“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Hey everyone...

Everyone come...

Take seats, y'all...

Let's just look at this goofy ass nikka here!

Okay Jimmy Butler could’ve, should’ve would’ve ass nikka. Make it past the 2nd round if you wanna see us, keep battling the Pacers and them, you’re on THAT tier, you sit at the Cleveland Cavaliers table…🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Okay Jimmy Butler could’ve, should’ve would’ve ass nikka. Make it past the 2nd round if you wanna see us, keep battling the Pacers and them, you’re on THAT tier, you sit at the Cleveland Cavaliers table…🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Everybody...comeback!

He's not finished...look!

He's doubling down, y'all!

Extra Goofy now!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
More I think about it, they're not gonna spend 40M+ AAV on the C position. Even if they resign IHart, Mitch is gone
If I'm not mistaken, the max they can give Hartenstein is 19 million, and Mitch is making declining increments, so it's 14 million next season and 13 the year after. That's more like a 33/32M AAV, which is pretty good value for one of the best defensive and rebounding Center tandems in the league.

Consider the 25th-highest salary in the league for a single player is 36 million right now, and that the new tv deal means big yearly cap increases for the forseeable future.

I'd only expect a Mitch salary dump if the OG and Brunson extensions push New York to the second apron.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If I'm not mistaken, the max they can give Hartenstein is 19 million, and Mitch is making declining increments, so it's 14 million next season and 13 the year after. That's more like a 33/32M AAV, which is pretty good value for one of the best defensive and rebounding Center tandems in the league.

Consider the 25th-highest salary in the league for a single player is 36 million right now, and that the new tv deal means big yearly cap increases for the forseeable future.

I'd only expect a Mitch salary dump if the OG and Brunson extensions push New York to the second apron.
You hear Bobby Marks on KFTV? If I’m not mistaken, he said if we brought everyone back we’d be a second apron team NEXT season. I don’t understand how but that’s scared me.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You hear Bobby Marks on KFTV? If I’m not mistaken, he said if we brought everyone back we’d be a second apron team NEXT season. I don’t understand how but that’s scared me.
I saw a clip of him saying it but I didn’t see the numbers he used to get there. I’ve got the Knicks active cap hit at about 129 million. The projection I saw for the second apron was at 189.5 million. So OG 35 and I-Hart 19, plus minimum contracts or cap holds for the last roster spots would get close to it.

But I think even then they’d come just underneath it. And my sneaking suspicion is that they’d work with the players and their agents to come to fair terms that would leave the wiggle room they need.

But I suck at this cap math stuff. There’s gotta be a KFS writer doing the hard math instead of just peaking at sportrac and working things out in his head. My sense has been that the Knicks can bring back the two key guys. It’s the move after that which would run up to the apron. But I’m definitely deferring to others here. I screw up the salary cap all the time.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I saw a clip of him saying it but I didn’t see the numbers he used to get there. I’ve got the Knicks active cap hit at about 129 million. The projection I saw for the second apron was at 189.5 million. So OG 35 and I-Hart 19, plus minimum contracts or cap holds for the last roster spots would get close to it.

But I think even then they’d come just underneath it. And my sneaking suspicion is that they’d work with the players and their agents to come to fair terms that would leave the wiggle room they need.

But I suck at this cap math stuff. There’s gotta be a KFS writer doing the hard math instead of just peaking at sportrac and working things out in his head. My sense has been that the Knicks can bring back the two key guys. It’s the move after that which would run up to the apron. But I’m definitely deferring to others here. I screw up the salary cap all the time.
Bogeys contract pushes it over as well

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
A high priority is the need for an actual backup to Randle; which is what a lot of us were saying this season when Obi was traded. A legit PF who can contribute & not a player playing out of position
We need a legitimate 6'8 back up athletic wing too we've been needing it for years

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Draft picks? Back-ups?

This team is one player away from competing for a CHAMPIONSHIP... and yall talking about side pieces :childplease:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Draft picks? Back-ups?

This team is one player away from competing for a CHAMPIONSHIP... and yall talking about side pieces :childplease:
And what happens if Randle goes down for the rest of the season again? How far can we realistically go w/o Randle or a competent backup in his place? We have absolutely no depth at PF or SF. Even if the rest of the team was healthy this season & we just lost Randle, we'd still have a tough climb to win the ECF & Finals w/o him or a backup with size