“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Jalen is gonna get extended soon to a massive deal

OG wants his money

Hartenstein wants his money

They just added Bridges who makes $20 million a year

They just gave Hart $78 million

Coli Poster- "Oh yeah Julius is gonna take less he wants to be here he's fine with less shots and less money

:russ:

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Giving away that many picks sucks but let’s say the Knicks end up being a disaster during one of those years and would’ve gotten a top pick. When’s the last time they’ve drafted someone in the top 10 who’s been successful or a real game changer for the Knicks
We have 11 more picks up to 2029. We aren't hurting :myman:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I understand what you're saying, but I'm just saying....couldn't they pay a little less for Mikal Bridges? I don't think any other team was willing to throw so much at Mikal. I have a feeling him being from Villanova sort of helped the Nets raise his price a little more when negotiating with the Knicks.

If they keep both OG and Hartenstein, then yeah this is a strong contender.
The answer is probably no man. The other thing about Mikal is that him being family allows DDV and Hart to willingly come off the bench. Instead of say… see I can’t even think of another player of Mikal’s caliber. That’s what’s so crazy. Everyone keeps saying we traded for a role player when we traded for THE role player. If you went into a lab and created the perfect complimentary pieces you’d create OG and Mikal. We’re going to have both!

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Idk what Thibs will do. He struggles with managing lineups of 9 or more guys but the FO is setting him up with 10-11 deep because the apron means they can’t just grab people who aren’t minimum players for 3-5 years. They have to load up on talent now to I guess “stay a float” until their contention window is closed and they can go under the apron again. That’s the main reason I can actually see them draft 3 guys today because that is 3 cheap contracts they have on the roster.

The only silver lining is Thibs isn’t a dummy and he is going to go into camp with 9-10 guys. He might actually do some unofficial load management through the season and play guys less some nights. If they can get to the playoffs healthy, and stay healthy I like their odds against every other team in the league.
We’re going to blowing teams out too :wow:

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol::camby:

Nah chief. Not so gun ho on sign OG at any cost, but if we were to trade him I wouldn't want no Dillion Brooks :russ:

I see people keep thinking this move was made in case OG leaves. Nah. This was a move made to increase our depth. They made this move with keeping OG in mind so as to have multiple 3&D wings. If nothing else, Mikal is insurance for when OG inevitably misses time during the season due to injury. Now we won't struggle as much when that happens, as was seen during the regular season and the playoffs when OG went down.
Nigguh it ain’t your money. Maybe the Knicks ain’t so crazy about gliding the luxury tax. Brooks, Tate, Landale, and Jeff Green is good depth and a starter. Y’all bout to lose OG and a big. You need depth

Geordi

All Star
Daps
Giving away that many picks sucks but let’s say the Knicks end up being a disaster during one of those years and would’ve gotten a top pick. When’s the last time they’ve drafted someone in the top 10 who’s been successful or a real game changer for the Knicks
Probably Ewing lol

Funny thing is we could have drafted every starter we have now except Randle. He's the highest pick and the guy fans dont even like.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Probably Ewing lol

Funny thing is we could have drafted every starter we have now except Randle. He's the highest pick and the guy fans dont even like.
And I'd be the first to tell you I don't like Randle either lol. But he's absolutely needed if we're gonna make a run & being NBA champs though. What scares me is at some point, him & JB are gonna wanna get paid which is completely understandable

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The answer is probably no man. The other thing about Mikal is that him being family allows DDV and Hart to willingly come off the bench. Instead of say… see I can’t even think of another player of Mikal’s caliber. That’s what’s so crazy. Everyone keeps saying we traded for a role player when we traded for THE role player. If you went into a lab and created the perfect complimentary pieces you’d create OG and Mikal. We’re going to have both!

Yeah that is lowkey the craziest part. Ainge basically wanted this package for Mitchell

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jalen is gonna get extended soon to a massive deal

OG wants his money

Hartenstein wants his money

They just added Bridges who makes $20 million a year

They just gave Hart $78 million

Coli Poster- "Oh yeah Julius is gonna take less he wants to be here he's fine with less shots and less money

:russ:
Man they worried about the 2024-2025 season, they'll worry about that other shyt later