Was Arnold Schwarzenegger ever the number one star in Hollywood?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
5. Saw it in theaters. Cried when he sacrificed himself. But Arnold was a big part of our house because of my dad. He'd let me watch total recall on the movie channel or showtime, I rented the fukk out of Twins, and fell in love with Commando when it came on afternoon tv back when movies used to come on tv on Saturday afternoons:wow:
In some other thread, u said you were 6 when Pulp fiction dropped. :francis:

nikka I can divide. :huhldup:

Maybe you just mixed up what year PF dropped which was 94 so no biggie if that was the case. :hubie:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Arnold had a generation of young men thinking all they had to do to make it in Hollywood was get swole not realizing this dude was bursting with a natural charisma, maybe moreso than The Rock :hubie:

You could tell he was a star from Pumping Iron and that shyt was a documentary

Cosign. Grew up on Arnold movies like everyone else. Superstar in his prime. The Rock touchin Schwarzenegger prime....:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Until I sat home wit my lady one night, and really sat there and watched Pumping Iron...I came to the realization, Arnold was destined to be a superstar...:hubie:

Dudes charisma, swag, and confidence was off the charts. I was actually :russ: at points, cuz you could tell dude was real life feelin himself, and knew cats weren't fukk wit em. I know the amount of cheeks, dude was prali eatin off back in the day, was... :wow:

But yea...him beIN charismatic wasn't some movie schtick, he was really carryin it like that IRL. Somehow they were able to translate it into the screen as well. As far as The Rock is concerned, where the fukk is his Predator...his T2? :hhh:

As far as I'm concerned, he played it too safe, and has underachieved in his movie career. He hasn't left it all on the floor...:yeshrug:

fukk his PG13 career...:mjlol:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
He also continuously slams 45, whereas sly kisses his orange ass

Arnold>>>>>>>>>

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I really wish some of you were alive to experience how huge T2 was. Yea I'm older and witnessed it first hand (my sister worked at AMC back in the day) but the hype for this movie was bigger than just about anything I've ever seen. When that teaser trailer dropped people lost their shyt b/c no one knew a sequel was coming.

Teaser is PIFF

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Then go watch it and learn a thing or two. You keep duckin the age question me and @MartyMcFly asked. How old are you?

I am 34 years old. Growing up i didnt really watch any of arnols movies. The only ones i have watched are true lies, jingle all the way, eraser, and terminator 3

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I am 34 years old. Growing up i didnt really watch any of arnols movies. The only ones i have watched are true lies, jingle all the way, eraser, and terminator 3
How is that even possible? Were you Amish? If you were 5 in 91 you should've had some type of male figure in your life to watch/reference the movies Arnold put out when he was on fire in the 90s and not even make a thread like this. To try and put The Rock as a measuring stick is flat out disrespectful. You are of age so you have to have had some frame of reference to his fame back then. The Rock was more entertaining in the WWE than he is now on the big screen. He just chases the bag and there isn't anything wrong with that bc he can put asses in the seats but your filmography and your classics are what define and immortalizes you. Sadly The Rock just doesn't have one classic and I feel will be forgotten in a few years. I mean hell even Vin Diesel has Pitch Black. What is Rock's best movie? Faster? The Rundown? He better do something with this Black Adam role b/c time is running out on him.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
How is that even possible? Were you Amish? If you were 5 in 91 you should've had some type of male figure in your life to watch/reference the movies Arnold put out when he was on fire in the 90s and not even make a thread like this. To try and put The Rock as a measuring stick is flat out disrespectful. You are of age so you have to have had some frame of reference to his fame back then. The Rock was more entertaining in the WWE than he is now on the big screen. He just chases the bag and there isn't anything wrong with that bc he can put asses in the seats but your filmography and your classics are what define and immortalizes you. Sadly The Rock just doesn't have one classic and I feel will be forgotten in a few years. I mean hell even Vin Diesel has Pitch Black. What is Rock's best movie? Faster? The Rundown? He better do something with this Black Adam role b/c time is running out on him.

didn't have any male figures growing up. Wasnt trying to be disrespectful with regards to arnolds career or filmography.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Unfortunately The Rock's movies are all very derivative. You know what your getting when you see the title of the movie.

80s and 90s Hollywood was really creative. A lot of Rock's movies are based on existing IPs, ideas or straight up sequels. It really sets a low ceiling.

Predator, Terminator True Lies were all their own thing.

Even Arnold's movies based on IPs : Conan, Running Man were very unique and Arnold MADE those roles. He still looks better than any artists rendition of Conan.

The Rock is King of the box office right now but Arnold is a God in cinema.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
didn't have any male figures growing up. Wasnt trying to be disrespectful with regards to arnolds career or filmography.
Understandable. Let us know and we'll put you on but it seems like you already know of the iconic movies Arnold put out.