VOTE or DIE: Years later. How do we view Red Dead Redemption 2?

Rate RDR2

• 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 83 79.0%
  • 4/5⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • 3/5⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • 2/5⭐⭐

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 1/5⭐

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s the animations,

They made the animations so detailed and realistic that the game doesn’t feel fun to control. Don’t wanna watch this dude scratch his ass while i wait to up the Pistol :stopitslime:

Mission structure too rigid. They built this grand believable open world, but if you walk two feet away from exactly where they want you to be, you get mission failed. This is the same mission structure from GTA3 on PS2. Wanted system was busted, hunting and crafting underwhelming.

So many open world games have come and done such a better job at all of this.

Rockstar needs to evolve their gameplay.

The story was good but telegraphed way to early and dragged on way too long.

Feel like i knew where the story would end up about 10 hours in and i just spent the next 10-15 hours waiting for it to happen.

With that said. The world they built was absolutely amazing. Still looks better and more detailed than most linear games today. One of the few games that the production or the spectacle is what kept me in. Most games i woulda dropped at the point where i felt i wasn’t having fun, but i had to see this one through.

I don’t think it’s a good “game” but as a long time gamer and tech head I still think its probably THE greatest achievement ever in gaming from an art and tech perspective.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Good points. The only thing that really felt forced to me was how kind everybody in Dutch's gang was to Tilly, Charles, and Lenny (R.I.P.).
In a group full of rednecks, nobody showed any :mjpls: ?
That part didn't pass the realism test.

You forget about Micah and Dutch woulda been on their neck for any:mjpls:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I never understood the sluggish controls argument.

This isn't an FPS so I never expected it to perform like CoD. And the game holds your hand, by default, when shooting. Gameplay gets extremely easy once you get used to it. I was sniping snipers with pistols, on horseback.

All that hand holding goes away in pvp- online mode. That's when the controls go to shyt, on the console.
It was sluggish to me when every action is a 2-3 second animation.
I hated picking up crafting items in RDR2 because it would take so long.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I never understood the sluggish controls argument.

This isn't an FPS so I never expected it to perform like CoD. And the game holds your hand, by default, when shooting. Gameplay gets extremely easy once you get used to it. I was sniping snipers with pistols, on horseback.

All that hand holding goes away in pvp- online mode. That's when the controls go to shyt, on the console.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
An absolute masterpiece. One of the greatest achievements in gaming history.

The controls were annoying at first, but I got used to it after a while and it felt natural. The story, the world, the graphics, the attention to detail, the random occurrences while riding around, etc. are still the pinnacle in gaming five years after its release.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
5 out of 5. One of the 10 greatest games ever.

Playing this game on PC in native 4k is unlike any gaming experience ever.

That first playthrough without seeing any spoilers online :wow:

I cried when my horse died. :to:. I still think about her to this day. No matter how many times I play or how many horses I bond with their will only be one Butrice :to:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I'm not the biggest fan of this game.

But I remember during one cutscene my horse was laying on the train track. Me and my girl were :wtf: why Dr. Hoofington just laying there in the background?

Dumbass pony got run over by a train during the cutscene. I had to walk my ass over to the stable and get Horse #2

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The rare exception where a prequel actually succeeded in making the originals story even better. I don't think I've played a more immersive 3rd person game. I remember legitimately setting up camp during sunset, grooming my horse, cooking meals, having a drink and a smoke before sleeping.... & not feeling disengaged at all. Game starts incredibly slow but once you're past the the first couple of hours, it's an incredible experience.

It was crafted to be approached as a marathon, not a sprint. I derived satisfaction from simple things such as walking around town, hunting, and interacting with pedestrians. They had some of the most dynamic and realistic NPCs & wildlife that I can remember. The world -- from the people, to the animals -- felt alive. The dynamic events were obviously limited but nothing beat stumbling upon a Klan rally for the first time. I saw the flames cascading over the horizon from a distance one night and was like..."I know this ain't what I think it is." :ohhh:

Because if it is...?

b7064069-db7d-4cf5-9c76-aad93ba831c1_text.gif

8NDXoWu.gif

:banderas:

The story is still one of the greatest I've experienced in any medium & Arthur Morgan may be the greatest video game protagonist of all time. He felt real and due to the pacing, his story felt incredibly personal. Great game. Very unique too given that as much as I loved the experience, I was done and never replayed it upon completion. It took me months to finish and by the time the credits rolled, it just felt like it was complete and revisiting it was unnecessary. I was emotionally drained. The story was finished and I love it for that.

Last edited: