Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yes. China only allows a certain # of Hollywood movies each year and they share revenue.

So you're just going to ignore that post explaining the 25% cut deal Universal has with its Chinese production partners, huh? You really are so pathetic you just refuse to admit you have been wrong about this movie for a goddamn year? :ducreux:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So you're just going to ignore that post explaining the 25% cut deal Universal has with its Chinese production partners, huh? You really are so pathetic you just refuse to admit you have been wrong about this movie for a goddamn year? :ducreux:
Breh. This movie may open well in china but it will fade fast. Its gonna get destroyed stateside by conjuring and will be completely forgotten worldwide next week because of Dory.

Its this year's lone ranger/john carter. #FLOP

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh. This movie may open well in china but it will fade fast. Its gonna get destroyed stateside by conjuring and will be completely forgotten worldwide next week because of Dory.

Not to mention it's apparently completely awful.

When I see reviews compare it to battlefield earth and mention uwe boll :heh:

Not that critics are the end all be all or anything.

Maybe I'll like it when I watch it on Netflix in 6 months :yeshrug:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
"In the U.S., Warcraft will begin rolling out in theaters Thursday night before playing everywhere Friday. Tracking suggests it will lose the weekend to The Conjuring 2 and Now You See Me 2 (:bryan:), although the race with the latter could be close. Warcraft has been skewered by critics and doesn't boast any A-list movie stars.

If it opens in the low $20 million range, box-office analysts project Warcraft will top out at $75 million domestically. To break even, it will likely need to gross at least $400 million worldwide, meaning an international gross of $325 million."

@TheGodling :mjpls:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
"In the U.S., Warcraft will begin rolling out in theaters Thursday night before playing everywhere Friday. Tracking suggests it will lose the weekend to The Conjuring 2 and Now You See Me 2 (:bryan:), although the race with the latter could be close. Warcraft has been skewered by critics and doesn't boast any A-list movie stars.

If it opens in the low $20 million range, box-office analysts project Warcraft will top out at $75 million domestically. To break even, it will likely need to gross at least $400 million worldwide, meaning an international gross of $325 million."

Forgot about now you see me 2 also...:francis: terrible weekend for this flick to see the light of day

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I like your comprehensive evidence.

Not to mention it's apparently completely awful.

When I see reviews compare it to battlefield earth and mention uwe boll :heh:

Not that critics are the end all be all or anything.

Maybe I'll like it when I watch it on Netflix in 6 months :yeshrug:

Lots of critics are overreacting as a motherfukker. I'm not one of those stupid idiots who blame everything on the Mickeylluminati but critics calling it Battlefield Earth bad flat-out don't know what they're talking about, just pure click bait. There was one early review which compared the movie to those slate of 80s fantasy/adventure flicks that were kinda cheesy but took their world and characters very seriously, and that's a good comparison. As it is the biggest problem the movie suffers from is that you can clearly tell they cut over half an hour of footage (40 minutes per Duncan Jones) so the pacing is completely shot.

You keep bringing up domestic numbers as if I didn't say since day one, and have already proven time and time again, that this is going to be a different kind of beast altogether in Asia.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
$46 million opening day in China, shyt so lit motherfukkers at Forbes copping pleas already.:youngsabo:

$45.7 million in one day. $5.33m in IMAX alone. That’s how much Duncan Jones’s Warcraft earned in its first day playing in China according to the estimates. I may have to take back my comments in my review about the film spending too much time setting up sequels that were never going to happen.

Let's see how long it takes before a certain poster will change his tune as more and more self-proclaimed "experts" start jumping ship.:jbhmm:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
the conjuring and now you see me sequels are really competition for warcraft? :scust:

i find that hard to believe :francis:

the trailers really shyt on my faith in the movie though.. hopefully they were just bad trailers for a good movie :patrice::mjcry:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
few things - 1. asians love terrible shyt. 2. this is supposed to make like $25 mil in the US and 3. there's a clean copy online already. wouldn't be shocked if this being a massive American flop + early leak will change some shyt in the movie industry. i never really understood movies being released overseas way earlier, especially now with bootlegs popping up online so often. We might start seeing more BvS worldwide roll outs in the future... but who knows. the only thing I know 100% is that Asians love terrible shyt.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
$46 million opening day in China, shyt so lit motherfukkers at Forbes copping pleas already.:youngsabo:

Let's see how long it takes before a certain poster will change his tune

Terminator: Genisys is the only movie ever to top $400 million worldwide without topping $100m domestic.

It really could even lose to turtles 2nd week and come in 4th this weekend.

So history is not on your side for your adjusted hopes of 500 mil

Plus like mendelson says we don't know how frontloaded it will be but Dory says Very :umad:

Not to mention the 25% thing :umad:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
decent quality bootleg of this bullshyt is out
7.jpg