Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Simple, ask yourself if Vito would have done the same thing. Vito was the last person Michael ever respected/revered/took advice from. I'm not even talking the father son angle; do you think Vito would have killed his blood brother? I think not.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Simple, ask yourself if Vito would have done the same thing. Vito was the last person Michael ever respected/revered/took advice from. I'm not even talking the father son angle; do you think Vito would have killed his blood brother? I think not.
If his blood brother set him up to be killed. Fredo betrayed Michael with Mo Green and Mike warned him not to ever do it again. Never go against the family. The attempted hit on Mike at his house was Fredo. Fredo had to die.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is always a great discussion, and a complex one. Michael was right to kill Fredo, because he was a liability and a traitor, you can't really come back from that. Though, I did see the family betrayal handled well in Boardwalk Empire, with Nucky and his brother. In that show, Nucky didn't kill his brother, which was wise for awhile. Can't remember if Nucky's bro betrayed him again later in the series or not.

Vito would've never condoned Michael killing Fredo, nor would he have killed his brother. Because Vito believed in family over everything. Michael was more ruthless than Vito, and much less sentimental about family.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
He could have gotten Fredo out of the picture without having him killed.

He could have given Fredo the life he almost had in Italy.

He didn't have to kill Fredo, but he was a psycho and I'm sure his time in war fukked his head up.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He could have gotten Fredo out of the picture without having him killed.

He could have given Fredo the life he almost had in Italy.

He didn't have to kill Fredo, but he was a psycho and I'm sure his time in war fukked his head up.

I think he was more worried about fredo ratting him out and testifying against him. That dude was easily manipulated

Hey Fredo open up the drapes to Mikes room so we can watch them fuk

Ok Roth

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wrong. Death is permanent. He could’ve had Fredo sent overseas and told him to never return. He could’ve sent him to London, Spain, Italy, maybe somewhere in South America like Argentina or Brazil. Tons of places for him to disappear to and not be a bother anymore and then years later once tensions cooled you could’ve had a reconciliation.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrong. Death is permanent. He could’ve had Fredo sent overseas and told him to never return. He could’ve sent him to London, Spain, Italy, maybe somewhere in South America like Argentina or Brazil. Tons of places for him to disappear to and not be a bother anymore and then years later once tensions cooled you could’ve had a reconciliation.
Wrong

He was a tool for Michaels enemies, as long as he was alive the more vulnerable he was.

These crooks can find anybody, hey fredo testify against your brother and you’ll be The Godfather

That already worked before

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wrong

He was a tool for Michaels enemies, as long as he was alive the more vulnerable he was.

These crooks can find anybody, hey fredo testify against your brother and you’ll be The Godfather

That already worked before

Send him to Italy and let the crime family there watch over him or send him overseas to another city and periodically have investigators spy on him. Mike had hundreds of millions of dollars. Fredo was a moron. Any half decent investigator could easily find out who Fredo was associating with whenever Mike wanted to check up. There were a number of solutions he could’ve taken that didn’t involve killing Fredo.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
no. simply no justification for it. Michael was feeling himself too much.
Michael was paranoid as fukk..

Apart of him died when Apollonia got killed by that bomb.

They go into more in the book and in some delete scenes.

But he was spying on Tom..Tom was fukking Sonnys widow...and was possibly looking at a job in Vegas..Michael confronts him about it.

This is always a great discussion, and a complex one. Michael was right to kill Fredo, because he was a liability and a traitor, you can't really come back from that. Though, I did see the family betrayal handled well in Boardwalk Empire, with Nucky and his brother. In that show, Nucky didn't kill his brother, which was wise for awhile. Can't remember if Nucky's bro betrayed him again later in the series or not.

Vito would've never condoned Michael killing Fredo, nor would he have killed his brother. Because Vito believed in family over everything. Michael was more ruthless than Vito, and much less sentimental about family.
True..

We tend to forget Michael saw action with the Marines in the Pacific..and Marines went through deep shyt..

Combined with him losing his brother in a hit while he's away and can't mourn with his family and then his new bride getting blown up leads to :demonic:

Oville

Pro
Daps
Mike did what he did cuz he became paranoid and irrational towards the end so no I dont think killing Fredo was necessary. On a related note, I hated how they made it seem like Connie and the rest of the family played stupid about Fredo's death in part 3. Connie had already been upset with Mike for offing her abusive husband, she wouldnt play stupid after she begged Mike to make up with him after her mom's death.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
If his blood brother set him up to be killed. Fredo betrayed Michael with Mo Green and Mike warned him not to ever do it again. Never go against the family. The attempted hit on Mike at his house was Fredo. Fredo had to die.
Did Fredo try it again? Fredo didn't even think it was gonna go that way in the first place. Vito would have exiled him to Italy, where he could get all the bytches he wanted off his name and never have power.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Did Fredo try it again? Fredo didn't even think it was gonna go that way in the first place. Vito would have exiled him to Italy, where he could get all the bytches he wanted off his name and never have power.
Fredo would NEVER go against his father...simple.
Once u go against your own family, u deserve to die. Fredo was weak and a liability. Michael took the family to a new level.