“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I saw a clip of him saying it but I didn’t see the numbers he used to get there. I’ve got the Knicks active cap hit at about 129 million. The projection I saw for the second apron was at 189.5 million. So OG 35 and I-Hart 19, plus minimum contracts or cap holds for the last roster spots would get close to it.

But I think even then they’d come just underneath it. And my sneaking suspicion is that they’d work with the players and their agents to come to fair terms that would leave the wiggle room they need.

But I suck at this cap math stuff. There’s gotta be a KFS writer doing the hard math instead of just peaking at sportrac and working things out in his head. My sense has been that the Knicks can bring back the two key guys. It’s the move after that which would run up to the apron. But I’m definitely deferring to others here. I screw up the salary cap all the time.
Same. I thought we were good money until Jalen and Julius hit their extensions at least.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Who idea was for the second apron. That cac needs to be jumped
It’s basically KDs fault. To prevent another Warriors situation. Just sucks cause even teams who organically build or make smart decisions within the margins get hurt too.

Top YouTube comment is my thoughts exactly:
“Finally get our act together and now all the rules are different.”

Mitch is probably gone. Although I SLIGHTLY prefer his defensive skill set over I-Harts offense, you can’t count on his durability. Flipping him to OKC for a pick or two and then trying to grab someone like Nick Richard’s from CHA would be the move and saves us like 10 million.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It’s basically KDs fault. To prevent another Warriors situation. Just sucks cause even teams who organically build or make smart decisions within the margins get hurt too.

Top YouTube comment is my thoughts exactly:
“Finally get our act together and now all the rules are different.”

Mitch is probably gone. Although I SLIGHTLY prefer his defensive skill set over I-Harts offense, you can’t count on his durability. Flipping him to OKC for a pick or two and then trying to grab someone like Nick Richard’s from CHA would be the move and saves us like 10 million.
it wasn't KD's fault. It was Golden State's fault for basically saying it didn't matter how high the tax bill got. They were gonna pay cuz they print money.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
it wasn't KD's fault. It was Golden State's fault for basically saying it didn't matter how high the tax bill got. They were gonna pay cuz they print money.
Sure. But if they were going deep into the tax to pay Harrison Barnes. Nobody gives a fukk. This was about competitive balance and finding a way to dissuade teams from creating super teams.