Wale is pulling out the Broccoli City Festival in DC cuz he ain't Headlining

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a lie told. And that’s all with having incredibly soft borders as an area.

Lol, a fellow Blazer :skip: :russ:

I guess it’s different cuz I spent a lot of my life in downtown Silver Spring so it felt much different than the rest of Silver Spring. Almost a mini version of how DC feels about everyone not named DC. But overall you’re right, the area is mostly the same and there are perks with every section.

As bad as it’s been in terms of hatin ass energy I think that won’t be able to stop the growing underground scene. It’s a matter of time before things accelerate. Right now, it’s typical DC politics but with a Rap angle to it. But gatekeepers are meant to be sidestepped.

Nah, there definitely is a difference between downtown Silver Spring and right over the line in DC. Downtown Silver Spring like little Ethiopia. Downtown Silver Spring mostly Ethiopians and “professionals” aka indoctrinated white collar zombies of the non-black persuasion milling about usually commuting from their jobs that allow them zero time for a personal life or sense of personhood, period. MoCo is stupid hella heavy on the :mjpls: vibes. That’s the reason why 90% of ados in the DC area live east of about 14th St in DC. :usure: Even upper middle class black folks who could afford to live in MoCo choose not to because of that. The only places in MoCo that have a significant ados pop is in places like Burtonsville and Briggs Chaney because they right on the line with PG County close to outer PG spots like Laurel.
G-Burg and Montgomery Village have a slight ados pop as well.

Once you cross the line into the District on Georgia Ave, a few blocks in, once you venture off the main strip, you definitely sense that you in the hood forreal, even with all the gentrification. Nowhere in Silver Spring turf’d out like that. :childplease:Once you in DC past Silver Spring on Georgia. you start seeing hella grimey looking hood nikkas posted up on corners and everything. I remember like ten years ago, seeing a nikka with dreads and a fresh white tee and some fresh Nikes laid out on his back on the sidewalk on Georgia Ave in DC a few blocks in at like 11 in the morning. :sadcam:He looked like one of them Uptown hustler dudes. Nobody had seen it yet. He was probably dead. :lupe: I might be from the Bay, but I played DC for years, potna. :myman:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The reaction to this on Twitter is completely different on IG (click on the comments):

Granted, DC nikkas in particular be acting funny towards Wale but much of the DMV generally still fukks with dude from a legacy standpoint. And regardless of our inner politics, since Broccoli City was originally created by us, it would’ve been more fitting for a hometown superstar to headline our own shyt.

Imagine if in ATL for example, the annual Atlanta Hip Hop Day Festival is headlined by an OTer instead of an ATL-based artist (be it a hot new artist, a current king of the city, or a veteran). Granted, ATL nikkas prolly ain’t as culturally insular as we are up here so they prolly don’t trip much about that but I'm sure it’s some that might.

Out of towners have headlined big shows here in Atlanta numerous times…

birthday bash
Car & bike show
For sisters only
Etc

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
This is why networking and showing love so important, nikkas will help you stay relevant when you cant do it alone.

When he was popping he was on sum get mine shyt, now the tables turnt and he mad nikkas aint helping him get his

TaxCollector13459

Daps
Never listened to his music..he suppose to be on some street shyt?

I got a bunch of good homies that went to springbrook tho:obama:

I think Phil went there too, I know Dave east did

He got one decent song that keanu reeves shyt and he had beef with joyner lucas.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Nah, there definitely is a difference between downtown Silver Spring and right over the line in DC. Downtown Silver Spring like little Ethiopia. Downtown Silver Spring mostly Ethiopians and “professionals” aka indoctrinated white collar zombies of the non-black persuasion milling about usually commuting from their jobs that allow them zero time for a personal life or sense of personhood, period. MoCo is stupid hella heavy on the :mjpls: vibes. That’s the reason why 90% of ados in the DC area live east of about 14th St in DC. :usure: Even upper middle class black folks who could afford to live in MoCo choose not to because of that. The only places in MoCo that have a significant ados pop is in places like Burtonsville and Briggs Chaney because they right on the line with PG County close to outer PG spots like Laurel.
G-Burg and Montgomery Village have a slight ados pop as well.

Once you cross the line into the District on Georgia Ave, a few blocks in, once you venture off the main strip, you definitely sense that you in the hood forreal, even with all the gentrification. Nowhere in Silver Spring turf’d out like that. :childplease:Once you in DC past Silver Spring on Georgia. you start seeing hella grimey looking hood nikkas posted up on corners and everything. I remember like ten years ago, seeing a nikka with dreads and a fresh white tee and some fresh Nikes laid out on his back on the sidewalk on Georgia Ave in DC a few blocks in at like 11 in the morning. :sadcam:He looked like one of them Uptown hustler dudes. Nobody had seen it yet. He was probably dead. :lupe: I might be from the Bay, but I played DC for years, potna. :myman:

Larry June from the SFC as well and he stays showing the DMV mad love too, even said in a song that he frequents The Camelot when he’s in town lmao. You should hit up Broccoli City to catch breh in action, slim nice like that forreal. Ayy Ayy Ayy Ayye :myman:

TaxCollector13459

Daps
While them nikkas suck, they popular af right now. That said, Wale should always headline over Ari Lennox

Bra aint got no motion rn. But he still a name he could throw behind sumone.

Either that or change lanes.

Shyt look at flo-rida. He gave nikkas looking for a 2nd chance the blueprint, but it would take nikkas stepping out their comfort zone
:yeshrug: