“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The KFS newsletter had an interesting idea today: What if the Knicks re-sign OG and Hartenstein while waiving Bogey's contract instead of keeping it for some star trade?

By KFS' math, these three moves would squeeze New York under the first apron. Then, they could offer the Full non-taxpayer MLE to a free agent, which would fit just under the second apron.

They could get extra wiggle room by trading their first-round picks for this offseason. There are also some pennies to be saved by waiving and stretching Bogey's remaining cap hit if need be.

The problem is, who fits the roster and won't get offered more than the MLE? They mention Malik Monk, Tyus Jones, and D'Angelo Russell—not the most exciting batch of players. I like Tyus, but I'd prefer taking our chances with Rokas' development since it'd be cheaper.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The KFS newsletter had an interesting idea today: What if the Knicks re-sign OG and Hartenstein while waiving Bogey's contract instead of keeping it for some star trade?

By KFS' math, these three moves would squeeze New York under the first apron. Then, they could offer the Full non-taxpayer MLE to a free agent, which would fit just under the second apron.

They could get extra wiggle room by trading their first-round picks for this offseason. There are also some pennies to be saved by waiving and stretching Bogey's remaining cap hit if need be.

The problem is, who fits the roster and won't get offered more than the MLE? They mention Malik Monk, Tyus Jones, and D'Angelo Russell—not the most exciting batch of players. I like Tyus, but I'd prefer taking our chances with Rokas' development since it'd be cheaper.
Could you still sign Bogey if you waive him?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Could you still sign Bogey if you waive him?
He’s gonna get more money on the open market, than the Knicks would like to spend.

I think the plan is either trade him with draft picks or like @storyteller said waive him to get a MLE and go for either Tyus or CP3, and then use those picks for future dealing.

I would have said the first option of keeping him to trade is the most likeliest but he had two surgeries. Cold logic says maybe you drop him as an asset, grab another asset with the MLE and then flip/use the picks because picks have value.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Wasn't a fan of acquiring him during the deadline but I'd take a flyer out on Dejounte Murray and see if he'd be willing to play that Derrick White role for the team
Don't hate it either. Especially if it's just bogey and picks. DDV goes to the bench with Josh and we're a deeper team. Just need a vet FA to fill Bogey's role off the bench like Batum or something.

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Wasn't a fan of acquiring him during the deadline but I'd take a flyer out on Dejounte Murray and see if he'd be willing to play that Derrick White role for the team

I haven't watched him a lot on the Hawks but he kind of gives me the impression he doesn't want to be a 4th or 5th option? Maybe I'm wrong tho.