Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

nHEBte1.gif

Last edited:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
coked out ritchie with the kung fu beatdown :russ:

i never really watched his show or seen him in anything else...i just vaguely know him as some funny sitcom family man, so i thought it was kind of a weird casting. but hey, as it turns out ray romano is actually pretty awesome in this.

i'm digging this show so far but they're seriously going overboard with these musical interludes. :francis:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Olivia :takedat:

Velvet Underground and The Factory :blessed:

Kinda interesting to see how punk bands even from the beginning had to compromise their music to get ahead.

Julie with the :smugbiden: when they agreed to play The Kinks

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Ratings were trash but HBO already renewed it for a second season

ZALcC.gif

HBO Renews 'Vinyl' for Season 2
I don't think they had a choice, they are in dire need of dramas. Besides Game of Thrones, they only got The Leftovers(airing its final season) and True Detective(will Nic bounce back from S2?). There's also Westworld, but that keeps getting delayed. Another thing, we see time and time again how HBO likes to support their showrunners. Winter/Scorsese involved too? I'm not surprised at this news.

The two hour pilot had me on snooze for a bit, so going back to the regular format was a breath of fresh air. Second episode was good, I'm liking where this is headed. That scene with coked out Richie in the conference room had me dying. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
show is 2 for 2 so far to me
coked out Kung-Fu Richie stole the whole episode as far as I was concerned :mjlol:

even had to chuckle when he hit the A&R brother with the :usure:for calling him "boss" all the damn time and told him to cut it out with the Stepin Fetchit routine ("SAY IT LOUD!) :russ:

very nice touch ending the show at 1520 Sedwick Ave - I wasn't sure they showed the address in the 1st ep, but they left no doubt in this ep where they were:salute: