Viola Davis says black woman aren't romantically linked with white men enough in flims

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: :mjlol:

It's absolutely shameful, just like the rest of this secure the bag culture. Ppl forget or don't know, the reason AADOS stayed broke historically is bc we had an anti-c00ning culture. There was always an option to get paid c00ning, even during slavery days. It's super easy to get the bag from the wm, esp as a bw , if you're willing to do anything.

:scust:
source.gif

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not with this.. at all.. I'm at the point now where I don't acknowledge Hollywood and this swirler/wench mentality. Never was into Scandal, or that Murder She Wrote or Capital M for murder or whatever other show that is she has, and I always had a problem with Shonda Rime, Ava Duvernay... they're all part of that agenda; also have some anti black bias in some form. I learned to filter my mind bc this is not my reality and not who I associate with.. every image they present is nothing but dysfunction of the black family and unity. Entertainers have that platform for a reason and it's never productive. I will never see actors as educators - they're not representative of my values.

For example- this show that my brother's gf watches, called '91' with Angela Bassett. Bassett's character is a police officer, right.. but check this out- she finds out that her black husband is cheating on her with another black man (dysfunction and effeminization), they get divorced but still live in the same house (for the sake of the 2 kids).. meanwhile Angela Basset's character goes on to date the white Fire Department Chief.. and they always show them in a positive way, talking and working through their issues. The other "prominently" featured 'black woman" on the show is a female firefighter that is a die-hard dyke, lesbo.. looks and plays the part. ... Alfre Woodward who plays the head of the Stokes family on Luke Cage is married to a white man in real life. Another show I started watching, For the Defense- whitewashed black lawyer dating her white boyfriend, lives with a white female roomate and has a bad relationship with her blood brother (who is black), and the only black male effeminate talking lawyer on the show is the resident a$$hole and immorally corrupt legal mind who sleeps with white women. These are "our" made for tv female 'role models'....
:stopitslime::comeon::scust:

All of this sista all of this. shyt is an idiot box that is all TV is.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow didn't know that...
But
Why is their child look mixed?
:patrice:
1280_viola_davis_010517_getty631034272.jpg

Edit: adopted thanks @Nerdy black guy

:mjlol: dude the child don't look mix she look like a light skin black kid. Its just because you are looking at her skin versus the skin of her adopted parents.

Which is ironic that we are talking about how TV programs folks. Entertainment has embedded in peoples brain now a days that every light skin black girl without a perm or weave is mixed.

Its actually black and non black folks who would ask my wife if our daughter was mixed. Just off the fact of her complexion and hair texture.:mjlol:

Like suddenly light skin black folks with 2 black parents don't exist anymore.