that he was setting his brother up to be killed!

At no time did Michael have anything to fear from Fredo. Michael killed Fredo on GP - understandable, but that was his brother. His stupid, weak, punk of a brother. Banish him, cut him off, leave him to fend for himself. But Fredo was not a threat. He shouldn't have been killed - and the fact that Fredo's death tortured him for the rest of his life proved that.
He was part of the family business, even if he banished him he still could snitch. That's something a weak, stupid, punk might do.
While it tormented Mike leaving him alive might have doomed the whole family. Mike took the weight.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Killing is always wrong :troll:

That being said, in the context of gangster shyt once Fredo was cut off from the business he couldn't have sold them out. It was a monstrous act, Michael's power had gone to his head.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Fredo-defenders have never managed to answer this question - who opened the drapes in Mike's bedroom?

I truly believe Fredo was LYING when he told Mike he didn't know it was a hit. And when Johnny Ola called him and Fredo said "you guys lied to me" I think he means "you guys told me Mike would die and he didn't ". His rant at the end exposes how he had a wish to be boss, I think that's what Roth and Ola put in his head.

Fredo tried to come at the king and he missed, Mike did what he had to do.