Wale is pulling out the Broccoli City Festival in DC cuz he ain't Headlining

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Nah, slim went to Springbrook he from Silver Spring like shyt. And not downtown SS neither so he gettin sparked off break…:russ:

Never listened to his music..he suppose to be on some street shyt?

I got a bunch of good homies that went to springbrook tho:obama:

I think Phil went there too, I know Dave east did

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Mo County aight you’ll meet some good people. But most people here that’s on some shyt tryna get out lol.

I have no idea about Logic music cuz I don’t listen to his music either. Yeah I’m hip tho Dave East went to Springbrook too. I went to Blair (Steve Francis/Dominique Dawes) which is Springbrook’s rival school. If you was at SB you basically all the way suburban whereas Blair is where the urbanized part of Silver Spring is by the DC border.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
He gives off loser energy hopefully he finds peace with whatever he’s trying to do.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Him and Meek are two rappers I've seen and heard a lot about for like 10 yrs. Couldn't name more than two songs by Meek, can't name any by Wale. Most of what I've gathered from Wale is he seems to think he's bigger than what he actually is.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The DMV is a super provincial place where everybody try to tell you where or where you not from when they are even more delusional and confused about where they even from.:gucci: People from Mo County and Northern VA tell everybody they from DC when they never had an address within the city lines of the District before they were 18 years old. :what:And if they are from DC, they are a super cac or cacminded Afric00n or Spanish person from some mayonnaise ass place in Northwest that is an extension of Bethesda. :unimpressed:

Wale put DC on the map. He came up in the Go Go music scene in DC for God’s sake and actually lived in DC when it was the murder capital. :whoa:Although crime is rising today in DC, the gentrified cac colonized DC of today can’t hold a candle to the DC of the 80’s and early 90’s. :usure:

You never hear people from Oakland saying Pac, Spice 1 or Too $hort ain’t from there... and none of them were born and raised in Oakland. You don’t hear people from Compton saying Serena Williams ain’t from there even though she moved away as a kid. You don’t hear people saying Gang Starr wasn’t from Brooklyn or Kurupt not from L.A. Not to mention the countless rappers who claim Atlanta over the past 20+ years who ain’t born and raised in the A.

DC just a hater city. Anybody who hasn’t lived in DC or PG every second of they life, not “from” there and is a “bama”. :troll:When nobody outside of the DC metro area claim DC anyway. :comeon:DC ain’t like NYC, Cali or ATL where people move there and try to claim it.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
The DMV is a super provincial place where everybody try to tell you where or where you not from when they are even more delusional and confused about where they even from.:gucci: People from Mo County and Northern VA tell everybody they from DC when they never had an address within the city lines of the District before they were 18 years old. :what:And if they are from DC, they are a super cac or cacminded Afric00n or Spanish person from some mayonnaise ass place in Northwest that is an extension of Bethesda. :unimpressed:

Wale put DC on the map. He came up in the Go Go music scene in DC for God’s sake and actually lived in DC when it was the murder capital. :whoa:Although crime is rising today in DC, the gentrified cac colonized DC of today can’t hold a candle to the DC of the 80’s and early 90’s. :usure:

You never hear people from Oakland saying Pac, Spice 1 or Too $hort ain’t from there... and none of them were born and raised in Oakland. You don’t hear people from Compton saying Serena Williams ain’t from there even though she moved away as a kid. You don’t hear people saying Gang Starr wasn’t from Brooklyn or Kurupt not from L.A. Not to mention the countless rappers who claim Atlanta over the past 20+ years who ain’t born and raised in the A.

DC just a hater city. Anybody who hasn’t lived in DC or PG every second of they life, not “from” there and is a “bama”. :troll:When nobody outside of the DC metro area claim DC anyway. :comeon:DC ain’t like NYC, Cali or ATL where people move there and try to claim it.

100% on goddamn point.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Mo County aight you’ll meet some good people. But most people here that’s on some shyt tryna get out lol.

I have no idea about Logic music cuz I don’t listen to his music either. Yeah I’m hip tho Dave East went to Springbrook too. I went to Blair (Steve Francis/Dominique Dawes) which is Springbrook’s rival school. If you was at SB you basically all the way suburban whereas Blair is where the urbanized part of Silver Spring is by the DC border.

Lol nikka I went to Blair too, the 8 is one of my stomping grounds..I see what you sayin tho fr, but tbh it’s really not that much of a difference they damn near a couple miles from each other. SB just did a far better job maintaining there bball and fb program lol..

But naw I’ve spent a equal amount of in Moco PG DC thru my life so my perspective on shyt is just different plus I got family all over the map…at the end of the day real recognize real…the local politics tho has always been ridiculous and goofy, it’s to many simpletons out here with no knowledge on the game..I will say it ain’t as bad as it use to be with gentrification and people in general spreading out more in the area..but still there is no reason the area shouldn’t have a thriving local scene that’s not relying on c/s from the outside..even the GoGo scene ain’t nowhere what it use to be..

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Not a lie told. And that’s all with having incredibly soft borders as an area.

Lol nikka I went to Blair too, the 8 is one of my stomping grounds..I see what you sayin tho fr, but tbh it’s really not that much of a difference they damn near a couple miles from each other. SB just did a far better job maintaining there bball and fb program lol..

But naw I’ve spent a equal amount of in Moco PG DC thru my life so my perspective on shyt is just different plus I got family all over the map…at the end of the day real recognize real…the local politics tho has always been ridiculous and goofy, it’s to many simpletons out here with no knowledge on the game..I will say it ain’t as bad as it use to be with gentrification and people in general spreading out more in the area..but still there is no reason the area shouldn’t have a thriving local scene that’s not relying on c/s from the outside..even the GoGo scene ain’t nowhere what it use to be..

Lol, a fellow Blazer :skip: :russ:

I guess it’s different cuz I spent a lot of my life in downtown Silver Spring so it felt much different than the rest of Silver Spring. Almost a mini version of how DC feels about everyone not named DC. But overall you’re right, the area is mostly the same and there are perks with every section.

As bad as it’s been in terms of hatin ass energy I think that won’t be able to stop the growing underground scene. It’s a matter of time before things accelerate. Right now, it’s typical DC politics but with a Rap angle to it. But gatekeepers are meant to be sidestepped.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

Logic? Nahhhhh lol. When he’s not talking about some tragic mulatto shyt in his material, dude can actually rap his ass off and got a pretty big following, especially amongst backpackers, nerds, gamers, and suburban college students. Both him and Mac Miller were pretty tight back in the day too.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

I was Sherwood High and all we got is Scott Van Pelt and the dude with his tongue cut out on People Under the Stairs movie (and the Aaron Burr milk commercial)