Vince Staples: "90s Music overrated"

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
Just because something great and classic doesn't mean it's Isn't overrated Also.

When u have 13 year olds who shyt on all music past 1999 cause it's the in thing, when they never even lived threw the roc a fella and g unit era or heard the albums from that era Than yes it is overrated. Wit that being said that is my favorite era in music. Doesn't mean it's not overrated homie

QcDIYTq.gif

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
I see what you mean but at the same time you can't fake nostalgia over something you weren't there for. No one wants him to be Joey Badass and just dikkride 90's hip hop (sorry Joey fans).

But to go around saying a decade of music is overrated when he hasn't done shyt in his career yet is silly. I don't understand why young bucks seem to have the least respect for the older generations. The youth should do the music they wanna make and it's dumb to pretend a kid born in the mid 90's to walk around bumping Illmatic all day like it's his favorite album.

But at the same time it's dumb to call an entire decade of music that you didn't experience "overrated." Like I said earlier I championed for Vince Staples since 2011, so I want to see him do well and don't hate the guy. But he said Bow Wow is his favorite rapper. Just like he said Ray J is responsible for every great hip-hop moment. He's trolling.

I just watched the interview breh and he never called the 90s overrated. It's a clickbait thing. He said the 90s get a lot of credit and he doesn't know why. The early 2000s are where it's at. It makes sense he has that nostalgia over that era because it's problem when he got into music. But that's just my interpretation. :yeshrug:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I thought that him saying that no one was messing with East Coast artists back then was petty and a lie. This would be the early 00s, he's talking about. I get why he'd retaliate after being called out by NORE tho. I think he's just trolling or following in line with the current mentality of youth to dismiss anything pre2000
Reread this tweet:

Did Vince say it wasn't cool for "no one" to listen to eastside shyt in this tweet? Or did he say, growing up as a 2N crip, it wasn't cool to listen to eastside shyt in this tweet?

Now use your answer to this question to see why this thread looks ridiculous. :dame:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reread this tweet:

Did Vince say it wasn't cool for "no one" to listen to eastside shyt in this tweet? Or did he say, growing up as a 2N crip, it wasn't cool to listen to eastside shyt in this tweet?

Now use your answer to this question to see why this thread looks ridiculous. :dame:

LOL aite breh, I put enough posts into this. He comes off as an ignorant millennial imo

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody is contradicting themselves in here. There's nothing worse than a hip hop dust head who was born in 1996 talking how the '90's was GOAT. :mjlol:
How do you even know when you didn't live it :scust:.
People say '90's are GOAT because it's the easy answer and it avoids confrontation with :flabbynsick:.
:camby::camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Everybody is contradicting themselves in here. There's nothing worse than a hip hop dust head who was born in 1996 talking how the '90's was GOAT. :mjlol:
How do you even know when you didn't live it :scust:.
People say '90's are GOAT because it's the easy answer and it avoids confrontation with :flabbynsick:.
:camby::camby:
There's a lot of gray area between "goat" and "overrated".

He could have just said he grew up in a different era. Claiming the 90's were overrated implies that he is well versed on the musk and just doesn't think it's that good.

jmspro

Banned
Daps
The thing I don't understand is that I don't remember my generation (90's) saying shyt like this about the 80's and 70's. We bumped that shy too. I remember throwing the Straight Outta Compton album in the cd player in the 90s. I remember riding to Isley Brothers greatest hits in the 90s and so on.