“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
I remember when Knicks fans wanted a Duke reunion now they're all excited over the Villanova reunion

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Mikal Bridges does the same thing that Donte and OG does and Julius averaged like 27ppg and they went 14-1 during that span. Julius in basketball heaven
The Knicks just added another mouth to feed

And they wanna bring back OG??

Somebody is gonna have to sacrifice shots

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Idk what Thibs will do. He struggles with managing lineups of 9 or more guys but the FO is setting him up with 10-11 deep because the apron means they can’t just grab people who aren’t minimum players for 3-5 years. They have to load up on talent now to I guess “stay a float” until their contention window is closed and they can go under the apron again. That’s the main reason I can actually see them draft 3 guys today because that is 3 cheap contracts they have on the roster.

The only silver lining is Thibs isn’t a dummy and he is going to go into camp with 9-10 guys. He might actually do some unofficial load management through the season and play guys less some nights. If they can get to the playoffs healthy, and stay healthy I like their odds against every other team in the league.
On their best night I think the Celtics are still better but the Knicks are very close. The Knicks can definitely make it out the East with some injury luck on their side. Jrue is 34, Horford's 38 and Porzingis can't be relied upon due to his injury history(to be fair, neither can Mitch nor OG)

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
On their best night I think the Celtics are still better but the Knicks are very close. The Knicks can definitely make it out the East with some injury luck on their side. Jrue is 34, Horford's 38 and Porzingis can't be relied upon due to his injury history(to be fair, neither can Mitch nor OG)
I am not worried about Boston mostly due to the age of the guys you mentioned. Knicks gave themselves a 5 year window. Before their window is done the Celtics are going to have to go into a rebuild.

Knicks built a team that can go head to head with anybody and that is all a real contender is. They just got to go on a run and be healthy and then see what happens.

I am looking at them matched up with the wolves, grizzlies, thunder, nuggets, bucks, celtics, philly, heat, and magics of the league and I like their odds in any of those series if they run it back now.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I am looking at them matched up with the wolves, grizzlies, thunder, nuggets, bucks, Celtics, Philly, Miamis, and magics of the league and I like their odds in any of those series if they run it back now.
I'm not gonna concern with the West yet, gotta make it to the Finals.

Bucks window is getting short, I don't think they have enough anymore. The coach also holds them back.
Magic aren't ready yet, defense is there, not enough shooting. Check back in 2 years.
Philly has like 4 players under contract ATM - let me see what they do this offseason
Miami always keeps a good team, can never underestimate Riles
Cavs are probably flipping Garland and one of the bigs for a better fitting part, let me see what they do this offseason
Pacers I like, I don't think they play enough defense to get where they need to be. They've got a deep roster though

Everyone else in the East is kinda a non factor in the near term

Celtics have earned the right to be prohibitive favorites to come out the East, Knicks should be right there behind them

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I understand what you're saying, but I'm just saying....couldn't they pay a little less for Mikal Bridges? I don't think any other team was willing to throw so much at Mikal. I have a feeling him being from Villanova sort of helped the Nets raise his price a little more when negotiating with the Knicks.

If they keep both OG and Hartenstein, then yeah this is a strong contender.
Let's be honest,

The Knicks had to pay more for a few reasons:

• The Nets wouldn't have given the Knicks a deal without at least looking like they got the better part of the deal.
  • The franchises being in the same city and close proximity need to ensure no "collusion" is happening. This is another reason why an "overpay" narrative is better for the Knicks organization with respect to Silver than an underpay.

Last edited: