Vince Staples: "90s Music overrated"

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
if you didn't grow up listening to a certain era of rap then i can understand why a person wouldn't "feel it" as much as someone who did

because truthfully, a LOT of, if not the majority, of hiphop music ages badly..

for example, a lot of r&b/soul music from the 60's & 70's could get play today and still be felt, but try bumpin some whodini or some otha extra old hiphop shyt from the early 80's, you would get plenty of these looks :what::why::dahell::scusthov::rudy::mjpls::huhldup::scust:, even from some of the :flabbynsick: such as myself

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
lmao. makin up rules now?
vince staples is a dope artist, if he doesnt like the 90s...so the fukk what? idgaf, just keep droppin that heat kid.

That's not a rule, but people who have long lasting careers in any profession should be aware of the people before them. It's not a prerequisite but it's a pretty good thing to have, familiarity with the people before you. Rappers know the rappers before them, Boxers know the Boxers before them, actors and actors, down the line.

and not like the 90s really isn't my beef, maybe others. I don't care what people like or dislike, but disrespecting it is different. Of course people will get offended. I don't know where you nikkas is from where you can just say whatever you want and don't expect people to get offended. That's anywhere on earth, from the Hood to the Burbs.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
the Snoops, Wu's, Outkasts, etc didnt have to say the prior era was overrated to garner the spotlight. They made classic music and were embraced by the fans. If he and other rappers of this generation did the same they too would be embraced.

Rep. These kids are dying to be different and distance themselves from the gangsta rap of the 90s... While dressing like the 90s :comeon:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My dog; you want him to say "I don't understand why the 90s era gets that praise"

He said: "I guess that's why the 90s gets the Golden Age credit, I'm not sure why"

The huge discrepancies between those two statements is what again?

He said that and added that bit about Pac and Big. Instead of moving on.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
shyttin on NORE

I like Vince but this nygga needs to play his position. He ain't even dropped an album people will talk about in 2 years

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
And I was born in 87 so I actually grew up more on the early 2000s rap than the 90s rap, I prefer the stuff from like 2000-2009 (Dipset, Hot Boys, etc) but even I can tell you this dude is talking out of his ass

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
That's not a rule, but people who have long lasting careers in any profession should be aware of the people before them. It's not a prerequisite but it's a pretty good thing to have, familiarity with the people before you. Rappers know the rappers before them, Boxers know the Boxers before them, actors and actors, down the line.

and not like the 90s really isn't my beef, maybe others. I don't care what people like or dislike, but disrespecting it is different. Of course people will get offended. I don't know where you nikkas is from where you can just say whatever you want and don't expect people to get offended. That's anywhere on earth, from the Hood to the Burbs.

hmmm
You really got offended tho?
But when young people get all offended at little things, you say we too sensitive and shyt.
hmmm

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Vince trolling the shyt out of all of you

Peep his twitter if you don't believe me :russ:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
When talking about 90s rap, if Biggie and Pac are your go-tos, you're either white or a real casual hip hop fan or a revisionist history baby. What about Snoop? Wu-Tang? Roots? Busta Rhymes? Tribe? Cube? LL? Pharcyde? Pun? Mase?

nikkas who didn't listen to hip hop until 2003 like this nikka always show their age when they act like Biggie and Pac were the only ones with huge stardom in 90s hip hop. Once upon a time Snoop was the biggest rapper ever. Even bigger than Pac. Busta Rhymes was everywhere at one point.

Vince Staples is a moron. Smart dumb nikka always in the news about his dark horse opinions but never about his actual music. Over opinionated new nikkas that don't know how to keep certain shyt to themselves

Outkast first album also came out in 94. There is way more to the 90s than Biggie and Pac. Also the late 90s (98/99) and the y2k shyt set the stage for all that futuristic shyt Vince loved so much in the 2000s. Dude is straight talking out of his ass.

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
breh, you have a J Cole avi. fukk up.
And you stan a rapper who's an alcoholic that can't remember his own lyrics

The irony...you think you're some hip hop elitist.....you just have shytty taste, foh

:mjlol: