Walking dead really died huh?

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
This is what happens in modern TV.

First couple of seasons for a show are excellent and the pacing is perfect. Then the network realizes they have a hit once they check those ratings. Next, the network tries to drag the story out and make an arc that should last 5 episodes stretch to 10. Game of Thrones is/was notorious for this by trying to pack too much into the last couple of episodes every year.

television politics have robbed us of so much content.

and they will continue to do so for-possibly-ever

Catz

Rookie
Daps
This is what happens in modern TV.

First couple of seasons for a show are excellent and the pacing is perfect. Then the network realizes they have a hit once they check those ratings. Next, the network tries to drag the story out and make an arc that should last 5 episodes stretch to 10. Game of Thrones is/was notorious for this by trying to pack too much into the last couple of episodes every year.

Although I do agree about GOT packing too much into the last couple of episodes (which I get because they need to tell a story and their budget is only so big), it still worked no matter how outlandish or crazy things got because like others have said there’s an endgame. Unlike with TWD it’s becoming evident that the writers don’t have a clear objective.

I’ve never read the comics but for those who have, is there better story direction in the comics? Also, is the comic series ongoing?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yep. Can't have a breh be GOAT-worthy on TV. Too many white fans would freak out if a big ol Takeo Spikes-looking Negro was taking that alpha-male status.

As for Negan...I like his character but they haven't done much to explain why he's "scary." Dude coulda been shot numerous times but people always get scared and freeze up.

I had to stop fukk'n with this show cause nobody would toss a grenade at negan rant'n outside Alexandria, again.

Then what is supposed to be killa Karl, could climb in the sewer.
Karl was just going to use to help someone else. Now you see houses exploding and Karl runs to a car of all things in the dumbest bullshyt. Like car don't explode like houses.
Which is gonna lead to Karl in the sewer with a shrapnel injury when the show kicks back up. Yo fukk this show.

Art Barr

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
In the beginning the characters where well thought out, well written, and arguably better in the show. Fast forward, and characters that were memorable in the comics were shyt on the show, and the characters we thought were better on the show took a nosedive in the "i care for this character" ranking.

These Characters are A THOUSAND times better, and have more importance in the comics, no questions.

Governor
Negan
Carl
Tyreese
Andrea
Abraham
Jesus
Ezekiel

These characters are tied with the show, or a little bit better in the comics

Dayle (probably would've been better on the show if Darabont stayed)
Maggie
Lori
Rosita
Heath
Dwight (some may argue he's A Thousand times better in the comics)
Aaron
*Morgan (would have easily put him on the better in the show list, but he's become a non-role player imo. Actor is great, despite his character not doing much as of late.

And these characters are better in the show

Rick (Some may argue this)
Michonne (Some may argue this)
Shane (Thousand times better in the show)
Father Gabriel
Eugene (Show has way more fukkery with him)
Carol (Thousand times better in the show)
Glen (Only a little bit better in the show, some may argue this)
Hershel (Thousand times better in the show, tho he basically took Dayle's role)

I'm sure i'm missing some characters.

Of course plot/storylines, story arcs, pacing, dialogue etc is VERY important, but one thing these recent seasons proved to me is "A show could only be as good as it's characters, and how well they're developed."

i don't care if most of these characters die. Especially all these new nikkas. from the last 2 seasons or so.

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I love Walking Dead but fatigue has set in with me.. Im going to miss it when it gets taken out back into the woods soon :mjcry:

Lassie:mjcry:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Still liked the show beyond but Eugene simply being a fukkin liar kinda killed it for me... Z Nation is a better show at this point.. fukk what you think or talkin about.. :manny:

Seems like Walking Dead is trying too hard or is taking itself too seriously now..

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I figured out it was bs tuning in each week, so I said I would just binge watch... never picked it back up. I’ve seen Rick nem suffer enough.
Exactly. They need a mercy killing or something. I stopped watching after finding out that fat fukk lied about a cure. No need to watch them scrambling around if there really is no hope

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I stopped watching after they killed The Governer off. I was never really a fan of the show but I wanted to see the hot show but it felt like the same thing happened and I felt jerked around by the fans swearing just wait for "the governer" then it became "just wait for Negan". I also just noticed that most of the fandom seems to either be easily impressed or continue watching a show they don't like seven seasons deep off of potential. I heard Carl died so I went to youtube yesterday to see it I also watched this reaction video

"It's not fair"
"Please tell me there's a cure"

:stopitslime:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Still liked the show beyond but Eugene simply being a fukkin liar kinda killed it for me... Z Nation is a better show at this point.. fukk what you think or talkin about.. :manny:

Seems like Walking Dead is trying too hard or is taking itself too seriously now..

Z nation shyts all on the walking dead and I had been telling people this for three seasons, now.
General warren > Maggie, Rick, madison
10k > all the walking dead cast
Z nation auxilliary dead warriors > walking dead black men characters.

Addie > all the walking dead women and men
Doc > Herschel

Z nation villains > walking dead some motherfukker on the countryside villain rogue gallery

fukk the walking dead

Art Barr