Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover
Finally finished the pilot and all I can say is WOW.

good to see ray romano play a scumbag:mjlol:

Bo Dietel had me dying, nikka be gettin all riled up for everything:pachaha:

the
murder
was a nice touch, gives the story some extra meat

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I enjoyed it.

But that scene where he's in the middle of the dance floor, listening to the band with these faces on :dwillhuh::whoo:...

Was pretty bad. It was a good couple minutes too long. They just kept going back and forth from the band to his face.

KOmMvU.gif

I liked that shot a lot though.
that new york dolls shyt was a great scene :stopitslime:

new york wasnt ready for the nasty bits, but they were lovin NYD, the godfathers of punk. dude from nasty bits is a few years ahead of his time yet

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed it.

But that scene where he's in the middle of the dance floor, listening to the band with these faces on :dwillhuh::whoo:...

Was pretty bad. It was a good couple minutes too long. They just kept going back and forth from the band to his face.

I liked that shot a lot though.
There was probably a full 5 minutes worth of him just staring throughout the entire show.A lot of times he just stares at people instead of responding.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Fuuuuck... don't even wanna watch the rest of the season right away after this

top notch cinematography, Bobby Cannavale and Olivia Wilde are two the best right now (check out Meadowland for Wilde, she's amazing)...

Scorsese doing Scorsese at his best. This and the Boardwalk premiere are up there with his best work post-Goodfellas imo...

I get the Mad Men comparisons and I don't care. This is what Mad Men could've been if HBO had picked it up.

That shot of Lester Grimes outside of the supposed birth of hip-hop, straight out of Black Orpheus - the lighting/color is incredible. Prieto kills it through out.

The stock footage from Taxi Driver:ahh:

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Speaking of Meadowland, Reed Morano - directed and DP'd that, she directed 5 episodes this season. Shes' a rising star for sure

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
The Nasty Bits fight :dead::dead::dead:

Jamie reminds me of some girl that was on some kids show/movie a while back.

I just hope they don't go overboard with all of the possible plot angles.

Didn't know that was Andrew Dice Clay until this thread :ohhh:

Ingrid the PAWG trying to break up a happy home :shaq:

The music keeps you in. Listening on my MacBook Pro with my Audio Technica M-50 headphones :ahh: But let's hope they don't rely on shock value to carry the show.

Otherwise, I'm intrigued :ehh:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that new york dolls shyt was a great scene :stopitslime:

new york wasnt ready for the nasty bits, but they were lovin NYD, the godfathers of punk. dude from nasty bits is a few years ahead of his time yet

Great point. They also totally failed to make the obvious point that the nasty bits are partially a response to Led Zepplin. The change from theatrical arena rock to stripped down punk rock.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Great point. They also totally failed to make the obvious point that the nasty bits are partially a response to Led Zepplin. The change from theatrical arena rock to stripped down punk rock.

Yep. I think they'll get there too. Olivia Wilde looks like she's going to be the link to Andy Warhol and his factory scene.

I haven't kept up much on the previews for this, I'm not sure who's all confirmed to be in it, but they were dropping those "Lou" comments during the birthday party, so I'm guessing we'll get some Velvet Underground knowledge in the next few episodes to flesh out the birth of the NYC punk scene and maybe tie into, or at least flesh out, the Nasty Bits story line.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i think they made the point with him saying Slade sucked. but slade doesn't have any staying power these days, so yeah hopefully richie flips out zeppelin and says he doesn't need them anymore yadda yadda

here's a pic of Slade to illustrate your point perfectly, for those unfamiliar with dadrock

slade-resize.jpg

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Yep. I think they'll get there too. Olivia Wilde looks like she's going to be the link to Andy Warhol and his factory scene.

I haven't kept up much on the previews for this, I'm not sure who's all confirmed to be in it, but they were dropping those "Lou" comments during the birthday party, so I'm guessing we'll get some Velvet Underground knowledge in the next few episodes to flesh out the birth of the NYC punk scene and maybe tie into, or at least flesh out, the Nasty Bits story line.

Probably won't get VU. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see Lou during his Transformer/Berlin years

Last edited:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Probably won't get VU. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see Lou during his Transformer/Revolver years

You may be right. I'm admittedly foggy on my VU timeline and thought Lou fired Andy Warhol sometime after '73, but google is telling me it was in the late 60s.