Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am responding to this statement by you:

I am pointing out that it has already been proven that what you said is not the case. It does misinterpret and it is not factual about them. You can watch it all you desire.

You haven't explained how its inaccurate. You're just butthurt that they're telling a story about the Dahomey Amazons.

They existed breh :skip: You being butthurt about the Oyo Empire being involved in slavery holds zero relevance to the Amazons being an elite unit of fighters. The fact that you would even hide behind "historical inaccuracies" when the real problem you have is them being on screen at all is soooooooo transparent breh.

That's like boycotting the Aztecs because they ate people's hearts and killed everybody.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
You haven't explained how its inaccurate. You're just butthurt that they're telling a story about the Dahomey Amazons.

They existed breh :skip: You being butthurt about the Oyo Kingdom being involved in slavery holds zero relevance to the Amazons being an elite unit of fighters. The fact that you would even hide behind "historical inaccuracies" when the real problem you have is them being on screen at all is soooooooo transparent breh.

That's like boycotting the Aztecs because they ate people's hearts and killed everybody.
I've posted up an NPR website that supports my point. You can also easily look up what the Dahomey's main export was to Europeans. Plenty have also posted up here the truth too. So your argument is pretty darn disingenuous about this issue, and exposes that you were never being honest about your reason for supporting the film in the first place.

Your anger about me exposing the fact that you know nothing about the issue just exposes who you are, not who I am. I've not misrepresented anything about my intentions on this issue. Your last post shows that you have.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
So the story is based off historical events but the writers took creative license to change the narrative. So we want to see ourselves represented on the big screen but it has to be historically accurate? This movie had to tell the real story about Africans enslaving other Africans through the lens of who exactly? I'd love to see the reaction to that movie on Twitter and the cluster fukk of cac deep dives on Oyo, Dahomey and other tribes.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Dude what is with the agenda against black men wtf

maria_bello_18_404256.webp

I'll hold my reservations until I see the movie.

The Dahomey Amazons were a part of history.

That history doesn't get erased just because they did something else that was wrong.

How many movies and television shows have there been on Queen Elizabeth and her family? Yea. Exactly.

Y'all act like the only way to learn about Dahomey history is by watching this movie.

:dead:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
and how can an African living in NorCal sur rounded by a bunch of Asian & Mexicans … can grow up around/with more Black people …. than an ADOS/FBA from Edenwald project in da Bronx

:umad:

@Dre God told me there are no Black people left in New York though, only immigrants. :troll:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've posted up an NPR website that supports my point. You can also easily look up what the Dahomey's main export was to Europeans. Plenty have also posted up here the truth too. So your argument is pretty darn disingenuous about this issue, and exposes that you were never being honest about your reason for supporting the film in the first place.

Your anger about me exposing the fact that you know nothing about the issue just exposes who you are, not who I am. I've not misrepresented anything about my intentions on this issue. Your last post shows that you have.

You care nothing at all about "historical inaccuracies".....just...like....I....said.

You're upset that they're making a movie about the Amazons period.

I asked you to name "historical inaccuracies" about the Dahomey Amazons (which the movie is about) and you talk about slavery (something the movie is not about). I really wonder if you watch other historical movies and have this same level of butthurt. I already know you done watched English period dramas...Game of Thrones and all that shyt...and they were our slave masters. Make it make sense nikka. You cannot erase history or tell other people they can't watch historical movies because you don't like what the people did. Imagine Jewish people telling us we can't watch movies about Germany or Chinese people telling us we can't watch movies about Japan. That's how you sound right now. You trying to erase a whole ass kingdom with a 600 year history because of a wrong that was done.

Get it together man. Wash your face.
This is my last response. Stay butthurt. The movie is coming out regardless. Your opinion doesn't really mean anything to be honest :beli:

Last edited:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
and you talk about slavery (something the movie is not about).
:mjlol:
Yet the very people trying to defend this movie claim it is addressed in the movie. Which is it? Make it make sense. Imagine going to such great lengths for a movie written by white female cultural imperialists who intend to use Africa as a come up no different than their white racist ancestors. I just can't imagine being this butthurt on the behalf of a cac and in service of a cac. I just can't. :heh:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:
Yet the very people trying to defend this movie claim it is addressed in the movie. Which is it? Make it make sense. Imagine going to such great lengths for a movie written by white female cultural imperialists who intend to use Africa as a come up no different than their white racist ancestors. I just can't imagine being this butthurt on the behalf of a cac and in service of a cac. I just can't. :heh:

The movie is not about slavery. Its about the Amazons. So yes nikka.....common sense tells you there will be a line or a scene about slaves but, its not the primary focus of the movie you retarded fukk.

Got a nerve to have the name High Art :heh:

But can't compartmentalize your personal feelings.

I want to see African history. So the world can get used to seeing African stories on screen. Shaka Zulu. Great Zimbabwe. Mali. Ghana. Songhai. Ancient Egypt. Ancient Nubia. Ethiopia. But I can see you fakkits picking apart each movie because there's going to always be something wrong that was done.

But ignored.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Black people fall for CAC tactics everytime.

What black people have done good and bad should be discussed and made public knowledge the same way all other history is.

ADOS stay pushing white devil tactics of division and

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
The movie is not about slavery. Its about the Amazons. So yes nikka.....common sense tells you there will be a line or a scene about slaves but, its not the primary focus of the movie you retarded fukk.

I want to see African history. So the world can get used to seeing African stories on screen. Shaka Zulu. Great Zimbabwe. Mali. Ghana. Songhai. Ancient Egypt. Ancient Nubia. Ethiopia. But I can see you fakkits picking apart each movie because there's going to always be something wrong that was done.

But ignored.
It is the primary focus because it is the root of how the amazons came to be. Their origin has no place or is not important? lol. They would not exist were it not for slavery. It is also one of the driving aspects of the film. Misrepresented to make the women look better but exists all the same. So you're now lying, being more pressed than hooker's mattress and all kinds of mad about a movie written by white women, a movie where they misrepresented African history and then claim you want more of that misrepresentation. Think about it: You want more cacs mistelling black history for their gain and you see nothing wrong with this and are acting like an attack dog in service to them. Amazing. Your father failed you and your mother failed to abort you. :mjlol:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
So the story is based off historical events but the writers took creative license to change the narrative. So we want to see ourselves represented on the big screen but it has to be historically accurate? This movie had to tell the real story about Africans enslaving other Africans through the lens of who exactly? I'd love to see the reaction to that movie on Twitter and the cluster fukk of cac deep dives on Oyo, Dahomey and other tribes.
Yes, the narrative that they were slavers into the narrative that they are fighting for freedom. That is a big darn change, and one that many Black Americans do not see as being worthy of supporting, especially when some of our own ancestors were the ones who were exported to Europeans by them.

I mean really, should Black Americans look through a different lens about this than perhaps our own ancestors?

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency

But ignored.
The Amazons that participated in enslaving people and selling them to Europeans, not changed to be a freedom fighting group defending their nation from White people. So the movie is a misrepresentation of a tribe that sold some of my ancestors into slavery, yet for some reason some of you feel we who do not desire to support it are wrong for actually taking the side of our own ancestors in this. Amazing to say the least.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
It is the primary focus because it is the root of how the amazons came to be. Their origin has no place or is not important? lol. They would not exist were it not for slavery. It is also one of the driving aspects of the film. Misrepresented to make the women look better but exists all the same. So you're now lying, being more pressed than hooker's mattress and all kinds of mad about a movie written by white women, a movie where they misrepresented African history and then claim you want more of that misrepresentation. Think about it: You want more cacs mistelling black history for their gain and you see nothing wrong with this and are acting like an attack dog in service to them. Amazing. Your father failed you and your mother failed to abort you. :mjlol:
Oh shyt. The the screen play is written by a White woman, lol. They kept parading around a Black woman, but the actual screen play written credits are going to a White woman named Dana Stevens.

dana-stevens.jpg

That is the screen play writer of the movie. So of course the history would be distorted and changed.

'The Woman King' Writer Dana Stevens Explains How to Bring History to Life​

Oh wait, there are two writers for this. Let me guess, the second one was a White woman too.

IMG_4236-H-2022.jpg

That is the picture of the second writer for the movie. Her name is Maria Bello.

The Woman King, directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood and written by Maria Bello and Dana Stevens, portrays the ancient West African Kingdom of Dahomey (today's Republic of Benin) and its legendary all-women regiment, the Agodjie.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Also FYI,many of us were already here in the Americas
:duck:

Genetics, history and documentation don't support that. Made up history to distance yourself from Africa.

You can't even prove it. Meanwhile your DNA shows exactly who you are and where you came from. DuckTales vs reality.