Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm on episode 3 and it was by far the best so far, but this murder/mob plot is really unnecessary; Come on Martin :martin:
i trust they'll make it interesting, but every time the detectives come around i hate the show. i also can't stand that Bo whatever dude who plays the guy who killed Dice and never want to see him again

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
tumblr_o3onkxxOXV1qzyxuzo1_400.gif

tumblr_o3onkrOUqE1qzyxuzo1_400.gif

tumblr_o3ol9ghjGF1qltme0o2_250.gif

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Can someone explain the scam with the Osmond's records? I didn't get it.

if you're talking about the record store, i think it was the label paying that particular store to push that shytty album to be out in front
and the poster be in the front of the store
but the store owner was saying that dueling banjo's was what everybody wanted.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
if you're talking about the record store, i think it was the label paying that particular store to push that shytty album to be out in front
and the poster be in the front of the store
but the store owner was saying that dueling banjo's was what everybody wanted.

In a scene before that, Ritchie was trying to stop someone from selling what I think might have been "fake" records, but he was too late. I didn't really understand the scam.

I guess they were somehow trying to inflate sales numbers with records that nobody would actually buy, but I didn't quite get how the scam worked.

EDIT:

I tried to google a recap that explained how the scam worked, and I found this:
Vinyl Recap: The Remainder Bin

Back in the pilot, Zak Yankovic explained to the Polygram folks that none of American Century's releases are ever "flops," even if they don't sell. Here we see a little of what he means by that, as Skip hassles record-plant operators and Sam Goody managers to press pause on a fairly common scam. Because record stores could get their money back on unsold albums, some industry hustlers bribed manufacturers to press extra, undocumented copies, which a retail-chain warehouse would hold for a reasonable amount of time and then ship back, sharing the refund with the accomplices.

So I guess they're not really inflating the sales numbers, they're just trying to skim off the artificial "refund" money.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
In a scene before that, Ritchie was trying to stop someone from selling what I think might have been "fake" records, but he was too late. I didn't really understand the scam.

I guess they were somehow trying to inflate sales numbers with records that nobody would actually buy, but I didn't quite get how the scam worked.

EDIT:

I tried to google a recap that explained how the scam worked, and I found this:
Vinyl Recap: The Remainder Bin

So I guess they're not really inflating the sales numbers, they're just trying to skim off the artificial "refund" money.

ah, i see...yeah that's news to me too.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I didn't want this past episode to end :whoo: so much piff and I loved the side stories (Osmond record scam, Nasty Bits new Manager, Hannabal)

I wish they can step away from the murder investigation and Richie's wife seeking a divorce but :yeshrug:

I think the murder is needed for dude's instability. That's probably the best part about the character. The divorce shyt is pandering to the women. Hope they cut that shyt out too.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I think the murder is needed for dude's instability. That's probably the best part about the character. The divorce shyt is pandering to the women. Hope they cut that shyt out too.

My theory is that the cops are going to turn it around on Richie with the Buck Rogers murder and make him snitch on the mob guys connected with his old boss, so that might get good eventually.

That divorce storyline is :trash: though, I wish they'd have done all the flashbacks with none of the current "kids and divorce" scenes.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Brehs I really really love this show.

Random thought but the scene with ray ramano in the diner when he couldn't get the salt out of the salt shaker so his co worker switched the salt shaker to a full one. It wasnt needed but it's the little things like that that I love.

Also grimes being a manager was the best move.

Last edited: