Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hollywood rule #24: When you have a green warrior woman, you must cast a mixed woman

JFx65ZQ.jpg

8CScz57.jpg
Ign /variety said its tracking to do 25 M domestic opening weekend :mjpls:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Ign /variety said its tracking to do 25 M domestic opening weekend :mjpls:

‘Warcraft’ Game With $9.3M Start In Early Offshore Openings – Intl Box Office

Legendary and Universal PicturesWarcraft is off to a game start at the international box office, with No. 1 openings in its first 11 markets. The total through Thursday is $9.3M. The adaptation of Blizzard Entertainment’s juggernaut video game franchise is bowing in a total of 20 overseas plays this frame. Notably first out of the gate were Germany, Russia and France. The strong start points to a $30M+ bow this weekend, blowing past earlier projections in the $20Ms.

Gearheads were out in force in Germany, which scored the biggest opening day of the year for the market with a 50% share and a No. 1 Thursday of $2.2M.

In Russia, the No. 1 Thursday bow was $2.8M, which marks the second-biggest opening day of 2016, behind Deadpool and ahead of Captain America: Civil War,Batman V Superman and others. It is the seventh-biggest opening day of all time and the fifth-biggest non-holiday opening day ever.

France booted up Wednesday with $983K for a No. 1 start and a total through Thursday of $1.5M.

Austria, Denmark, Egypt, Hungary, Indonesia, Lebanon, Switzerland, Thailand and the UAE are the other top spot openers. There are nine further markets to come this weekend including Norway and Sweden.

The Orc-filled adaptation stars Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster and Dominic Cooper — and also features Chinese heartthrob Daniel Wu, who was in last year’s hit Go Away Mr Tumor. He’ll act as a particular draw at Middle Kingdom turnstiles when the film gets there on June 8 in a rare pre-U.S. release.

Meanwhile, the early numbers on Warcraft are beating Disney’s sequel Alice Through The Looking Glass in certain territories. That family film will see the bulk of its business as we head to the FSS; it is playing in more than 50 offshore territories this weekend, including China which bowed today. Unofficial estimates out of the Middle Kingdom have it at a $7.3M start.

:sas1:

:sas2:

ncxWfmF.gif

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
31.6 million in 20 international markets opening #1 beating Alice in direct competition in every single market they went head-to-head, and someone still ducking this thread.

0zDKk4d.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
31.6 million in 20 international markets opening #1 beating Alice in direct competition in every single market they went head-to-head, and someone still ducking this thread.

0zDKk4d.gif
Breh this movie will be still be a flop once its all said and done

20% :scust:

:pacspit: Duncan Jones for making us wait five years for this

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Breh this movie will be still be a flop once its all said and done

20% :scust:

:pacspit: Duncan Jones for making us wait five years for this

I'm sure you and your pathetic vlogs, blogs and podcasts will run with that narrative like they have been for close to a year despite in its international opening weekend the movie made 150% more than estimated. Of course the movie will still end up somewhat of a "flop" because this is a billion dollar franchise and it won't do that, but I still vividly remember a certain somebody truly believing this wouldn't make 200 million worldwide because he has no understanding how the business works.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure you and your pathetic vlogs, blogs and podcasts will run with that narrative like they have been for close to a year despite in its international opening weekend the movie made 150% more than estimated. Of course the movie will still end up somewhat of a "flop" because this is a billion dollar franchise and it won't do that, but I still vividly remember a certain somebody truly believing this wouldn't make 200 million worldwide because he has no understanding how the business works.
This shyt will be lucky to crack 40 in the US. enough of this billion dollar shyt you keep trying to spin breh its pathetic.

only reason you're on this movies nuts so hard is because bowies son made it.

videogame movies just dont make money like that so you saying it will make a billi is way more outlandish than what i said.
the fukking angry birds movie will be top 2 or 3 highest grossing videogame movies ever domestic after next weekend in just its second week of release :heh:

per forbes "There have been just five video game movies that topped $200 million worldwide (Need for Speed, Resident Evil: Retribution,Tomb Raider, Resident Evil: Afterlife, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time). And only that last Walt Disney adventure cracked the $300m mark"

we will tally the results in the coming weeks but until then get off my and this movie's dikk

Last edited:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This shyt will be lucky to crack 40 in the US. enough of this billion dollar shyt you keep trying to spin breh its pathetic.

videogame movies just dont make money like that so you saying it will make a billi is way more outlandish than what i said.
the fukking angry birds movie will be top 2 or 3 highest grossing videogame movies ever domestic after next weekend in just its second week of release :heh:

per forbes "There have been just five video game movies that topped $200 million worldwide (Need for Speed, Resident Evil: Retribution,Tomb Raider, Resident Evil: Afterlife, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time). And only that last Walt Disney adventure cracked the $300m mark"

we will tally the results in the coming weeks but until then get off my and this movie's dikk

I don't stan Duncan Jones at all, although he has my respect for taking such a garbage ass concept and screenplay like Source Code and somehow make it work. My point is simply (and has always been) that Warcraft is one of the biggest franchises in gaming (quite possibly second biggest after GTA), in terms of its widespread worldwide fanbase it is a billion dollar franchise. That Universal fukked up the marketing is one thing, and how favorably audiences react to it is yet to be seen in the next two weeks or so, but I stand by my revised estimation of it still being able to hit 500 million in the long run.

The thing is you (again) bring up video game movies ignoring that when it comes down to it, Warcraft is primarily a fantasy movie, and according to most people who have seen it, pretty hardcore niche fantasy. The latter guarantees the movie will build a huge following regardless of its quality because fantasy lovers are die-hard loyalists. I've been telling you since day one that everyone has been failing to grasp how strong this franchise's fanbase is and how much that will help the movie at the box office. Again, the next two weeks will give a clearer picture on how mainstream audiences respond to the movie, and that will determine the movie's longevity.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

I'm not really invested in the gross like you two but can you explain to me why you keep bringing up domestic when total WW gross is the only thing that matters in the end?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not really invested in the gross like you two but can you explain to me why you keep bringing up domestic when total WW gross is the only thing that matters in the end?
it clearly mentions ww in my post from forbes...

but i can only seem to find domestic chart for videogame movies on box office mojo.

anyway my point still stands