Vince Staples: "90s Music overrated"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He said Bow Wow was the first rapper he listened to. That is not comparable to Young Thug wearing a dress or ASAP Rocky talking about racism doesn't exist anymore.

This is crazy that there is a 3 page thread on this considering that Vince Staples's entire discography is about the socio-economic hardships of black minorities.

I don't even care about the Bow Wow stuff. Dude said "the 90's didn't even have a Kanye, it didn't have a 50 Cent".

What does that even mean? :what:

It ain't what he said, it's that he don't even know enough about the 90's to have an opinion. Then judging by how he's reacting to the criticism of what he said, it's clear he has no leg to stand on.

He's just out here running his mouth. Then I log onto The Coli, and people are talking about "oh, just laugh".

Like I said, I'm tired of laughing. No, this ain't on the level of Young Thug or ASAP Rocky but why is it every time a rapper says or does something stupid we gotta think it's funny? It's not funny. Dudes are just stupid.

Fred.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I don't even care about the Bow Wow stuff. Dude said "the 90's didn't even have a Kanye, it didn't have a 50 Cent".

What does that even mean? :what:

It ain't what he said, it's that he don't even know enough about the 90's to speak on it. Then judging by how he's reacting to the criticism of what he said, it's clear he has no leg to stand on.

He's just out here running his mouth. Then I log onto The Coli, and people are talking about "oh, just laugh".

Like I said, I'm tired of laughing. No, this ain't on the level of Young Thug or ASAP Rocky but why is it every time a rapper says or does something stupid we gotta think it's funny? It's not funny. Dudes are just stupid.

Fred.

It's really not funny at all. 'What did I tell you about that laughing' ass nikkas

One day you nikkas gonna die laughing cuz you don't take shyt serious

• Dap
Reactions: hex

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
babies giving their input on a genre they didn't create nor take to higher levels is overrated.

Vince staples overrated. Dude really said the 90s were overrated and then claimed a bow wow song as his favorite. Ill never listen to son again cause of that alone. These new guys talkin too much.

You were listening to dude before? :beli:

Dude was always :trash: in case it took y'all a minute to notice.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Disappointed in these quotes from Vince :smh:

He is dope and he makes great music but his shock post is gonna make him garner a lot of detractors. :snoop:

BabyFaceKillahh

All Star
Daps
This nikka is talking shyt bout all the nikkas mad at him on snapchat.:mjlol:

And he thanked all the crips that started banging because if it wasn't for them then he wouldn't be banging. :mjlol:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I just watched the interview breh and he never called the 90s overrated. It's a clickbait thing. He said the 90s get a lot of credit and he doesn't know why. The early 2000s are where it's at. It makes sense he has that nostalgia over that era because it's problem when he got into music. But that's just my interpretation. :yeshrug:
Makes sense. The clickbait is out of control these days