Wale is pulling out the Broccoli City Festival in DC cuz he ain't Headlining

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
yup. Consistent with the music and he killing it low key with the merch. Dude built up a solid fan base these past couple of years and he has good records to hold down a set at these shows

Larry be making that cruising around the city under the twilight sun inna all-black 1993 Benz 300 E-class while rocking coke white forces with an organic orange smoothie in one hand and the other on the steering wheel type of music :blessed:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
My thoughts and my wife said this about Wale not too long.. we live in the DC area.

Let me say..Im not really a Wale fan, but I respect him to the fullest to even make it out DC to nationwide audiences. Its really a shame that DC dont get behind their artists. Its always some hating ass shyt here. Its trash rappers that come from other cities, but the city gets behind them.

Wale is not a headlining artist ,but looking at that lineup, why cantbhe be in his hometown? This area is ungrateful and non supportive of their own.

Wale should be a headlining artist over 21 fukking Savage & Lil Durk.

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Rap is like wrestling it seems. You gotta have the “gimmick” or the personality to really make it. The “good songs” that people like, are made thru gimmicks. Wale is pretty much what would happen if Glen Jacobs never got the Kane gimmick. Or if Stone Cold just stayed the Ringmaster. Just another wrestler that’s just there

Which is ironic considering how much of a WWE fan Wale is lol

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
When was Jeezy last hit??
You think Wale when you hear DMV/DC not Ari Lennox.
21 Savage is a feature on other artists notable songs.
So people wouldn't go to the show if Wale was the headliner with the same artist lineup???

I think the last major joint he had was RIP but that was a good 7 whole years ago

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
As a legacy artist in his own hometown (first solo act to blow up from there) he should’ve headlined and I’m not even a huge Wale fan. He easily has more solo hits than the three above him and I love Ari. But part of his problem is his attitude and all the bridges he has burned directly and indirectly in the past 10+ years.

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Whole time DC don’t even rock with dude like that moe and I’m almost certain he ain’t even from the city. I’m going off of what my uptown kinfolk sayin tho

He bounced back n forth between Uptown and MoCo a lot when he was growing up (he used to chill here in PG a lot back then too) but even us MD folks consider him more of a Mo County dude.