Viola Davis: If I’m A Black Meryl Streep, Then ‘Pay Me What I’m Worth'

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
How much are they paying you to not support blks in these roles? Ur a plant. Why are you so invested in blks not standing up for their worth?

Blks in every venue need to call this shyt out. Music industry too. Blks provide the soundtracks and cinematic context to white culture. Hell most of American culture CAME off our backs with zero fukking credit. Black actors and actresses are TWICE as good as anything white Hollywood has ever produced. Our music is too. Time to acknowledge that.

But if u docile and too worried about rocking the boat then don't stress urself with the conversation. Geez I go to school with blks like you. Literally shook to raise any issue. And I'm not talking about playing it smart. No I'm talking about so scared that they resent any other blk for speaking against injustice.
I am starting to notice a trend with these Black Brits, it's disguisting. I noticed some like Theraflu never act ignorant but the ones like Todd are poisonous beings

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
smh. We already know which side most Black folks finna be on

so let us get certain questions / comments out of the way...

-is she in demand?
-why isn't she playing the game, then wait for the next project to get payed?
-she needs to stop begging white folks, linkup with TP and Oprah to show cacs about Black excellence
-Why is she pocket watching Streep?
-Why is she begging white folks?
- Why is she burning bridges like this, she should just shut up and do what she needs to do
-She's full of shyt. Isn't Denzel,Hallie, and Taraji getting payed. I know for a fact Black panther cast going to get that bag

These be the type of nikkas that are scared to even ask their boss for a raise :mjlol:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
These be the type of nikkas that are scared to even ask their boss for a raise :mjlol:
You’re the type who sits around crying like a bytch because your boss says “no” when you beg for a raise. “:mjcry:bu bu I deserve it and they won’t give it to me:to:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Of all the underpaid black people in America a millionaire celebrity has it the easiest.
:yeshrug:

Think complaining will make 500 years of ruthless discrimination throw in the towel brehettes
let's not be stupid, even at normal jobs you should be paid your worth especially of you out perform your co-worker consistently, anyone would be missed in that situation.

just because she makes more money then you, doesn't mean she not under paid.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Y'all need to stop responding to this Todd 2012 character. Dude clearly aint right in the head.

But yea, it's high time black ppl start demanding our worth. I just got a 10k raise cause the upper management in my company got word that i had another offer.
Same thing had happened to me but I was bluffin.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Viola could always produce more projects and get money that way. She has the name recognition to do so, but I know it's easier to beg for crumbs.

use your brain.
those same studio's that are refusing her roles and higher pay, are the same studio's she had to go through to produce, distribute, and market a film she would produce....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Why these hoes crying like Hollywood is special. Black people go uncompensated for shyt all day everyday in every field.
where y'all niccaz work at where your getting under paid like this....:russ:

most jobs have a standard scale of paying based on experience, and skill.

either you guys just dumb and don't put in research or you don't know how to negotiate at all.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
men are black people going to learn to stop begging white people for shyt? either we are going to do it on our own or eat shyt and bare it.

Viola could always produce more projects and get money that way. She has the name recognition to do so, but I know it's easier to beg for crumbs.

We literally out here like :feedme:

Why these hoes crying like Hollywood is special. Black people go uncompensated for shyt all day everyday in every field.

You’re the type who sits around crying like a bytch because your boss says “no” when you beg for a raise. “:mjcry:bu bu I deserve it and they won’t give it to me:to:

by these responses it's easy to tell who the broke niccaz on the forum is

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Of all the underpaid black people in America a millionaire celebrity has it the easiest.
:yeshrug:

Think complaining will make 500 years of ruthless discrimination throw in the towel brehettes

what a stupid comment, that's like the field slave saying the house slaves should not complain because because they live in the house.

meanwhile the house slaves get raped and abused also.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Well there you go. If she was dropping hits she could be naming her price. Probably a closet communist

micheal B was hit in creed, but he didn't get paid like it for panther:manny:

also she was in suicide squad, that movie made over 600 million and she was the lead.