“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Quick side note if the Mavs make the finals basically both finals teams and the NBA champion wouldn’t exist if the Nets didn’t suck. Their picks to the Celtics became Tatum and Brown and they sent Kyrie to the Mavs for peanuts.

Just remember that the next time one of their fans try to talk shyt. Their FO failures literally led to two other teams making it to the finals at the same time and then them giving up the #3 pick to the Rockets in this year’s draft. It’s the biggest L in modern sports and no one is talking about it.

Also side note Ainge sucks. I’ve been saying this for years but they let a dynasty level team slip through Boston’s fingers by chasing AD instead of going all in on the Kyrie/Tatum/Brown/Hayward/Horford core they had their a few seasons ago. Kyrie is an idiot but they should have just promised him whatever to stay.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
OG is fragile and unreliable
If he bounces i won't blink an eye
The first part of your statement is irrefutable, OG definitely has issues staying healthy

The last part..... ehh. It was a small sample size but OG took the Knicks to a new level of potential and I think the record bore that out. I wasn't the biggest fan of Barrett so he's no great loss but to let a starter and your sixth man walk for 32 games of OG is kinda short-sighted, especially when you don't have an available replacement.

Knicks are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. You gotta either pay OG 4/140ish and pray he's healthy come playoffs or let him walk and try to figure out plan B on the backend. Neither are really great options, IMHO

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Hartenstein and Donte have also said the same thing about Thibs practices. Thibs has clearly changed and adapted from his Chicago/Minnesota days

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think there are a couple of teams that can offer him more $$$, with a bigger role and a decent fit. OKC comes to mind.

He seems to like the Knicks but who knows?
It helps that it is a pretty good Center draft class. A lot of teams would rather just draft a defensive Center than pay one. A couple of guys in the draft have higher ceilings than Hartenstein so teams are going to go there first.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We should package Bagdonovic, Sims, and those 2 picks to see if we can move up and get another Center, PF, or Guard.