Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
it clearly mentions ww in my post from forbes...

but i can only seem to find domestic chart for videogame movies on box office mojo.

anyway my point still stands

I meant in general, not just Warcraft. I feel like you focus domestic gross. Maybe I'm wrong.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
it clearly mentions ww in my post from forbes...

but i can only seem to find domestic chart for videogame movies on box office mojo.

anyway my point still stands

Problem again is that you see this as a video game movie, not a fantasy movie. You know why nobody is comparing the box office gross of Road To Perdition and A History Of Violence to The Avengers or The Dark Knight? Because people get that although all four are comic book movies, they are a different beast altogether. You're really trying to compare a large scale fantasy blockbuster to a car chase movie because both are based on a video game, which is just nonsensical.

Anyway, I just got back from it and I'm afraid I can only call it "alright". It's definitely a pure fantasy movie, one unapologetically so, and a lot of the movie requires you to roll with it. Unfortunately the movie doesn't exactly make it easy for you, the plot jumps around a lot and too much happens because that's how it happened in the lore, not because it works for the story (which is far more simple than the movie ever makes it seem). This is definitely one of the rare occasions where dumbing it down a bit wouldn't have been a bad thing. It's funny because Jones does embrace some of the silliness of it all, which leads to some genuinely funny moments, but he only does so in regards to the human characters, whereas almost all of the Orc interactions are deadly serious. It feels a bit off balance, and because of this there are also a couple of moments that don't really carry the weight they should, like you realize they should be important but it doesn't really feel like it? When they take their time for it though, in the third act especially, there are a couple of truly great defining scenes where they absolutely nail the potential of the franchise.

The problem remains that the potential doesn't really manifest in this movie, leaving it a steady, decent blockbuster that is never boring but only sparingly finds it excitement. Although the movie ended with half the theater (most of them definitely Warcraft players) applauding loudly and shouting 'For the Horde!', so again, the core fanbase seemed to be pleased.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Problem again is that you see this as a video game movie, not a fantasy movie. You know why nobody is comparing the box office gross of Road To Perdition and A History Of Violence to The Avengers or The Dark Knight? Because people get that although all four are comic book movies, they are a different beast altogether. You're really trying to compare a large scale fantasy blockbuster to a car chase movie because both are based on a video game, which is just nonsensical.

Anyway, I just got back from it and I'm afraid I can only call it "alright". It's definitely a pure fantasy movie, one unapologetically so, and a lot of the movie requires you to roll with it. Unfortunately the movie doesn't exactly make it easy for you, the plot jumps around a lot and too much happens because that's how it happened in the lore, not because it works for the story (which is far more simple than the movie ever makes it seem). This is definitely one of the rare occasions where dumbing it down a bit wouldn't have been a bad thing. It's funny because Jones does embrace some of the silliness of it all, which leads to some genuinely funny moments, but he only does so in regards to the human characters, whereas almost all of the Orc interactions are deadly serious. It feels a bit off balance, and because of this there are also a couple of moments that don't really carry the weight they should, like you realize they should be important but it doesn't really feel like it? When they take their time for it though, in the third act especially, there are a couple of truly great defining scenes where they absolutely nail the potential of the franchise.

The problem remains that the potential doesn't really manifest in this movie, leaving it a steady, decent blockbuster that is never boring but only sparingly finds it excitement. Although the movie ended with half the theater (most of them definitely Warcraft players) applauding loudly and shouting 'For the Horde!', so again, the core fanbase seemed to be pleased.
you keep saying Franchise as if you are so sure there is going to be another. :sas1:

Books

Rookie
Daps
Saw it yesterday. Despite its flaws, I really enjoyed the film. Seeing all the locations and characters from the games on the big screen was awesome. With this being Jones' first time directing action, I was pleasantly surprised at how well most of the fight scenes were shot.

Really hoping the film does well so we can get more :blessed:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw it yesterday. Despite its flaws, I really enjoyed the film. Seeing all the locations and characters from the games on the big screen was awesome. With this being Jones' first time directing action, I was pleasantly surprised at how well most of the fight scenes were shot.

Really hoping the film does well so we can get more :blessed:

My audience kept marking out over the smallest shyt. Three second shot of Ironforge, whole crowd goes nuts. Lothar's party travels through the world, two second shot of some frog thingy creature, whole crowd goes nuts. And of course, when Lothar said 'For The Alliance' everyone was screaming 'For the Horde!' :deadmanny:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
My audience kept marking out over the smallest shyt. Three second shot of Ironforge, whole crowd goes nuts. Lothar's party travels through the world, two second shot of some frog thingy creature, whole crowd goes nuts. And of course, when Lothar said 'For The Alliance' everyone was screaming 'For the Horde!' :deadmanny:
:scust: damn that's fukking corny but not surprising when you look at the majority of the type of people that the game.

Books

Rookie
Daps
Mine was rather quiet, only got cheers and laughs for the Murloc and when Khadgar used polymorph on the guard. The Murloc was definitely my favourite nod to the players.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Mine was rather quiet, only got cheers and laughs for the Murloc and when Khadgar used polymorph on the guard. The Murloc was definitely my favourite nod to the players.

The polymorph scene got the biggest laugh at my showing as well, but the whole crowd was definitely hardcore Warcraft fans.