Vince Staples: "90s Music overrated"

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
"I never really got a chance to listen to 90s music like that. I'm young so that was before my time" simple, factual, inoffensive statement. The problem is you young nikkas think you can say anything without backlash. That's not how the world works. It's free speech not free of consequences.

I'm sorry I forgot that rappers are usually so worried about offending.....?

He said that shyt in so many words, whether it was taken as an honest answer or as disrespect seems to depend more on the one reading the statement than the one saying it.

But don't harp on age, or I'm gonna have to question why an old head :flabbynsick: like yourself is on the Internet tough talkin saying dumb shyt like this

Til he gets blood on his mouth.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
I didn't get offended, I just thought it was dumb. I rarely get offended by anything. But you can't expect others to not get offended.

Fukk rap is getting watered down because of people LIKE YOU.
Fukk what others think, do your own shyt.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
He probably hasn't even listened to 90's music for real...he or they mentioned NSYNC, spice girls and the back street boys...he's never listened to his predecessors except for snoop probably...SMH also:mjlol:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
I'm honestly tired of laughing breh. :manny:

At some point these new rappers gotta say something of weight and consequence. I'm tired of, every time someone says something stupid, or puts on a dress, or clearly has no idea what the fukk they're talking about....it's "oh it's for attention, he's trolling".

Is everybody trolling, or are some of these cats legitimately fukking stupid? :francis:

Fred.

Post of the year

What happened to musicians being musicians instead of getting attention by saying dumb shyt and labeling it as trolling? Trolling is something fat dirty nikkas who live in their mothers basement do on the Internet to get attention and feel some type of self worth. Not actual rappers. This is not an era where we should be making jokes and shyt, especially with the African American sociopolitical climate we're in right now. Sick and tired of the class clown act. Not to mention it's not even funny. Vince Staples is a forced comedian. He's known more for his joking tweets then his actual music and seems like hardly anyone sees what is wrong with that. Summertime 06 came and went and the shyt was the definition of average

"He's trolling and he succeeded because y'all mad"

No, more like he's a fukking cornball spending his time trying to make people mad instead of trying to make people feel good with some great music. fukk you nikkas always want to rile people up on purpose for? What are we in Middle School?

Older generation hip hop heads are legitimately pissed because young folks don't pay dues to the ones that paved the way for them. That's understandable. Hip hop is the only genre with this problem. Let's stop pretending like they're just pissed because they're old. It's a fukking reason. Granted a lot of them are annoying old bats, but that's not the majority. These nikkas just want their paid dues. But we're too busy acting like they're just flabby and sick madmen who are angry for no reason

Hopefully Vince Staples keeps joking his way out the rap game though. Sambo ass nikka. Dissing legends just to make subrubian white kids who couldn't tell you who Stretch and Bobbito was laugh while they fukk up their parents cars