“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
3) can they pull a Mikal trade?
As much as I'd love to see this, I don't see it happening.
Nets have been irrational about Mikal. He balled out and looked like a little PG or Kawhi junior immediately after the trade to close the 22-23 season.
But he's clearly been a 2nd/3rd option type player at best this past season, and Brooklyn still didn't budge on a fairly high price tag for him. Multiple 1sts and 20+ mpg player minimum.

Plus, they'd tax the Knicks something crazy. Tsai revenge-traded Kyrie to us to avoid helping out other teams and to avoid placating Kyrie.
I don't see how Nets ownership pivots to aiding their intercity rival by helping the Knicks complete the cypher. I'm sure you brehs realized this a while back before non-Knickas like me did.

Mikal is one of my favorite players in the league. I think he's one of the best 3rd Piece On A Championship Team guys out there. Better than an MPJ or PJ or Holiday/White. I'd love him on the Mavericks. Don't see it happening, we don't have the assets for their asking price. And I think it's even less likely he goes to the Knicks because of what Brooklyn would be doing to aid in the destruction of their own franchise.

Knicks would have to give up a Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams type of cartoonish overpay to pry him from BK :francis:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

If there's really a team out there offering $100mil he has to take it plain and simple :manny:
Would really suck to lose him, felt like Thibs had started to unlock him as a passer like he did Noah back in the day, was showing some Point Center type traits, we had just scratched the surface on it and it would really make the offense much harder to defend

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York

If there's really a team out there offering $100mil he has to take it plain and simple :manny:
Would really suck to lose him, felt like Thibs had started to unlock him as a passer like he did Noah back in the day, was showing some Point Center type traits, we had just scratched the surface on it and it would really make the offense much harder to defend

Ain’t no way I’m paying a backup center 100 million.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Lets see it actually happen… its a center heavy draft.

They keep hinting that Philly wants to scumbag the Knicks and overpay for one of our players but idk. Let’s see if a team is really that fukking delusional to go to beef with CAA Knicks like Rose doesn’t unofficially still run that agency.

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Yeah, if he gets offered that, he has to take the bread. I want to see folks get theirs.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He's good, but not 100 million good. I don't think he'll see that, but who knows

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
As much as I'd love to see this, I don't see it happening.
Nets have been irrational about Mikal. He balled out and looked like a little PG or Kawhi junior immediately after the trade to close the 22-23 season.
But he's clearly been a 2nd/3rd option type player at best this past season, and Brooklyn still didn't budge on a fairly high price tag for him. Multiple 1sts and 20+ mpg player minimum.

Plus, they'd tax the Knicks something crazy. Tsai revenge-traded Kyrie to us to avoid helping out other teams and to avoid placating Kyrie.
I don't see how Nets ownership pivots to aiding their intercity rival by helping the Knicks complete the cypher. I'm sure you brehs realized this a while back before non-Knickas like me did.

Mikal is one of my favorite players in the league. I think he's one of the best 3rd Piece On A Championship Team guys out there. Better than an MPJ or PJ or Holiday/White. I'd love him on the Mavericks. Don't see it happening, we don't have the assets for their asking price. And I think it's even less likely he goes to the Knicks because of what Brooklyn would be doing to aid in the destruction of their own franchise.

Knicks would have to give up a Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams type of cartoonish overpay to pry him from BK :francis:

I'd do it if it means I can keep the core (Julius included) to get it done.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He's a starter.
Right. OKC would make him the 5, keep Chet at the 4 and play SGA and Dort as the guards with Jalen Williams as the SF. Giddey's probably gone.

Looking at the final 4 in the West, I get you wanna play 5 out with all these shooters but you can't have Chet be your only big on the boards. Dallas ate them for lunch and Minny/Denver would do the same, if not worse. They need a legit big.