Walking dead really died huh?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Stopped watching after the prison season with the governor
Me too. I don't remember why either but this seems to be where a lot of people jumped off. I liked that season 2. Just for some reason next season came around I was :manny:

Did they ever get into solving the crisis or the origin of it?

I remember season 1 they found that lab and I remember thinking man this show should be dangling carrots on explaining the zombies themselves and potential cures but it just kept being character driven, which is good til all the good ones are dead.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Me too. I don't remember why either but this seems to be where a lot of people jumped off. I liked that season 2. Just for some reason next season came around I was :manny:

I remember season 1 they found that lab and I remember thinking man this show should be dangling carrots on explaining the zombies themselves and potential cures but it just kept being character driven, which is good til all the good ones are dead.
shyt needed an end game. Literally wack a mole with zombies and safe locations

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I finally have to admit they make stuff up as they go. From what I’ve heard it deviates from the comic a lot.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I only watched 2 episodes the current season and haven't watched it since.

Same ol shyt

shyt needed an end game. Literally wack a mole with zombies and safe locations

I havent watched since the Governor era.

Reason I was into it initially was because I thought they'd reach a safe haven, especially by now.
That’s the problem. No progression or end game. SOA and B.B. both started up around the same time and ended 3 and 4 years ago while clearly building towards an ending. This show is still basically sitting in the same spot it’s been since 2013-14. Still nothing about the cause or the cure or the rest of the world or even about the zombies at all anymore :russell:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
fell out of love with the show when they botched the season 6 finale... haven't watched a minute of season 8 yet :yeshrug: prob will binge watch it when it wraps up if I hear it wasn't shytty overall
I stopped watching after the S6 finale.

I was already struggling and only watching it for water cooler chats.

After the Glenn fakeout and the S6 finale I tapped out.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
TWD might really be the most aimless and directionless "top tier" TV show of all time.

I half blame y'all comic fans for keeping me going with this show until season 5 or 6 (whichever one had Beth in the hospital....I stopped watching after they left).

I blame the comic heads because they kept saying it was going to get good when they introduced [insert subplot or character from the comics]

I remember being bored in early season 2...wondering was it going to get better?:francis:....the only character I liked was Shane..... but comic heads were like...

Just wait until Michonne, the katana wielding sister gets here:ufdup:

And I was like okay then bet:whoo:

Then she came, was a scowling mute for the first half of her story and it was still boring and they said...

Just wait until the Governor comes:mjpls:

I was like The Governor? :lupe:

And they was all:youngsabo:

When we leave the farm and get to the prison, it's over:ufdup:

The prison?:leon:

Then that came and went....but inbetween I also remember some "wait until you see Tyreese":salute: and he came and was chasing after white women and generally uninteresting...

So I was about to check out after season 3 or 4....

But they introduced Abe, Rosita, and Eugene, along with a cure subplot and hints of traveling to a new location...i also remember whispers that Morgan was coming back and everyone was like:krs:so I stuck around with it with the cannibals and terminus or whatever it was...

I was still only half-entertained but then I started hearing about Negan...."just wait until Negan gets here you fukking haters":sas2:

All of them comic heads were acting like it was going to be groundbreaking and fundamentally change the show....

The walking dead would forever be BN and AN.....Before Negan when shyt was sweet and After Negan:ufdup:

But I had caught on to the bullshyt game of "just wait until" that comic fans said to keep show only fans interested in boring tv.....I was like nah, I don't believe you anymore:camby:

I did end up catching the Glen fakeout episode and the Negan cliffhanger, only because everyone was shytting on it.....and then I watched the premiere of season 7 to see who died....but it didn't get me sucked back in....nope:mjgrin:....I was free :blessed:of the "must watch first episode", 7 episodes of straight:trash:and then an exciting mid-season finale:ooh:

I would pop in to read other peoples bad reviews and look at the ratings that kept falling every week:mjlol:

And what's funny, is that even when the ratings were tanking and the show was introducing trash people and other boring elements, the comic fans were STILL doing it....talking about "Just Wait until All Out War:demonic:"

:bryan:

Now the show is the worst it's ever been (according to what I'm hearing, some of my fav podcasters are bailing on even covering it)......

I heard comic fans were saying "just wait until Carl becomes a badass and the Negan and Carl dynamic kicks in" but they have to be all kinds of:patrice::mjcry: now

Just wait until this shyt is merged with Fear The Walking Dead like the Avengers:lolbron:
Step for step what happened with me too.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I half blame y'all comic fans for keeping me going with this show until season 5 or 6 (whichever one had Beth in the hospital....I stopped watching after they left).

I blame the comic heads because they kept saying it was going to get good when they introduced [insert subplot or character from the comics]

I remember being bored in early season 2...wondering was it going to get better?:francis:....the only character I liked was Shane..... but comic heads were like...

Just wait until Michonne, the katana wielding sister gets here:ufdup:

And I was like okay then bet:whoo:

Then she came, was a scowling mute for the first half of her story and it was still boring and they said...

Just wait until the Governor comes:mjpls:

I was like The Governor? :lupe:

And they was all:youngsabo:

When we leave the farm and get to the prison, it's over:ufdup:

The prison?:leon:

Then that came and went....but inbetween I also remember some "wait until you see Tyreese":salute: and he came and was chasing after white women and generally uninteresting...

So I was about to check out after season 3 or 4....

But they introduced Abe, Rosita, and Eugene, along with a cure subplot and hints of traveling to a new location...i also remember whispers that Morgan was coming back and everyone was like:krs:so I stuck around with it with the cannibals and terminus or whatever it was...

I was still only half-entertained but then I started hearing about Negan...."just wait until Negan gets here you fukking haters":sas2:

All of them comic heads were acting like it was going to be groundbreaking and fundamentally change the show....

The walking dead would forever be BN and AN.....Before Negan when shyt was sweet and After Negan:ufdup:

But I had caught on to the bullshyt game of "just wait until" that comic fans said to keep show only fans interested in boring tv.....I was like nah, I don't believe you anymore:camby:

I did end up catching the Glen fakeout episode and the Negan cliffhanger, only because everyone was shytting on it.....and then I watched the premiere of season 7 to see who died....but it didn't get me sucked back in....nope:mjgrin:....I was free :blessed:of the "must watch first episode", 7 episodes of straight:trash:and then an exciting mid-season finale:ooh:

I would pop in to read other peoples bad reviews and look at the ratings that kept falling every week:mjlol:

And what's funny, is that even when the ratings were tanking and the show was introducing trash people and other boring elements, the comic fans were STILL doing it....talking about "Just Wait until All Out War:demonic:"

:bryan:

Now the show is the worst it's ever been (according to what I'm hearing, some of my fav podcasters are bailing on even covering it)......

I heard comic fans were saying "just wait until Carl becomes a badass and the Negan and Carl dynamic kicks in" but they have to be all kinds of:patrice::mjcry: now

Just wait until this shyt is merged with Fear The Walking Dead like the Avengers:lolbron:
Yeah the show is trash now but wait until the Commonwealth shows up:troll:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
A co leader, smashing Carol and getting head from Michonne:whew: Even Comic Tyrese in a herd of zombies solo with nothing but a hammer and came out alive was done better in the comic

5be1c08585986262005df5f4c03f030e.jpg
image.jpg

TV Tyreese was :francis: especially when it came to the kids

I haven't watched the show in 3 or so years, but i was one of the originals hyping up Tyreese and the show's potential back in 2012'ish or whenever, with scans and everything showing how GOAT he was.

His character was intended as a hybrid Luke Cage/Ray Lewis breh. He was fukking Carol (who was a bit younger and not the old chick she is on the show) and Michonne; beat the snot out of Rick when Rick acted up, and was pretty much viewed as the leader for a time b/c Rick was on some unstable shyt.

I was way ahead in the comics by the time season 2 rolled around but i didn't (and don't) give a shyt if there's inaccuracy (that simply comes with the territory of adaptations), no, my biggest gripe was the amount of :mjpls::mjpls: exuding off that show.

I forget his name but my big pet peeve and rant at the time was they replaced Tyreese (who was supposed to be one of the OGs, with Rick, Shane and em) with that chubby low self-esteem black dude with some weird ass name, who we saw literally getting his ass beat by a klansman as his introduction. And then all the weird energy and "coincidental" emasculation when it came to the black folks who appeared.

So i dropped the show and came back "briefly" when i heard Tyreese finally made it in; of course they had breh have a gut and be nowhere as imposing but i was like whatever, it's cutty from the wire. But then the last straw, was the whole white girlfriend drama that led to Rick beating Tyreese's ass to a pulp

For those not hip on the comics: they took the scene where Tyreese beat Rick's ass, and they flipped it to where Rick punches Cutty's face in, basically beats him within an inch of his life.. then have Cutty beg Rick to find out who did whatever to his dead white girlfriend.. before being a sad depressed kicked puppy in the corner.
I was pretty much done after that :scust:

Daps
This is what happens in modern TV.

First couple of seasons for a show are excellent and the pacing is perfect. Then the network realizes they have a hit once they check those ratings. Next, the network tries to drag the story out and make an arc that should last 5 episodes stretch to 10. Game of Thrones is/was notorious for this by trying to pack too much into the last couple of episodes every year.

Daps
I haven't watched the show in 3 or so years, but i was one of the originals hyping up Tyreese and the show's potential back in 2012'ish or whenever, with scans and everything showing how GOAT he was.

His character was intended as a hybrid Luke Cage/Ray Lewis breh. He was fukking Carol (who was a bit younger and not the old chick she is on the show) and Michonne; beat the snot out of Rick when Rick acted up, and was pretty much viewed as the leader for a time b/c Rick was on some unstable shyt.

I was way ahead in the comics by the time season 2 rolled around but i didn't (and don't) give a shyt if there's inaccuracy (that simply comes with the territory of adaptations), no, my biggest gripe was the amount of :mjpls::mjpls: exuding off that show.

I forget his name but my big pet peeve and rant at the time was they replaced Tyreese (who was supposed to be one of the OGs, with Rick, Shane and em) with that chubby low self-esteem black dude with some weird ass name, who we saw literally getting his ass beat by a klansman as his introduction. And then all the weird energy and "coincidental" emasculation when it came to the black folks who appeared.

So i dropped the show and came back "briefly" when i heard Tyreese finally made it in; of course they had breh have a gut and be nowhere as imposing but i was like whatever, it's cutty from the wire. But then the last straw, was the whole white girlfriend drama that led to Rick beating Tyreese's ass to a pulp

For those not hip on the comics: they took the scene where Tyreese beat Rick's ass, and they flipped it to where Rick punches Cutty's face in, basically beats him within an inch of his life.. then have Cutty beg Rick to find out who did whatever to his dead white girlfriend.. before being a sad depressed kicked puppy in the corner.
I was pretty much done after that :scust:

Yep. Can't have a breh be GOAT-worthy on TV. Too many white fans would freak out if a big ol Takeo Spikes-looking Negro was taking that alpha-male status.

As for Negan...I like his character but they haven't done much to explain why he's "scary." Dude coulda been shot numerous times but people always get scared and freeze up.