“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Those Knicks picks gon be in the 20s. Those shyts are cheeks, Houston got the raw deal in this trade
How are you so sure? The picks in 2029 and 2031 that they gave up are so far away we don't know what that shyt might end up. I'm not saying it's gon be Jaylen Brown/Jayson Tatum situation again, but couldn't they at least keep one of those two picks?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
How are you so sure? The picks in 2029 and 2031 that they gave up are so far away we don't know what that shyt might end up. I'm not saying it's gon be Jaylen Brown/Jayson Tatum situation again, but couldn't they at least keep one of those two picks?
You’re not wrong, the last picks going out sucks but you got a championship contender team now. Also, those picks would be frozen at #30 if the Knicks kept them due to the Knicks being over the second apron. Brunson and Randle extensions alone will put this team into the second apron.

I mentioned this before but there was a logic with just waiving Bojan because I didn’t think keeping him was worth going into the second apron to run it back. With Mikal, it’s different, but the team was on the path of those picks being worthless to them before they got Mikal.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If you could guarantee those 2 picks turn out to be top 5 stars, would you trade them for a ring right now? That’s essentially what the Knicks are doing. Trading a legit shot at a ring for a legit shot at talent in 29 and 31. And I’d argue the ring is more realistic.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m so fukking hype.

But…

What does this starting lineup look like? Especially if OG returns(Doubtful to me).

Brunson, Mikal, OG, Randle, Mitch(or IHart)
Brunson PG
Bridges SG
OG SF
RANDLE PF
ROBINSON C

Julius Randle will not be happy in this situation

He might have to be traded for a Center

Its gonna be hard to keep Hartenstein
Maybe financially, but maybe Dolan is willing to be a second apron team to win a chip. Basketball wise it's a perfect fit. It gives him another cutter, spot up shooter

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Breh OG gonna get probably $35 mil but Brunson and Randle will extend so the year after this season they earn more. 4/140 seems like a lot but it’s not. We are like a year or two away from a player earning around 70 mil a year.

It’s been written.

CAA/Knicks and the players know exactly what they can get, and they probably give a discount to live in NY and play for a good team.

The real questions are

1) is Hartenstein staying ?
2) is CP3 getting waived and coming here?
3) can they pull a Mikal trade?
4) Will they actually draft someone for the first time in 3 year?
Just remember I might talk shyt but I be dropping Gems :wow:

Quick side note if the Mavs make the finals basically both finals teams and the NBA champion wouldn’t exist if the Nets didn’t suck. Their picks to the Celtics became Tatum and Brown and they sent Kyrie to the Mavs for peanuts.

Just remember that the next time one of their fans try to talk shyt. Their FO failures literally led to two other teams making it to the finals at the same time and then them giving up the #3 pick to the Rockets in this year’s draft. It’s the biggest L in modern sports and no one is talking about it.

Also side note Ainge sucks. I’ve been saying this for years but they let a dynasty level team slip through Boston’s fingers by chasing AD instead of going all in on the Kyrie/Tatum/Brown/Hayward/Horford core they had their a few seasons ago. Kyrie is an idiot but they should have just promised him whatever to stay.
Props to the Nets. This season was probably the lowest season in their franchise history and they didnt let it get worst by being stubborn. Lowkey as long as they hit on the next two years of draft picks they will bounce back faster than most people realize,

I also just want to highlight this post for people worried about the picks. The difference between Ainge and Stevens is Ainge kept chasing a star and Stevens realized they had a core that could win it all and pushed all the chips in to make it happen. The Celtics had a ton of picks with Ainge and instead of using them he kept waiting for a superstar who never came. The best player any of those picks turned to was Nesmith because the Celtics are always drafting late.

From a logical standpoint from the moment they traded RJ and IQ (there two best young prospects) for OG they needed to make win now moves as fast as possible. That is the same reason I think they run it back with the rest of the roster and maybe draft some guys who might be replacements for Precious and Burks. They might also get a vet like CP3 on a minimum deal who is blatantly ring chasing. The worst thing they could have done is be like Ainge and go into the season with Bojan and draft picks hoping a superstar shakes loose. They got a core, build around it to win it all.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
If you could guarantee those 2 picks turn out to be top 5 stars, would you trade them for a ring right now? That’s essentially what the Knicks are doing. Trading a legit shot at a ring for a legit shot at talent in 29 and 31. And I’d argue the ring is more realistic.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm just saying....couldn't they pay a little less for Mikal Bridges? I don't think any other team was willing to throw so much at Mikal. I have a feeling him being from Villanova sort of helped the Nets raise his price a little more when negotiating with the Knicks.

If they keep both OG and Hartenstein, then yeah this is a strong contender.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Brunson PG
Bridges SG
OG SF
RANDLE PF
ROBINSON C

Maybe financially, but maybe Dolan is willing to be a second apron team to win a chip. Basketball wise it's a perfect fit. It gives him another cutter, spot up shooter
I'm not talking financially I'm talking basketball wise

He likes to dribble the ball and try and playmake like he's a point forward :hhh:

I don't think he's gonna be happy

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not talking financially I'm talking basketball wise

He likes to dribble the ball and try and playmake like he's a point forward :hhh:

I don't think he's gonna be happy
Mikal Bridges does the same thing that Donte and OG does and Julius averaged like 27ppg and they went 14-1 during that span. Julius in basketball heaven

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I’m so fukking hype.

But…

What does this starting lineup look like? Especially if OG returns(Doubtful to me).

Brunson, Mikal, OG, Randle, Mitch(or IHart)

Idk what Thibs will do. He struggles with managing lineups of 9 or more guys but the FO is setting him up with 10-11 deep because the apron means they can’t just grab people who aren’t minimum players for 3-5 years. They have to load up on talent now to I guess “stay a float” until their contention window is closed and they can go under the apron again. That’s the main reason I can actually see them draft 3 guys today because that is 3 cheap contracts they have on the roster.

The only silver lining is Thibs isn’t a dummy and he is going to go into camp with 9-10 guys. He might actually do some unofficial load management through the season and play guys less some nights. If they can get to the playoffs healthy, and stay healthy I like their odds against every other team in the league.