Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
You care nothing at all about "historical inaccuracies".....just...like....I....said.

You're upset that they're making a movie about the Amazons period.

I asked you to name "historical inaccuracies" about the Dahomey Amazons (which the movie is about) and you talk about slavery (something the movie is not about). I really wonder if you watch other historical movies and have this same level of butthurt. I already know you done watched English period dramas...Game of Thrones and all that shyt...and they were our slave masters. Make it make sense nikka. You cannot erase history or tell other people they can't watch historical movies because you don't like what the people did. Imagine Jewish people telling us we can't watch movies about Germany or Chinese people telling us we can't watch movies about Japan. That's how you sound right now. You trying to erase a whole ass kingdom with a 600 year history because of a wrong that was done.

Get it together man. Wash your face.
This is my last response. Stay butthurt. The movie is coming out regardless. Your opinion doesn't really mean anything to be honest :beli:
Good, because none of your responses actually explained why Black Americans who choose to not support the movie are wrong for doing that. Actually, I originally pointed out that I had no problem with you going to see the movie, I just did not like that you misrepresented your reason why you were going to see it.

Your original post was very disingenuous, stating that it was fine as long as they did not misrepresent the truth and was factual. Well I proved that it is neither, and that is when you exposed your true feelings about the issue. You could have been a man about it and just came forward and said the truth for why you supported it, but instead you used a word salad attack style in a manner that many feminist use to try to discredit statements they have no real valid argument against. It just exposed how duplicitous you were being about the whole issue.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You care nothing at all about "historical inaccuracies".....just...like....I....said.

You're upset that they're making a movie about the Amazons period.

I asked you to name "historical inaccuracies" about the Dahomey Amazons (which the movie is about) and you talk about slavery (something the movie is not about). I really wonder if you watch other historical movies and have this same level of butthurt. I already know you done watched English period dramas...Game of Thrones and all that shyt...and they were our slave masters. Make it make sense nikka. You cannot erase history or tell other people they can't watch historical movies because you don't like what the people did. Imagine Jewish people telling us we can't watch movies about Germany or Chinese people telling us we can't watch movies about Japan. That's how you sound right now. You trying to erase a whole ass kingdom with a 600 year history because of a wrong that was done.

Get it together man. Wash your face.
This is my last response. Stay butthurt. The movie is coming out regardless. Your opinion doesn't really mean anything to be honest :beli:

Why do y'all keep acting dumb.

The movie makes The Dahomey heroes and presents A LIE that they wanted to abolish slavery because they eventually saw it as wrong.

When in reality they had no intention of ever ending slavery and even after slavery was made illegal by cacs they still wanted to continue selling slaves for money.

If cacs put out a movie that they went to Africa during colonial times with the primary intention of freeing Africans from slavery from other africans and then said this based on true events you would call it out :pachaha:

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
Well, damn. Man. Idk what to think. :martin: My mom been bytching at me about taking my daughter to see this. Sending me interviews with the cast and shyt lmao. But now I’m catching wind of all this criticism. Trying to discern if this is just right-adjacent/incel bullshyt or if the criticism is legit.
Follow mom? or follow a bunch of coli militants? :lupe:
what to do what to do :sadcam:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Follow mom? or follow a bunch of coli militants? :lupe:
what to do what to do :sadcam:
Do what you desire. No one is telling you not to see the movie, we are just pointing out why we are not going to support the movie. I have no clue why some of you seem to want to act facetious about this?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Do what you desire. No one is telling you not to see the movie, we are just pointing out why we are not going to support the movie. I have no clue why some of you seem to want to act facetious about this?

Just bump a God and Egypt movie thread or the other one Ridley Scott made where he cast cacs as Ancient Egyptians :sas2:

You'll see very different energy in those threads :sas2:

And none of this "y'all need to get over it" "So what if it's not historically accurate" energy you're seeing with this movie :sas2:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Just bump a God and Egypt movie thread or the other one Ridley Scott made where he cast cacs as Ancient Egyptians :sas2:

You'll see very different energy in those threads :sas2:

And none of this "y'all need to get over it" "So what if it's not historically accurate" energy you're seeing with this movie :sas2:
Well, I did not support that movie either when it came out.

Also, those two movies are two very different things too. One is about mythological beings, the other is about a very real tribe in Africa that are responsible for the selling of some of my ancestors. Which one do you think I am more concerned about? The revisionist history about a group of mythological beings, or the revisionist history about a real tribe of people who had real catastrophic effects on some of my ancestors?

*Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that they are not really comparable.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Well, I did not support that movie either when it came out.

Also, those two movies are two very different things too. One is about mythological beings, the other is about a very real tribe in Africa that are responsible for the selling of some of my ancestors. Which one do you think I am more concerned about? The revisionist history about a group of mythological beings, or the revisionist history about a real tribe of people who had real catastrophic effects on some of my ancestors?

*Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that they are not really comparable.

Ramses (The Pharaoh) was a real person.

Ridley scott made him and the Egyptians in his movie cacs.

People on this board called it out for whitewashing because it's of course not historically accurate and presenting a narrative lie that these people were cacs.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Ramses (The Pharaoh) was a real person.

Ridley scott made him and the Egyptians in his movie cacs.

People on this board called it out for whitewashing because it's of course not historically accurate and presenting a narrative lie that these people were cacs.
I did not watch the movie, did not know they used Ramses in it. Besides, Ridley Scott is known for white washing any quasi-historical movie he makes. That is why I was not watching a movie made by him about Egypt or Exodus. So it was enough to know that he was heading up those movies for me to know that I was not interested in them.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I did not watch the movie, did not know they used Ramses in it. Besides, Ridley Scott is known for white washing any quasi-historical movie he makes. That is why I was not watching a movie made by him about Egypt or Exodus. So it was enough to know that he was heading up those movies for me to know that I was not interested in them.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying breh.

The posters who are arguing with you about The Woman King by saying "so what if it's not historically accurate and correct" are the same ones who said the complete opposite to what they're now telling you now when Ridley Scott made Egyptians and Ramses a bunch of cacs.

Daps
Regardless of the historical inaccuracies or the fact that it depicts a group of people that were slavers (even though many historical people, ethnic groups, polities, etc have done less than favourable actions and participated in awful events. And yet we still watch fictional TV shows, movies, etc based on them and nobody bats an eyelid) or say dumb shyt about 'black people selling other black people'; as if Africa is just one country, with hundreds upon hundreds of distinct ethnic groups and cultures; as if black people all think and act alike, and other races didn't enslave (or fukk up) their own people.

Can we all just agree that the film looks like black feminazi garbage. LOL

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:duck:

Genetics, history and documentation don't support that. Made up history to distance yourself from Africa.

You can't even prove it. Meanwhile your DNA shows exactly who you are and where you came from. DuckTales vs reality.

Its unfortunate you dont understand DNA cant show that:mjlol:

Based on my own research and keen senses I have drawn conclusions just like the European has. Do you deny "black" people of various shades existed in the Americas prior to the European? Do you really believe that those natives that were sent to Spain,then sent back to the Americas as part of slave trade,were properly seperated from Africans? As if they cared to accurately record keep where they stole us from smh.

Im not seperating myself from Africa. But I dont hold some special bond with Africa as the definitive "mother land". We are a global people who were everywhere first:respect:

Youve fallen for the European tricks that have convinced you black people were to dumb to make boats to leave Africa. Or that there were no land masses that allowed us to get to the Americas from the Pacific Islands#TheWorldIsYours.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying breh.

The posters who are arguing with you about The Woman King by saying "so what if it's not historically accurate and correct" are the same ones who said the complete opposite to what they're now telling you now when Ridley Scott made Egyptians and Ramses a bunch of cacs.
My bad. I guess my mind was on a different track mentally concerning this. If what you say is true, then I am not really surprised about it.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
maria_bello_18_404256.webp

Y'all act like the only way to learn about Dahomey history is by watching this movie.

:dead:

You expecting an American to crack open a book :dead:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do y'all keep acting dumb.

The movie makes The Dahomey heroes and presents A LIE that they wanted to abolish slavery because they eventually saw it as wrong.

When in reality they had no intention of ever ending slavery and even after slavery was made illegal by cacs they still wanted to continue selling slaves for money.

If cacs put out a movie that they went to Africa during colonial times with the primary intention of freeing Africans from slavery from other africans and then said this based on true events you would call it out :pachaha:

This is hilarious but all things aside. Wouldnt showing the actual history cause more fukkery and give the racists more ammo or was it altered to just show women power and pick away the controversial parts?

Was there a Thanos lever after credit scene showing a fleet of slave ships coming for them?

:ohhh:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
West Africa will always hold the eternal L of being stupid enough to sell people that look like them to a bunch of sociopathic foreigners. Easily the most shameful and confusing part of our history. Converting to Christianity and Islam is a close second
I wish there was some way to figure out what our old religion was but all that is long gone.