Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Coming to Consoles June 5th

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anybody wanting to win with Pai has to be nice with the mixup game. But she's limited in the amount of combos she can start from a mid hit... which is why I can't wait to see the new shyt they gave her in FS.

It's pretty much highs and lows with her and a lot of mind games... once people figure her out, it's not pretty though. (like ya boy did the other night with Vanessa) Fuzzy guarding is your friend against Pai for sure.

Would you say my style was predictable?

You're pretty much learning the game again with the stick, plus this is a game where knowing how to counter ones tendencies is crucial, so even if you know what I'm up to, if you're not quick with the command you want to land, you're in another combo, or knocked down. Once the rust is off you'll be straight.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm reading that if you don't have the DLC for the character items then you won't see them even if you're fighting someone with them on.

:what:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
VFDC - Virtua Fighter Dot Com
VF5FS FAQ
I'll quote the section about features in the game...

*What features will be in the VF5FS console version?*
-Training Mode similar to VF4:Evo Training Mode
-Console exclusive "License Challenge" Single Player Mode - clear special challenges such as "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled" and get a special license. (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
-Character Select Screen - Button Configuration (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
-Character Select Screen - Random Character Select (console exclusive) (Updated:1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
-Online Mode features 8 player lobby rooms
-Online Mode features spectators (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
-Online Mode features replay saves and upload feature
-Over 14,000 plus items will be available to customize characters as DLC(Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #2).

It kind of sucks that my gear won't carry over and that you have to cop all of the DLC just to see what people are rocking online

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I'm reading that if you don't have the DLC for the character items then you won't see them even if you're fighting someone with them on.

:what:

That's what I heard. Hopefully they come out with compatibility packs. SCV and a few others had em. The game is $15 bux, both dlc item packs together are $30 so for $45 you'll have no worries. Individual packs are $5 btw

And for sure, moves ain't coming out and whatnot tryna adjust to playing stick. Ain't really tryna do too much, I just want to get back into the VF mind frame after playing almost every fighting game since. To answer your question - yeah kinda. I'm tryna figure out how to punish what with what and getting punished myself but I'm sure black already had it covered when u guys played

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
VFDC - Virtua Fighter Dot Com
No compatibility packs :obama:

The 2 DLC Packs are:
Item Set #1: Akira, Sarah, Kage, Wolf, Lion, Aoi, Brad, El Blaze, Jean

Item Set #2: Pai, Lau, Jacky, Jeffry, Shun, Lei, Vanessa, Goh, Eileen, Taka

looks like im spending that $45

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Counting the minutes :noah:

Wanna get one more set in before i finally retire og VF5 for good

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Counting the minutes :noah:

Wanna get one more set in before i finally retire og VF5 for good

I'm entertaining company right now. Me and my bro were scrapping on PS3 earlier. He just got a fighting stick too so we played for a few hours offline.

Can't wait til the 5th

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Looks like the same old bullshyt VF. Whats supposed to be different about this one besides the fact they're finally adding lobbies. How many new characters are in this one.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Looks like the same old bullshyt VF. Whats supposed to be different about this one besides the fact they're finally adding lobbies. How many new characters are in this one.

New to VF5 are Taka Arashi and Jean Kujo. Every character has been given new moves, and new animations for old ones. There's a bound system like Tekken now for longer, flashier combos.

Basically check this wall combo vid to see what's up
VF5FS VERSION A