Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
When he was playing the guitar and singing in his crunchy voice :mjcry: :damn:

He's killing in every scene.
How Richie did Grimes was GRIMEY as fukk. It legit made me pissed off. The music industry is filled with pit falls and snakes but for a dude who claimed that he loved music... to not fight to keep an artistt hat wasn't being utilized correctly was bullshyt.

At least ask what it would take to have him removed from the label. He sold his loyalty for riches...:snoop:

Until he makes things right by Lester Grimes...I really could care less about how fukked his life gets. And I'm usually a sucker for anti-heroes. :pacspit:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Bobby Cannavale is really making this show for me so far.

I have caught parts of the first episode. well actually pretty much the ending. since scorsese is involved, I might check it out. and bobby canavale has killed the last two shows besides that he guested in with boardwalk empire and nurse jackie.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:dahell::mindblown:

Breh... WHAT?!

As far as Folk songs go...the symbolism in that song was A1. Stop.
a 9 minute song of that rhyme scheme :beli: by the end of it, there's no more appreciation of it left, it's drowned the idea of rhyming in americana kitsch

i take issue with actually calling it folk music, too. it's folk music like justin bieber makes dancehall

sounds real good and plays the part well, but the energy it's givin off is so unfamiliar

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
a 9 minute song of that rhyme scheme :beli: by the end of it, there's no more appreciation of it left, it's drowned the idea of rhyming in americana kitsch

i take issue with actually calling it folk music, too. it's folk music like justin bieber makes dancehall

sounds real good and plays the part well, but the energy it's givin off is so unfamiliar
Okay... Let's respectably debate a bit...

That song was an emotional response to the death of "rock and roll" when the plane crashed and killed Buddy Holly and others that would have created a different trajectory in Rock and Roll.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Okay... Let's respectably debate a bit...

That song was an emotional response to the death of "rock and roll" when the plane crashed and killed Buddy Holly and others that would have created a different trajectory in Rock and Roll.
i'm with the sentiment, of course. RIP ritchie valens the latino superhero and the big bopper :mjcry:

i just think the song sucks. it's overwrought and corny, and it's the classic baby boomer "things were better in MY day" bullshyt

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
All I know is that I worked in a grocery store for a summer in high school and they played American Pie on repeat 1 million times a day. I get that it was a message song, but if I never hear it again it will be too soon. :francis:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
i'm with the sentiment, of course. RIP ritchie valens the latino superhero and the big bopper :mjcry:

i just think the song sucks. it's overwrought and corny, and it's the classic baby boomer "things were better in MY day" bullshyt
True...

But let me put you on to a great Mclean song though...

Based on a true situation. From the proceeds of the song...he bought the mummified corpse from the circus that was exploiting the body and gave the man a proper burial. :mjcry::wow:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
True...

But let me put you on to a great Mclean song though...

Based on a true situation. From the proceeds of the song...he bought the mummified corpse from the circus that was exploiting the body and gave the man a proper burial. :mjcry::wow:

will rock with this when i get home :myman:

you fukk with pete seeger and van ronk :lupe: joan baez? :wow: