Was Arnold Schwarzenegger ever the number one star in Hollywood?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I really wish some of you were alive to experience how huge T2 was. Yea I'm older and witnessed it first hand (my sister worked at AMC back in the day) but the hype for this movie was bigger than just about anything I've ever seen. When that teaser trailer dropped people lost their shyt b/c no one knew a sequel was coming.

Dopest teaser ever. Yeah I still remember waiting in line to see it opening night with my parents and brothers. The hype was unreal.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I really wish some of you were alive to experience how huge T2 was. Yea I'm older and witnessed it first hand (my sister worked at AMC back in the day) but the hype for this movie was bigger than just about anything I've ever seen. When that teaser trailer dropped people lost their shyt b/c no one knew a sequel was coming.

this and Jurassic park was movies I will never forget my dad taking me to

I was born in 86

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
And if we wanna keep it 100 as far as wrestling actors, Roddy Piper made a classic with a message that still resonate today. + The fight scene

They live

He even got a classic one liner

And the 'Obey' slogan was from the film

obey.jpg

Where is the Rock's classic?

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
this and Jurassic park was movies I will never forget my dad taking me to

I was born in 86
First movie I remember in theaters was Aliens. Same year u were born. Batman, T2, Jurassic Park and ID4 were the biggest movies growing up for me. The biggest and most hyped.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
And if we wanna keep it 100 as far as wrestling actors, Roddy Piper made a classic with a message that still resonate today. + The fight scene

They live

He even got a classic one liner

And the 'Obey' slogan was from the film

obey.jpg

Where is the Rock's classic?

Even The Boz had a classic with

stone_3d209f8d-9ce5-4bb3-a09e-688c84e17d16_1024x1024.jpg

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Arnold was Michael Jackson level famous in his prime...he' wasnt just some actor having a hot summer, Arnold Schwarzenegger was an event, that's how big he was.

to all you nikkas born in like 96 and beyond, when you notice somebody gasp and look at you like you lost your fukking mind whenever you do these ridiculous hot takes like
" Legendary celebrity ??? is so overated and (insert current trendy celebrity) is so much better:jawalrus::troll:"

1.) you're speaking on a time you wasnt around to fully understand the magnitude of what was happening and appreciate it
2.) the 80's, and 90's were both decades in which alot of legenderary shyt was being produced all at once, all kinds of precedents were being set, records broke.etc. This was the peak of popular culture as we know it . Almost everything having to do with popular culture during those times felt like an event. Everyone was in their bag during the 80s and 90s with the dial turned to 1000. It was fukkery overload. Sports was super lit, wrestling was omega level lit. Life in general was turned the fukk up back then. A regular day in the hood looked like a block party. So much shyt was going on even on the day to day regular level. Nevermind celebrities

I diverged a bit but I say all that to emphasize how big a big celebrity truly was back then and that a mega star like arnold was god tier in popularity, just as their were god tier megastars in their respective fields; The 3 Mikes for instance (Jackson, Jordan, and Tyson for you slow ass nikkas)

Alot of the popping celebrities now are just nikkas that have a few hot summers, focus on "building their brand", but never really push the line in their respective fields, most people are less prone to take risk in this pussified "So liberal , i'm functionally conservative" ass world.

To get back on point, The rock falls into aforementioned category. Yeah he has flashes of greatness, but for the most part, dude is just slightly different flavors of vanilla with his roles.

he's always the muscular bald guy with a heavily soiled slightly torn t-shirt (to show you he's been through some shyt). Charisma can only get you so far. Dude needs to switch it up and play some villians or more nuanced protagonist with a different look; hair implants have come along way. Dude can get a believeable looking wig piece in these times to at least look different. But most importantly, he needs to pick meatier scripts. He still has alot of potential but he plays it safe with this Battle-hardened Mr Clean persona he refuses to deviate from.
I think alot of it has to do with the era he's in as well

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Who do you think has more charisma? Rock charisma during his wrestling career tops arnold period
charisma ain't trowing a few jokes confidently. You have no idea who Arnold was. People would be in fukking awe of Arnold. Since his bodybuilding days. Rock too goofy to be as charismatic as Arnold's shoe.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Arnold was not michael jackson famous, only elvis and the beatles rival the level of fame michael jackson had. Michael jackson was arguably the most famous person in history.