Wait so you telling me Cap3 did a billion + in about a 17 days... but other inferior franchises.....

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
People gonna be mad but I'm looking at the bigger picture. Age of Ultron made less than Avengers. Civil War is making less than Age of Ultron. It's a slow decline but a decline is there. People can talk about "it still made a billion" all they want but look at the trends.

This was a movie (Civil War) that I enjoyed very much. Most people I know liked it. It received an A cinemascore. It's 89% on RT. It had the hype. It had the marketing. It had Black Panther. It had Spider-Man. But this is the best they could do.

It also had the least amount of theaters too so that means less exposure to a degree.

Think about it;

A1 had 4349
A2 had 4279
Cap3 had 4226

Those 53 to 123 theaters make a nice difference... Lets not pretend that. The only way Cap 3 ISNT supposed to surpass that is if the other ones didnt sale well, which quite obviously they did.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
People gonna be mad but I'm looking at the bigger picture. Age of Ultron made less than Avengers. Civil War is making less than Age of Ultron. It's a slow decline but a decline is there. People can talk about "it still made a billion" all they want but look at the trends.

This was a movie (Civil War) that I enjoyed very much. Most people I know liked it. It received an A cinemascore. It's 89% on RT. It had the hype. It had the marketing. It had Black Panther. It had Spider-Man. But this is the best they could do.
If Infinity War doesn't make as much as Ultron, I would agree that the genre has peaked. It was bound to happen, most people know what these movies have to offer now, so I don't see where the audience growth is going to come from....at least domestically. But the genre's floor is still higher than the ceilings of most films. It's going to be really interesting looking at the box office numbers for phase 4.

I'm also wondering what the next trend will be.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
That's not till 2018. Who knows what the public is gonna react by then.

You definitelyon to something. Hopefully the Batfleck films and the WW film and the Harley Quinn films leave a great mark for the superhero genre before it totally collapses.

That's my point. We won't really know if the genre has peaked until that Avengers movie hits. It's what the MCU has been building towards. If it doesn't smash Ultron and the first Avengers then it will be safe to say we've reached our peak. It's too early to call it now with that movie still looming.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If Infinity War doesn't make as much as Ultron, I would agree that the genre has peaked. It was bound to happen, most people know what these movies have to offer now, so I don't see where the audience growth is going to come from....at least domestically. But the genre's floor is still higher than the ceilings of most films. It's going to be really interesting looking at the box office numbers for phase 4.

I think a big deciding factor will be how many screens.... say if this shyt drops on 4300+ screens then yes it it should do a billion and anything less will be kinda bad..... but if it drops on say 4100 screens and doesnt.... cant really say too much cuz they fighting uphill. However if they exceed it.... then thats remarkable.... and that aint no double talk.... its simple math

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think a big deciding factor will be how many screens.... say if this shyt drops on 4300+ screens then yes it it should do a billion and anything less will be kinda bad..... but if it drops on say 4100 screens and doesnt.... cant really say too much cuz they fighting uphill. However if they exceed it.... then thats remarkable.... and that aint no double talk.... its simple math
Yeah that is what made Deadpool's success so remarkable. They only had 3800 screens, compared to something like BvS having 4200, yet it still made so much domestically.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Listen you fukking morons. This is the third weekend for Civil War. It's going to drop 55%. Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 both dropped 50% in their third weekends and they were both against stiffer competition.

You nikkas need to take a look at the number before you talk nonsense :mjlol:

Civil War has better audience reactions and a much better critical reception than either IM3 or AoU and yet it can't do more than those films? Plus tickets are more expensive now than they were when IM3 came out AND overseas has grown since IM3 came out.

Dummies :mjlol:

@Tasha And

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not for nothing tho..... but on a 15 day domestic comparison

BvS did $279,322,143

Cap3 did $322,983,153

Commit dat!

giphy.gif
i dont know how anybody at DC at the top still has a job. how do you have the most recognizable comic hero properties and get bodied in america :mjlol:

this is akin to blowing a wide open layup or fumbling the ball before the endzone with the closest defender 20 yards away

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Listen you fukking morons. This is the third weekend for Civil War. It's going to drop 55%. Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 both dropped 50% in their third weekends and they were both against stiffer competition.

Civil War has better audience reactions and a much better critical reception than either IM3 or AoU and yet it can't do more than those films? Plus tickets are more expensive now than they were when IM3 came out AND overseas has grown since IM3 came out.

@Tasha And
Why y'all care?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Btw, I'm :mjlol:@ the people in here now trying to move the goal posts to find a way to win. "Well if BvS can't win, then the super hero genre ain't winning either":pacspit:, desperately wanting to push the idea that audiences of tired of the movies even though Deadpool and Cap smashed at the box office and won audiences over critically.

When did I mention anything about DC? I watch all of these movies. I saw BvS first weekend. I saw Civil War first weekend. :dahell:

It's nikkas like you who continue to push this fake stan war. Unless you work for either studio the fukk you care if one profits more than another? :childplease:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Btw, I'm :mjlol:@ the people in here now trying to move the goal posts to find a way to win. "Well if BvS can't win, then the super hero genre ain't winning either":pacspit:, desperately wanting to push the idea that audiences of tired of the movies even though Deadpool and Cap smashed at the box office and won audiences over critically.
i dont even pay attention anymore. the goalposts are being moved literally every other post. a little while ago they were arguing about how hard it is to reach a billion, now they are trying to dismiss reaching a billion and saying its a sign that the genre has peaked :mjlol:

luckily its only a couple that are still delusional. most it seems have come to terms with reality

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

@Tasha And
What are you even arguing? :why:

Like seriously, you sound delusional.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
When did I mention anything about DC? I watch all of these movies. I saw BvS first weekend. I saw Civil War first weekend. :dahell:

It's nikkas like you who continue to push this fake stan war. Unless you work for either studio the fukk you care if one profits more than another? :childplease:

:mjlol: