Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
few things - 1. asians love terrible shyt. 2. this is supposed to make like $25 mil in the US and 3. there's a clean copy online already. wouldn't be shocked if this being a massive American flop + early leak will change some shyt in the movie industry. i never really understood movies being released overseas way earlier, especially now with bootlegs popping up online so often. We might start seeing more BvS worldwide roll outs in the future... but who knows. the only thing I know 100% is that Asians love terrible shyt.

Damn that copy does look clean :whoo:
movie times are mad inconvenient for me tho...theater is still playing Civil War :skip:

Can Hollywood even do anything tho....since doesn't China help with the production money on a bunch of stuff? :manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
decent quality bootleg of this bullshyt is out
7.jpg

Yeah the chinese fukks leaked it...:lolbron:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
few things - 1. asians love terrible shyt. 2. this is supposed to make like $25 mil in the US and 3. there's a clean copy online already. wouldn't be shocked if this being a massive American flop + early leak will change some shyt in the movie industry. i never really understood movies being released overseas way earlier, especially now with bootlegs popping up online so often. We might start seeing more BvS worldwide roll outs in the future... but who knows. the only thing I know 100% is that Asians love terrible shyt.
Because Americans tastes are so refined right? :mjlol:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
This CGI is so shytty. It's like I'm watching a video game cut scene as opposed to a major motion picture.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

Its better then BvS and CW :manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm halfway through the movie now. the cgi when they're talking amongst themselves when the camera looks at their faces is amazing, they did a good job on the mo-cap. but it's too much cgi when duncan jones should have went practical effects and real people but i guess that's what happens when the orcs are fukking huge. I mean camera tricks work too. There's so much lore im honestly lost. it's not easy to pick up like LOTR... :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Box Office: 'Warcraft' Tops $100M In China, Crosses $200M Worldwide

Warcraft continues to kick butt in China, as it earned another $32.9 million in its third day of release. That’s a 32% drop from the $46m Thursday but still gives the film a new $124.2m three-day cume. It’s probably going to take a hit on Sunday since it’s a workday and thus will count as a “weekday” for the box office, but these are still insane numbers.

To wit, it’s going to top the $125.3 million total of Star Wars: The Force Awakens very early today. And it has already topped the likes of Iron Man 3, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, and Pacific Rim. If it doesn’t cross the $150m mark today, it certainly tomorrow.

Now it’s entirely possible that the film is playing exclusively to the many Warcraft fans in China and will peter out once they get a taste. The only question is whether it’s merely big in China or will be big elsewhere around the world, though the film is on the verge of being a solid hit no matter how well it does in North America this weekend.

Remember all that talk last month about whether or not Angry Birds would displace Walt Disney's Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time as the biggest video game movie ever? Well, forget that, because Warcraft may just end up topping that Walt Disney film’s $336 million total by Sunday.

With at least $75m overseas outside of China, $3.1m in North American preview grosses, and a $124m total in China, Warcraft has topped the $200 million mark worldwide. With at least $202m worldwide thus far, the film may reach $320m worldwide by the end of the weekend, thus doubling its budget. Now, as a rule of thumb, films need to earn 2.5-3x their budget (depending on marketing and what markets take what percentage of the ticket price) to start making money, so a $400-$500m cume by the end of all of this would be ideal.

China is a major player now so if they're lucky they may do 200 something ww

:ducreux2:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This CGI is so shytty. It's like I'm watching a video game cut scene as opposed to a major motion picture.
I haven't seen it yet so take this for what it's worth, but I think Ducan Jones was going for a stylized video game look, because I played WoW since vanilla's beta and some of the scenes look dead up like out of the game in terms of the colors/look of it... I don't know if I'm even going to bother seeing this in theaters, I'll definitely check it out on bluray though.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I haven't seen it yet so take this for what it's worth, but I think Ducan Jones was going for a stylized video game look, because I played WoW since vanilla's beta and some of the scenes look dead up like out of the game in terms of the colors/look of it... I don't know if I'm even going to bother seeing this in theaters, I'll definitely check it out on bluray though.
That may be why it doesn't appeal to me. I never played it. I'll probably get around to watching this one day, just won't be spending money on it.