VOTE or DIE: Years later. How do we view Red Dead Redemption 2?

Rate RDR2

• 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 83 79.0%
  • 4/5⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • 3/5⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • 2/5⭐⭐

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 1/5⭐

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I literally just finished replaying RDR2 on Sunday. I hadn't played since it first came out, but I still remembered a lot of the game.
One big thing I had forgotten was how cool the
return from Guarma was while D'Angelo was sangin'
Even in 2023, the experience still holds up.
10/10 game.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The Arthur and the gang story was fantastic, but overall the story got kinda confused. I understand they were trying to illustrate the end of an era/dawn of an era with the new orleans organized crime, the dying indigenous tribe and the actual south american revolution, but all of that is a lot and it felt forced at times. Especially the south american stuff.

If they had stuck with arthur and the gang and made certain gameplay elements less tedious it would be a perfect game
Good points. The only thing that really felt forced to me was how kind everybody in Dutch's gang was to Tilly, Charles, and Lenny (R.I.P.).
In a group full of rednecks, nobody showed any :mjpls: ?
That part didn't pass the realism test.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Arthur and the gang story was fantastic, but overall the story got kinda confused. I understand they were trying to illustrate the end of an era/dawn of an era with the new orleans organized crime, the dying indigenous tribe and the actual south american revolution, but all of that is a lot and it felt forced at times. Especially the south american stuff.

It was done a lot better in the first game too

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Good points. The only thing that really felt forced to me was how kind everybody in Dutch's gang was to Tilly, Charles, and Lenny (R.I.P.).
This nikka wants them to add racism into games for the sake of historical accuracy :mjtf: you can suspend your belief for anything else, but some criminals being decent to each other is where you draw the cotdayum line huh

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They are a bunch of outcasts so they may be a little more tolerant

The only guys that's really shown any signs of being racist are bill and bytch ass micah

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nikka wants them to add racism into games for the sake of historical accuracy :mjtf: you can suspend your belief for anything else, but some criminals being decent to each other is where you draw the cotdayum line huh
:russ: that was dutch whole thing as be a leader of the gang too he always make sure that the gang member behave like family with to each other.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
The story may have beem a little over ambitious especially towards the end BUT I don't even like Westerns like that but its my favorite Western themed game (aside from the previous RDR) since Cowboys of Moo Mesa :mjlol:
Did not expect to see that referred to :russ:

Btw you know the game is based on a cartoon right?