Wait so you telling me Cap3 did a billion + in about a 17 days... but other inferior franchises.....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If hitting $1 billion slowly is worrisome the rest of Hollywood must be fukking terrified.

Fred.

The rest of Hollywood is terrified. The Nice Guys just bombed. Over 90% on RT and nobody went to see that shyt. It reportedly had a budget of over $50M and that's without including advertising. Midlevel movies are dead and you should also be concerned because the more this happens, the less we will see of original content..

Not Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
How many screens was BvS on this weekend? :jbhmm:

Doesnt matter, aint Marvels fault DC waved the white flag and put the bench players in in the 4th!:lolbron:

You did low key shyt on them..... DC and DC stans over there now like

giphy.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't even know what the fukk you guys are arguing about any more.

The comic movie genre ain't going anywhere. No time soon. If you need proof, we went from "will these movies even be successful?" to "look at how slowly they're hitting $1 billion".

If hitting $1 billion slowly is worrisome the rest of Hollywood must be fukking terrified.

Fred.
:wow:

at this point he's literally comparing marvel to itself and tying to downplay it while feigning objectivity

he's saying the 91 bulls won the finals in 5 games but the 92 bulls took 6, they are falling off :mjlol:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Calling people dummy is what I do. Nothing personal. Sure, I saw your point but I disagree. Civil War has a much higher critical reception and audience reception to both IM3 and Age of Ultron but it's failed to show growth in the overall product. Now, I'm not saying $1.1 billion is a bad number. A bunch of people bringing up BvS because it 'only' did $875M in that ballpark, I am not sure I'd call that a "bad" number either. But do I think we have seen the peak of the comic book genre? Yes. Better received movies are now making less money while tickets are pricier and there's more screens overseas than ever before.

That's my point, you can disagree if you like and add more to your thought but I feel it's safe to say that now. :manny:

I don't think a Captain America movie, even with a big airport battle scene of characters, is the film you call it on. I think that's an in the moment, lack of foresight, with Infinity War looming. That is the film that is supposed to break the records. That is the one the films keep building towards. It's the one that will open in the most theaters. It's the one with the brand name. It's the one being filmed specifically for Imax (while only one scene was filmed for Imax in Cap 3). It's the one that Disney will feel disappointment in if it doesn't soar past the last Avenger movies.

I can see why you would think the peak has been reached, I'm not convinced that the peak hasn't been reached, but I still think it's too early to call it when Marvel is about to throw everything at the screen, not for a single scene, but for an entire movie.

I said earlier that I'm not sure where domestic growth will come from, so I might already agree with you that domestic numbers have peaked. 623m was crazy. But the international market is one I definitely can't say has reached it's peak.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:wow:

at this point he's literally comparing marvel to itself and tying to downplay it while feigning objectivity

he's saying the 91 bulls won the finals in 5 games but the 92 bulls took 6, they are falling off :mjlol:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BREEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I LEGITIMATELY JUST LOST IT LAUGHING AT THIS POST!!!! BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA GOTDAMNNNNNN!!!!!:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

fukk MAN!!!!! I'm done in this thread for tonight........ I cant even top this shyt myself!!!!!!!:mjlol:

GOTDAMMIT!!!!:russ:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
You guys think the government is gonna do something about Disney? nikkas have a monopoly on making insane amount of money :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I said earlier that I'm not sure where domestic growth will come from, so I might already agree with you that domestic numbers have peaked. 623m was crazy. But the international market is one I definitely can't say has reached it's peak.

With the critical reception/audience reception marketing ties and Spider-Man/Black Panther inclusion most expected this to beat out Age of Ultron. That's why most of the analysts were predicting $200M plus for the opening weekend. It didn't reach that mark and now it's having higher weekend drop offs than Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 so it's not like my theory came out of thin air. It's in the numbers.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BREEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I LEGITIMATELY JUST LOST IT LAUGHING AT THIS POST!!!! BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA GOTDAMNNNNNN!!!!!:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

fukk MAN!!!!! I'm done in this thread for tonight........ I cant even top this shyt myself!!!!!!!:mjlol:

GOTDAMMIT!!!!:russ:
The battles used to be exhilarating but I didn't realize that once the movie they were championing for years disappointed so massively and then was bested by multiple Disney films what would be the result.

They've scattered, some underground, some still trying to cope, and some continuing to fight like the confederate soldiers who were late in finding out the civil war (don't even ask me how :wow: ) was over.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The battles used to be exhilarating but I didn't realize that once the movie they were championing for years disappointed so massively and then was bested by multiple Disney films what would be the result.

They've scattered, some underground, some still trying to cope, and some continuing to fight like the confederate soldiers who were late in finding out the civil war (don't even ask me how :wow: ) was over.

giphy.gif

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
With the critical reception/audience reception marketing ties and Spider-Man/Black Panther inclusion most expected this to beat out Age of Ultron. That's why most of the analysts were predicting $200M plus for the opening weekend. It didn't reach that mark and now it's having higher weekend drop offs than Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 so it's not like y theory came out of thin air. It's in the numbers.
I think you're putting too much stock in pre-release tracking. It's been discussed for awhile now that the pre-sale tracking for blockbuster films aren't as accurate as they used to be.

The Pre-Release Tracking Is Usually Wrong: A Recent History of Misleading Box Office Projections

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is projected to post a strong, but possibly not strong enough opening weekend (between $100m-$140m) when it debuts in three weeks, but that information is coming from the same tracking agencies who were absolutely wrong about Deadpool. So why are we paying attention to this?

Before you answer that, let’s take a moment to look back at how often the projections have led us astray in recent years. The following is a list of some of the more notorious projections vs. actual opening weekends for big movies since 2013. In the interest of fairness I included some instances where the projections were fairly spot-on. After the list, I’ve included an explanation of where exactly these estimates come from in the first place, and why there have been so many big misses recently.

The Pre-Release Tracking Is Usually Wrong: A Recent History of Misleading Box Office Projections

But besides that, Marvel is going to have a Spiderman solo and Black Panther solo and a Guardians sequel to spearhead the hype going into the Avengers film, that will be Avengers in name and marketing. Again, it feels shortsighted to zero in on Cap3, when the biggest movie Marvel has ever made is 2 years away.

It might have peaked, but I feel like you're calling the game in the 3rd quarter when the gap is only 11 points. We're not in crunch time yet.