Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
June is so crowded, and it comes out along with conjuring 2 and now u see me 2 :scust: June might be the month of the flops. U got TMNT 2 :scust: out a week before and Finding Dory a week after Warcraft.

It better have a massive opening or it will probably under achieve like crazy.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
June is so crowded, and it comes out along with conjuring 2 and now u see me 2 :scust: June might be the month of the flops. U got TMNT 2 :scust: out a week before and Finding Dory a week after Warcraft.

It better have a massive opening or it will probably under achieve like crazy.

I'll stick to my revised point that if the movie delivers quality-wise, word of mouth and longevity will carry it to a respectable box office Plus it'll be released internationally weeks before Finding Dory so it actually has more breathing room there than it does domestically.

They just dropped a new tv-spot like an hour ago or so. It seems like they finally woke up and decided to start releasing great footage to promote the movie.

@StraxStrax @FlyRy @MartyMcFly @Prodigal Syndicate

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'll stick to my revised point that if the movie delivers quality-wise, word of mouth and longevity will carry it to a respectable box office Plus it'll be released internationally weeks before Finding Dory so it actually has more breathing room there than it does domestically.

They just dropped a new tv-spot like an hour ago or so. It seems like they finally woke up and decided to start releasing great footage to promote the movie.

Saw the footage on tv last night. It looks better but this will still flop and you will look like a moron predicting this would do a billion

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw the footage on tv last night. It looks better but this will still flop and you will look like a moron predicting this would do a billion

Act like I didn't already admit the shytty marketing put a billi out of reach, breh. And don't blame me for thinking a billion dollar fantasy franchise, the biggest fantasy franchise in video game history, could make a billion dollar movie franchise. That's not even half as moronic as you saying it won't hit 200 million worldwide.:mjlol:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
This will have to be the best adventure movie of all time for it to make 300 mills+ to make up for the marketing. I have no doubt this will be good movie since its Duncan Jones but I hope this does well so he can get some new IP of the ground.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Act like I didn't already admit the shytty marketing put a billi out of reach, breh. And don't blame me for thinking a billion dollar fantasy franchise, the biggest fantasy franchise in video game history, could make a billion dollar movie franchise. That's not even half as moronic as you saying it won't hit 200 million worldwide.:mjlol:
I really think it will struggle to hit 60 domestic. You compared it to edge of tomorrow, but no way it crawls to 100 domestic like that did.

We will see about international since you foreigners seem to love CGI fests:sas1:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I don't care about this flick one iota breh:yeshrug: not to say I hope it fails or anything. I want every flick to be good and I hope that fans of the game and the franchise are happy but I know I'm not seeing it

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This will have to be the best adventure movie of all time for it to make 300 mills+ to make up for the marketing. I have no doubt this will be good movie since its Duncan Jones but I hope this does well so he can get some new IP of the ground.

I think that if it turns out good you'll get the "sleeper hit" effect in the sense the quality catches people off guard so people talk more excitedly about being shocked it's good, which leads to strong word of mouth. That's pretty much how Edge Of Tomorrow drug its carcass to a respectable 350 million worldwide. If you add the growth of the Asian market in the past few years, the general higher appeal of fantasy in international markets (that's what @FlyRy probably means with his nonsensical CGI fest comment) and this franchise in particular is massive in the Asian market, it should fare better than a lot of people expect it to.

Im just clowning but if this does well i think 80%+ of the gross will come from overseas

That's kinda obvious seeing as the increased strength of the worldwide box office has become the most important trend in Hollywood in regards to blockbusters, breh. Like Vin Diesel's The Last Witch Hunter (which took 80% of its box office from the international market) grossed as much in China as it did in the US, that's pretty unprecedented shyt.

I don't care about this flick one iota breh:yeshrug: not to say I hope it fails or anything. I want every flick to be good and I hope that fans of the game and the franchise are happy but I know I'm not seeing it

We'll see if that word of mouth is going to change that eventually I guess.:sas2:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think that if it turns out good you'll get the "sleeper hit" effect in the sense the quality catches people off guard so people talk more excitedly about being shocked it's good, which leads to strong word of mouth. That's pretty much how Edge Of Tomorrow drug its carcass to a respectable 350 million worldwide. If you add the growth of the Asian market in the past few years, the general higher appeal of fantasy in international markets (that's what @FlyRy probably means with his nonsensical CGI fest comment) and this franchise in particular is massive in the Asian market, it should fare better than a lot of people expect it to.

That's kinda obvious seeing as the increased strength of the worldwide box office has become the most important trend in Hollywood in regards to blockbusters, breh. Like Vin Diesel's The Last Witch Hunter (which took 80% of its box office from the international market) grossed as much in China as it did in the US, that's pretty unprecedented shyt.

We'll see if that word of mouth is going to change that eventually I guess.:sas2:

Doubtful but I'm sure you'll try

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Im just clowning but if this does well i think 80%+ of the gross will come from overseas

I've never understood why people here (and other forums) discuss where the money is coming from. WW and adjusted for inflation is the only thing that matter in the end.