Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'll stick to my revised point that if the movie delivers quality-wise, word of mouth and longevity will carry it to a respectable box office Plus it'll be released internationally weeks before Finding Dory so it actually has more breathing room there than it does domestically.

They just dropped a new tv-spot like an hour ago or so. It seems like they finally woke up and decided to start releasing great footage to promote the movie.

@StraxStrax @FlyRy @MartyMcFly @Prodigal Syndicate

Much better trailer.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Got my tickets for May 30th! :blessed:

Press screenings have started btw so although there's an embargo, expect some word to slip through the cracks this coming week.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Checked IMDb to see if some first impressions had been posted and this shyt got a 9.0 rating on there.:mjlol:

Most of the early word though is that it's a good fantasy film, but they didn't simplify/dumb down the lore and mythology (or just not enough) so a lot of people say it's kinda hard to follow the movie in the first half because of all the who's who?'s and what's what?'s. Also, they say some of the actors are a bit off so the Orcs are actually far more convincing than the human characters.

Anyway, with every video they release (about two-three months too late) the movie does look better and better.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Warcraft on track to have F7 levels of midnight presales in China. • /r/movies

Presales are open for Warcraft, X-men Apocalypse, and Alice in China. Warcraft presales are massive considering how far out they are. Several times higher than those other two combined. Like bigger than Civil War and possibly closer to Furious 7 massive.

Yesterday presales for the midnight releases of each film was as follows

Alice - 146k

X-Men - 78k

Warcraft - 2.77M

Warcraft was up to 4.66M for the midnight showing this morning. The film is still two weeks away. Civil War's midnight presales were 4.7M when the film was 48 hours away from release.
@FlyRy :sas2:

@StraxStrax :xavier:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I just realized the other day watching a TV spot that that's Paula fukking Patton in green makeup

Hollywood rule #24: When you have a green warrior woman, you must cast a mixed woman

JFx65ZQ.jpg

8CScz57.jpg

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Some reviews are in

'Warcraft' Review: Swords, Sorcery and Stupidity Abound in Game Adaptation
Imagine “Battlefield Earth” without the verve and you get this sludgy, tedious fantasy adventure, a fun-starved dud that’s not even unintentionally hilarious
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

“Warcraft” promises, or threatens, sequels, but then so did “Super Mario Bros.” And come to think of it, if forced to watch either of these video-game movies a second time, I’d probably vote for the plumbers.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Film Review: ‘Warcraft’
The epic battle at the center of “Warcraft” isn’t the clash between humans and orcs. That’s just what takes up roughly two hours of screen time. The true conflict comes from filmmakers trying to tell a story with soul and struggling against the inherent ridiculousness of the commodity they’re working with.

Boasting more than 2,000 visual effects shots, it’s dispiriting to think about the time, energy, planning and precision that went into “Warcraft” when the final product brings to mind those animated advertisements for iPhone app games. So good at making the most outlandish elements of his first two films seem completely credible, Jones can’t find a way to get this cartoony spectacle to soar. His heartfelt approach to the material only underlines the silliness.
'Warcraft': Film Review
While the enormity of the undertaking is evident in every frame of the sci-fi medieval-ish action saga, director Duncan Jones manages, for the most part, to keep it from lumbering. With an emphasis on craft over war, the characters are front and center, and those that are partly digital creations are among its most memorable. They have heart.

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
:sean_:

Just the fact they call it worse then Battlefield Earth tells me the hyperbole train is picking up steam and bad marketing does have a bigger impact on reveiwers then I thought. Of course I haven't seen the movie but I can't simply fathom Duncan Jones going from being one of the best directors in the world to making something the same level as Battlefield Earth. That might be the biggest drop in quality in movie history.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:sean_:

Just the fact they call it worse then Battlefield Earth tells me the hyperbole train is picking up steam and bad marketing does have a bigger impact on reveiwers then I thought. Of course I haven't seen the movie but I can't simply fathom Duncan Jones going from being one of the best directors in the world to making something the same level as Battlefield Earth. That might be the biggest drop in quality in movie history.
Even Aronofsky has Noah...

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
As an avid player im most definitely gonna see this. Id probably peep it even if i wasnt into this game because the cgi looks amazing and im a fantasy freak...

For the alliance :birdman: