VP Harris & Treas. Sec. pledge support to Black businesses(with transcript of meeting)

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Which one of y'all is gonna answer the question? I can bring up countless videos of Democrats telling Black Americans that need to share with immigrants...show me where Dems told immigrants they need to share with us.
I think you missed my point. I don’t disagree with wanting specific Black policies. However, we live in a system that is highly racist against Black people. This means that we have to be extremely strategic in how we enact these policies. The article I linked about the CARES Act in Oregon is an example of this. Oregon Democrats were trying to give their Black residents and Black Business $62 Million out of the $1.4 Billion the state received from the CARES Act. The anti Black racist hate Black people so much that they stopped the state from spending any of the money by suing. All because a small portion was going to go to Black people.

This Oregon case is extremely important, because it could set the precedent on if a policy can specifically state it is for a singular race. The courts is one of the main reasons I voted for Biden even though I despise him. Trump and Senate Republicans have flooded the federal courts with racist/extremist right wing judges. Trump was able to appoint around 200 extreme judges in the lower courts and 3 extreme Supreme Court justices. So if cases like this go to a Trump appointed judge, it is less likely they will rule in our favor. Not to mention conservatives now have a 6 to 3 majority in the Supreme Court.

So this was my long winded way in saying policies are going have to be written creatively if Black people are going to get specific tangible benefits from it. I’m not a big fan of Biden or Kamala, but this proposal can potentially help a lot of Black business owners even if the proposal isn’t exclusively for Black people. It is ok to support this and still push for reparations.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I think you missed my point. I don’t disagree with wanting specific Black policies. However, we live in a system that is highly racist against Black people. This means that we have to be extremely strategic in how we enact these policies. The article I linked about the CARES Act in Oregon is an example of this. Oregon Democrats were trying to give their Black residents and Black Business $62 Million out of the $1.4 Billion the state received from the CARES Act. The anti Black racist hate Black people so much that they stopped the state from spending any of the money by suing. All because a small portion was going to go to Black people.

This Oregon case is extremely important, because it could set the precedent on if a policy can specifically state it is for a singular race. The courts is one of the main reasons I voted for Biden even though I despise him. Trump and Senate Republicans have flooded the federal courts with racist/extremist right wing judges. Trump was able to appoint around 200 extreme judges in the lower courts and 3 extreme Supreme Court justices. So if cases like this go to a Trump appointed judge, it is less likely they will rule in our favor. Not to mention conservatives now have a 6 to 3 majority in the Supreme Court.

So this was my long winded way in saying policies are going have to be written creatively if Black people are going to get specific tangible benefits from it. I’m not a big fan of Biden or Kamala, but this proposal can potentially help a lot of Black business owners even if the proposal isn’t exclusively for Black people. It is ok to support this and still push for reparations.

No, I didn't miss your point. The US Government does whatever it wants to do and if it wanted to push through reparations it would and no one could stop it. Native Americans got specific resources, White Americans got specific resources, Japanese got specific resources, Jewish got specific resources but somehow this country is too racist to pony up resources for African Americans? That's bullshyt. All you're trying to do is intellectualize and rationalize not getting nothing. You can nip all the race talk in the bud by saying WE ARE GIVING REPARATIONS TO DESCENDANTS OF AMERICAN SLAVES who have ancestors here back "X" date and have identified as belonging to this group within the last 10 years on the census.

Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States
Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States | The White House

Memorandum on Advancing the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Persons Around the World
Memorandum on Advancing the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Persons Around the World | The White House

Executive Order on Creating a Comprehensive Regional Framework to Address the Causes of Migration, to Manage Migration Throughout North and Central America, and to Provide Safe and Orderly Processing of Asylum Seekers at the United States Border
Executive Order on Creating a Comprehensive Regional Framework to Address the Causes of Migration, to Manage Migration Throughout North and Central America, and to Provide Safe and Orderly Processing of Asylum Seekers at the United States Border | The White House

Executive Order on Restoring Faith in Our Legal Immigration Systems and Strengthening Integration and Inclusion Efforts for New Americans
Executive Order on Restoring Faith in Our Legal Immigration Systems and Strengthening Integration and Inclusion Efforts for New Americans | The White House

Executive Order on the Establishment of Interagency Task Force on the Reunification of Families
Executive Order on the Establishment of Interagency Task Force on the Reunification of Families | The White House

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You keep ducking the question but that's because you know that Democrats don't tell other groups that they have to share with African Americans.

California announces $125 million fund for undocumented immigrants impacted by coronavirus

California announces $125 million fund for undocumented immigrants impacted by coronavirus

I couldn't click the link but in the blurb that you posted it says Low income Health Fund Which means anyone Including poor Black people can benefit.

I guess it comes down to do you believe in america as a concept? You suggest to any ADOS advocate to leave america and that sounds crazy to them.

Not only to they deserve to be here (after being forced to come) or migrating on their own with Mansa Musa's Uncle. but they believe that at the end of the day america gives ADOS the best deal.

If that is what you believe then why do you believe that the US government would violate their own laws to give money to migrants just to spite ADOS? I mean y'all believe that racist ass america gives grants to Nigerians but not ADOS. I mean if you believe that what's in america for you?

If you haven't noticed I always lower case america and the united states.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
This article says:

So basically they couldn't get the stimulus checks that everyone else has gotten from the federal gov? So the Cali gov gave them state stimulus checks?

That wasn't to give them some type of special payment. It was just to ensure that they got what everybody else got. :yeshrug:
Thanks for the clarification.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
They're not supposed to fukking be here so of course they wouldn't get a stimulus check.
You want to pay an extra 200 dollars everytime you go to the grocery store?

Do you eat strawberries? They are very good for you but mexicans call it the devil's fruit because you have to bend over all day picking it.

So even though they're not supposed to be here they are supposed to be here. That high school team that got in trouble for being called the cotton pickers? They weren't talking about ADOS dudes picking cotton that was mexican cotton pickers. When I was in Tunica MS there were no Black cotton pickers there were machines but they were operated by you guessed it mexicans.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
minority is keyword for community bucket benefits which will be proportionally distributed as such
tier 1: white feminists, white homosexuals,
tier 2: asians/latinos
tier 3: blacks
It's not likely to change in your grandchildren's lifetimes

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
No, I didn't miss your point. The US Government does whatever it wants to do and if it wanted to push through reparations it would and no one could stop it. Native Americans got specific resources, White Americans got specific resources, Japanese got specific resources, Jewish got specific resources but somehow this country is too racist to pony up resources for African Americans? That's bullshyt. All you're trying to do is intellectualize and rationalize not getting nothing. You can nip all the race talk in the bud by saying WE ARE GIVING REPARATIONS TO DESCENDANTS OF AMERICAN SLAVES who have ancestors here back "X" date and have identified as belonging to this group within the last 10 years on the census.

Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States
Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States | The White House

Memorandum on Advancing the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Persons Around the World
Memorandum on Advancing the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Persons Around the World | The White House

Executive Order on Creating a Comprehensive Regional Framework to Address the Causes of Migration, to Manage Migration Throughout North and Central America, and to Provide Safe and Orderly Processing of Asylum Seekers at the United States Border
Executive Order on Creating a Comprehensive Regional Framework to Address the Causes of Migration, to Manage Migration Throughout North and Central America, and to Provide Safe and Orderly Processing of Asylum Seekers at the United States Border | The White House

Executive Order on Restoring Faith in Our Legal Immigration Systems and Strengthening Integration and Inclusion Efforts for New Americans
Executive Order on Restoring Faith in Our Legal Immigration Systems and Strengthening Integration and Inclusion Efforts for New Americans | The White House

Executive Order on the Establishment of Interagency Task Force on the Reunification of Families
Executive Order on the Establishment of Interagency Task Force on the Reunification of Families | The White House

OK we know the government Doesn't want to do for ADOS what now?

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
You want to pay an extra 200 dollars everytime you go to the grocery store?

Do you eat strawberries? They are very good for you but mexicans call it the devil's fruit because you have to bend over all day picking it.

So even though they're not supposed to be here they are supposed to be here. That high school team that got in trouble for being called the cotton pickers? They weren't talking about ADOS dudes picking cotton that was mexican cotton pickers. When I was in Tunica MS there were no Black cotton pickers there were machines but they were operated by you guessed it mexicans.

What happened to the "free market". Let some $10 strawberries hit the market...they'll go unsold and then farmers would figure out a way to sell them for an acceptable amount.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
What happened to the "free market". Let some $10 strawberries hit the market...they'll go unsold and then farmers would figure out a way to sell them for an acceptable amount.
The acceptable amount would be zero. They get by on subsidies and mexicans What would happen is the price of strawberries would go down because they would be picked by mexicans in Mexico.

If you believe in america the idea that food is imported would be intolerable take it from a guy in the third world money literally flies out of the country because people buy us subsidized corn flakes.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Yes you did.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:mjlol:you'd be a newborn fool if you don't take advantage of this on larry

I don't know about the rest of you nikkas.. But im going to follow this, and see if I can benefit from any of it.

We're not getting a reparations check anytime soon.. So people got to get in where they fit in, until that day comes..