Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, this show, what the fukk. I'm high but it feels like it's crack. These people are ridiculous.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
ok, while I enjoyed this show and am looking forward to the entire season, i really really hate watching a tv show for 2 hours. i realize that sounds really really dumb, but there's just something about settling in for a nice hour of tv and finding out you still have another hour that pisses me off. i can't walk away and come back, i have to finish the episode and i had no intentions of watching a movie...

petty complaint aside, it's gonna be good.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
ok, while I enjoyed this show and am looking forward to the entire season, i really really hate watching a tv show for 2 hours. i realize that sounds really really dumb, but there's just something about settling in for a nice hour of tv and finding out you still have another hour that pisses me off. i can't walk away and come back, i have to finish the episode and i had no intentions of watching a movie...

petty complaint aside, it's gonna be good.
Yeah, I gotta agree that I don't like these 2 hour premiers. I settled down expecting to watch for an hour then I remembered halfway through that it was a 2 hour premiere.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
How can a show be so over the top and be so boring? The Very Bad Things twist with Dice Clay I saw coming a mile away.
Did anyone else get Mad Men feels from this?
It's Mad Men continued but except booze carts, it's drawers full of pills and cocaine.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I gotta agree that I don't like these 2 hour premiers. I settled down expecting to watch for an hour then I remembered halfway through that it was a 2 hour premiere.
i had no clue. and about an hour in i got hit with a feeling of dread. hit pause and saw i still had 62 minutes. felt like a flight delay

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
1970's New York aka The Rotten Apple. Kids who grew up around that time are a different breed.

Dice Kay's character was :wtf:

Ray Romano :krs:

James Brown is the godfather of Hip Hop. :jbwow:

The actor that plays Richie got this role off the strength of his stint on Boardwalk Empire. :ehh:

Everyone and their mama is doing coke and partaking in debauchery. :whew:

The murder, honestly, soured it for me. It didn't want the show to go in that direction. :beli: :jayyikes: @ his head being bashed in.

The Mob use to have a strangle hold on the music industry. :smh:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I liked it, but I can see how it might've been a rough premiere for some people. This went hard and heavy with the obscure music references that are going way over most people's heads in 2016. I consider myself a music fan and can speak on multiple genres, but this was on a whole other level. :damn: I don't know if they were trying to hurry up the character development or just assumed that the audience would be well-versed. Whatever the reason, they spent 45% of the show talking about musicians by their first name that a lot of people under 50 aren't going to recognize unless they hear the full name or their band name. I read a review from a person that didn't even know who the band was that brought down the building and was confused the entire episode. Hopefully that works itself out once the story gets going and there's more action around the characters that the audience does know.

Otherwise, it was dope to me. The music was good and it felt like I was on acid during some of those fast shots. :ahh: