Was Arnold Schwarzenegger ever the number one star in Hollywood?

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I can't comment on what I don't know but Arnold's was known globally.
5 cents a day workers in Africa and Asia knew about him and loved him and MJ, can't say the same about Elvis and the Beatles. different times, 80's and 90's were just different hype times.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Arnold was not michael jackson famous, only elvis and the beatles rival the level of fame michael jackson had. Michael jackson was arguably the most famous person in history.
You either too young or misinformed. No one on this board was around for The Beatles or Elvis so I can't speak on that. I was definitely around for all of the 80s and 90s and Arnold was just about as close to Mike status when it came to movies. Of course no one in the history of the world could ever reach Mike's status. That was as close to a God in the flesh.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
“To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. :demonic:

"its not a tumor :dahell:!"

“Remember Sully when I promised to kill you last :steviej:”.

“See you at the party, Richter! :umad:”,

"ill be back :shaq2:"

"Hasta la vista baby:win:"

"let off some steam...bennet :lolbron:"

"fukk you a$$hole :demonic:"

"Whats the matter, CIA got you pushing pencils :smugbiden:"
Talk. To. These. Mofukkas!!:damn::damn::damn::damn:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
“To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. :demonic:

"its not a tumor :dahell:!"

“Remember Sully when I promised to kill you last :steviej:”.

“See you at the party, Richter! :umad:”,

"ill be back :shaq2:"

"Hasta la vista baby:win:"

"let off some steam...bennet :lolbron:"

"fukk you a$$hole :demonic:"

"Whats the matter, CIA got you pushing pencils :smugbiden:"

"If it bleeds..we can kill it"

"Stick around"

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast. And right now, I’m very hungry!"

"Consider that a divorce"

“I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!”

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
"If it bleeds..we can kill it"

"Stick around"

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast. And right now, I’m very hungry!"

"Consider that a divorce"

“I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!”

He doesn't even have one of these

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Arnold was the biggest movie star in the world in the late 80s/early 90s

1988: Twins (5th highest grossing movie that year)
1990: Total Recall (5)
1990: Kindergarten Cop (10)
1991: Terminator 2 (1)

Arnold was making RDJ money 25 years before RDJ

hcobbland84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Arnold, Stallone, and Bruce Willis all had better action film directors to work with also.

John McTiernan directed Die Hard, Predator, Die Hard with a Vengence, Last Action Hero.

Walter Hill directed Red Heat, Last Man Standing

James Cameron directed Terminator, T2, True Lies, and wrote the screenplay for Rambo First Blood Part 2.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Arnold was not michael jackson famous, only elvis and the beatles rival the level of fame michael jackson had. Michael jackson was arguably the most famous person in history.
Arnold was Michael Jackson famous. He was a global box office icon. And he was the guy who initiated the presidential physical fitness test we all had to take in elementary school. Dude was actually a tangential member of a White House while being an actor and a real estate mogul. He was already known worldwide for his bodybuilding; movies just took it to another level.

out of curiosity, how old are you homie?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Arnold was Michael Jackson famous. He was a global box office icon. And he was the guy who initiated the presidential physical fitness test we all had to take in elementary school. Dude was actually a tangential member of a White House while being an actor and a real estate mogul. He was already known worldwide for his bodybuilding; movies just took it to another level.

out of curiosity, how old are you homie?
Weren't you like 3 yrs old when T2 came out? Not saying you wrong but :dead:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Weren't you like 3 yrs old when T2 came out? Not saying you wrong but :dead:

5. Saw it in theaters. Cried when he sacrificed himself. But Arnold was a big part of our house because of my dad. He'd let me watch total recall on the movie channel or showtime, I rented the fukk out of Twins, and fell in love with Commando when it came on afternoon tv back when movies used to come on tv on Saturday afternoons:wow: