Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Not gonna lie, for the first hour I was :russell:

And the random musical interludes didn't really seem to serve a greater purpose than for Scorsese to pay tribute to some of his favorite songs.

Also think the portrayals of the real musicians could get sorta hammy. The Robert Plant part was sorta cringe. And it looks like they got Bowie and some other ones coming up :francis:

How many times this season are we gonna get a character walking into a party and staring around in awe of the music they're hearing :pachaha:

Also I guess a building did really collapse in the '70s.

Did anyone else get Mad Men feels from this? Jamie is pretty much Peggy.

Lester :mjcry: Just wanted to play the blues. Richie got him in the booth with a bunch of cacs recording novelty singles :mjcry:

But I'll keep watching. Now that Richie relapsed looks like fukkery is ahead :manny:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Not gonna lie, for the first hour I was :russell:

And the random musical interludes didn't really seem to serve a greater purpose than for Scorsese to pay tribute to some of his favorite songs.

Also think the portrayals of the real musicians could get sorta hammy. The Robert Plant part was sorta cringe. And it looks like they got Bowie and some other ones coming up :francis:

How many times this season are we gonna get a character walking into a party and staring around in awe of the music they're hearing :pachaha:

Also I guess a building did really collapse in the '70s.

Did anyone else get Mad Men feels from this? Jamie is pretty much Peggy.

Lester :mjcry: Just wanted to play the blues. Richie got him in the booth with a bunch of cacs recording novelty singles :mjcry:

But I'll keep watching. Now that Richie relapsed looks like fukkery is ahead :manny:

I don't know if it's just because this is in the Mad Men era but I'm getting that feel too.

I'm only 20 minutes in but really liking it.

Drugs, music and the women are bound to be :ohlawd:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I've watched the first half and I'm :blessed: :banderas:

Takes me back to Mad Men. It doesn't seem anywhere as deep but there's a lot of fun and fukkery to be had.

The music :ohlawd: I need to do some research.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Show has my attention.

70's, music industry, drugs im here for all of it:banderas:

Didnt realize til this thread that was Andrew Dice Clay crazy