Vince and HHH's reaction to last night. Sting Update. KENTA has a tryout with WWE...

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why does that have to be a royal rumble or championship win?

It doesn't have to be either honestly, but you know a Rumble win would've been a great moment with him getting that guaranteed WM title match and being able to say "TNYCD :banderas:" to the Authority. As for titles, I'm sure he'll get a few more reigns in before his WWE career is over. I'm not really worried about a title win at WM for him. They screwed that up months ago and are so far off the plot from that now.

I think a DB vs. HHH, DB vs. HBK or (my choice) HHH/HBK vs. DB/Punk would serve quite well to put an end to the angle. Orton was never the real issue anyway, IMO, it was always DB/HHH.

People feel that he's being disrespected and under appreciated at the moment and anyone who isn't trolling would have to be inclined to agree. Just look at what those inside the business are saying about it, it isn't just "TSC being TSC". Still, like I said in another thread, they've got until WM to do something with him. These losses and snubs may be part of a greater plan for his character, so WM is really where we'll be able to judge.

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why does that have to be a royal rumble or championship win?

This is why I think people are overreacting above all else. I don't really expect them to do it, but Daniel Bryan vs HHH makes more sense as a payoff than a Rumble/title win

If D Bry is stuck with Sheamus or Del Rio or some B level star for Mania, then thats worth complaining about, but last night on its own didn't bury him imo.

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nope he was one of the main ones bringing up Punks bad #s but now WWE is supposed to go above and beyond for someone whose #s are just as bad. :camby:

I don't care much for Phil, but I also never argued against the WWE giving him the ball. Like I said, it would have been stupid not to all things considered. My point is I don't think they've given Bryan the ball. And it's fair game - if they did so for a substantial period of time and it didn't help business, I wouldn't complain if they took the belt off of him. But I don't think a long running screwjob angle as Randy Orton's challenger was exactly the platform for him to shine and make concrete statements about his draw on. I do know that the guy that is holding the belt now has a long history of tanking numbers on Monday and Friday nights and PPV.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I don't care much for Phil, but I also never argued against the WWE giving him the ball. Like I said, it would have been stupid not to all things considered. My point is I don't think they've given Bryan the ball. And it's fair game - if they did so for a substantial period of time and it didn't help business, I wouldn't complain if they took the belt off of him. But I don't think a long running screwjob angle as Randy Orton's challenger was exactly the platform for him to shine and make concrete statements about his draw on. I do know that the guy that is holding the belt now has a long history of tanking numbers on Monday and Friday nights and PPV.

Here is where our point of views are different. Bryan does have the ball, week in and week out he is constantly the focal point. The WWE title doesn't mean you have the ball anymore, those days are over. Word to Alberto Del Rio. :heh:

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well no, winning the belt doesn't automatically make you the man, but I still think every great wrestler needs to be cemented with that run. And I'm also a traditional fan that still believes you truly make your stars in the main event at Wrestlemania.

I don't think Bry has been given the ball. But I'm also not saying he's been buried either. He's featured and gets a lot of screen time, but I'm ready to see him get the bigger stage.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PWInsider has confirmed reports that negotiations are ongoing between Sting and WWE. Word is that a decision must be made within the next 2 weeks on whether or not Sting is going to join the company.

Several factors are being worked out right now including scheduling and what Sting is and isn't willing to do creatively. This does not mean Sting is definitely coming to WWE and he could very well work another year with TNA but the impression has been given that Sting realizes if he's going to have a run with WWE, this is the time.

The impression was also given, within WWE, that there will not be a match against The Undertaker, at least at this year's WrestleMania event. However, the idea of Sting debuting at WrestleMania XXX with some kind of cameo or vignette has been discussed.

There's also a feeling that Sting is the face of WCW and with WWE promoting a lot of WCW content on the Network, he could be an asset there. Sting is considered a fresh, unique face when they are used to using people like Ric Flair and Diamond Dallas Page to promote their WCW projects.

While it was believed on Monday that no deal had been signed yet, RF Video's Rob Feinstein noted on Facebook this morning that he heard Sting signed a deal with WWE in the last 24 hours, for what it's worth.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well no, winning the belt doesn't automatically make you the man, but I still think every great wrestler needs to be cemented with that run. And I'm also a traditional fan that still believes you truly make your stars in the main event at Wrestlemania.

I don't think Bry has been given the ball. But I'm also not saying he's been buried either. He's featured and gets a lot of screen time, but I'm ready to see him get the bigger stage.
Exactly!

This is the same company that let The Miz headline and WIN at one of their mania's. I don't think it's asking for too much to want much more talented guys like Bryan and Punk to do the same :manny:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
People keep getting a slick attitude with the term "burial" being used. Here's the thing....they didn't do this kind of shyt with rapper Cena coming into the main event scene. They didn't fukking play games when it was time to make Batista look like a god heading to Mania 21. Orton shouldn't even have a job right now....they changed their 3 strikes policy to keep him on the roster, getting big checks, living easy, and making excuses in every way possible for him not getting over for years following that 2004 debacle. Daniel Bryan hasn't been buried. He's been booked as a behind type when it comes to Cena/Blandy/Batista UNTIL they smartened up and realized this is getting too serious. If you slap the fans in the face over this situation, they will embarass you at WM XXX. That WILL HAPPEN...there is no ifs, ands, or buts. It will happen if they feel this guy, who is the best thing in wrestling by any account, is being marginalized. It has never had to go this far before but it's the way it's gotta be.

As others have noted, they may not care about Mania "buyrates" with that Network deal being how it's set up but they do give a fukk about their top guys like Cena getting shytted on like he did on Sunday. They didn't like that. Hell, him getting spat on like that with the "WE WANT DIVAS" chant got them changing everything up now. Bryan is who's music is ending the show again...lol. Smart move. I still see the inside job that will fukk up things by the end of EC but they got a month to look regular again.